Worst Multiplayer Map of All Time

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Jynthor said:
Nuketown? Pft. Shipment is where it's at.
Terrible map, but how much fun I had with it.

Captcha: Face to face. Indeed.
Structure of that map seriously reminds me fy_snow from Counterstrike, just without the stairs.

For me, I would say its Servants Quarters from Dungeon Defenders.
Spawns are wide spread and many, corridors and short, crooked, and tight without proper place to build and for all that you only get 85 defense units available.

Thoughtful_Salt

Mar 29, 2012
Metro from BF3 is damn horrible for both sides. Boring for the russians and frustrating for the Americans. But I hate BF3 anyways, what with the overlong respawns rubbing it in every time you die, but Metro was a terrible map all the same.

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
BF3: All Close Quarters maps. Shouldn't need explaining, 32/64 players is just a giant toss-up of random bullets, suppression, blindly throwing explosives (you're bound to kill someone), no skill/tactics involved and the terrible netcode/lag making everything 50,000 times worse. It's not the map design as much as BF3's gameplay simply not being built with reflex-based, aimed shooting in mind.

BF3: Metro. It's a long linear sausage with 2-3 chokepoints for 64 players spamming M320/grenades/RPG's. Defies the very concept of open-world gaming that Battlefield was about.

BF3: Seine Crossing. It's a whole series of linear sausages basically making for the same rubbish choke-points, except now you have tanks/BMPs/LAVs playing peek-a-boo around the corners, invincible thanks to multiple engineers on repair duty on the damn thing. Just a gigantic campfest of shooting from windows all day. Fun fun fun!

WoW: Isle of Conquest. The majority of the playerbase had given absolute terrrible feedback on Wintergrasp and Strand of the Ancients due to the terrible vehicle warfare, and what did Blizzard do? Introduced a 40-man BG relying on vehicles. The cocaine bucket must've run dry at Blizz HQ.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Jynthor said:

64 players, almost-insta spawn, free for all, grenade/rocket/helicopter/last stand/martyrdom spamming fun fest.

I lov eit.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Oh, I have to add any map in the super smash bros series that scrolls up/down.
They are all awful. Absolutely terrible.

Bleugh. Also new pork city in brawl sucks, luckily I have a mod that replaces it with the wifi loading stage with a sandbag :D

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Just about every map in Black Ops I found boring, and just about every map in MW3 I found boring and shit.

I thought MW2 had some cool maps, the retarded ass 'balance' and killstreak crap made them seem sucky. For instance Wasteland is based off an awesome map from the original CoD, but sucks balls compared to the original mainly because of it being made up of 95% open fields extremely vulnerable to snipers and airstrikes, with the rest essentially being untouchable little camping spots.

Reach has some big issues with weapon placement, particularly on Pinnacle where one team gets early access to the shotgun, rockets and a sniper rifle pretty much right in their spawn, while the other team gets another sniper rifle which tucked away in one of the most grenade vulnerable areas of the map.
Fair game, fuck yeah.

All the maps in BF3 in which the US starts off on a carrier have the potential to be among the most fucking retarded things in history, thanks to the damn genius douchebag who thought that having superpowered vehicle mounted guided weapons in the game was a good idea. And the damn things can be buffed by that laser designation crap. Shit man, I know it actually makes Recon useful for something but damn...
Funny how DICE seems to be preoccupied with nerfing the SHIT out of anything already in the game thats unbalanced, however they managed to have all this stupid instant-tank-cripple homing missile and whatnot crap in the thing in the first place.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Isolation from Halo 3 was pretty bad. I always vetoed it because it was just boring, and way too small. Guardian was also really annoying, and way too small.
Now onto a lesser known game; Doppelgangers from Sins of a Solar Empire. Its 4 identical star systems, with a faction in each, and the only way to get to the opponents system is through the Star in the center of it. However, stars can have up to 4 (5 if you're TEC loyalist) starbases built around it. This becomes massively OP if you're playing as Advent, because then you just max out the squadrons and end up with 400 bombers around a single star. As soon as the enemy jumps in a capital ship- hell, even a titan- it gets ripped to shreds because there is nothing in the game which can beat 400 bombers at once.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
I really enjoyed Shipment, Overgrown and a load of the COD4, MW2 and MW3 maps that are being mentioned. They changed the game a bit and I always did really well on those maps. The spawns aren't as bad as people say they are. It's quick, lively and with some skill, can net some good scores. Especially in COD4, as the killstreaks were set - changing that is probably my least favourite aspect of COD.

I do hate Metro on BF3 when you spawn on the side that's furthest away from the middle. It's almost impossible to flank at that point, and people just stand in that corridor and throw grenades down there. It's alright ifyou chucan ammobox onthe floor though, that gets the points.

Devon Dent

Mar 17, 2010
I know I am spelling at least one of them wrong, but

Battlefield 3 Operation Metro (Rush only)
and Battlefield 3 Serene Crossing (It doesn't matter what game type)

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
The Lazy Blacksmith said:
I disagree on your point on Nuketown. It was so small, it was meant to be a joke. The entire map is based on not taking the game seriously, a concept Call of Duty should look into more.

Anyway, I nominate Sword Base from Halo Reach. The map was absurdly biased towards jetpackers, and anybody with Armor Lock and an Energy Sword could camp in the lift room ad infinium with no serious threats whatsoever.
Couldn't agree more with either statement. I loved maps like Nuketown because the small vicinity, constantly shifting spawn points, and large amount of nade spamming made it hard to camp (at least for extended periods). On the other side of the spectrum, Sword Base was one of the most camp happy maps I've been in. And you just know that it's the first thing MLG players will all queue up to vote for.

Runner up is the Metro map for BF3 during conquest. Short of having severely mismatched teams in your favor, the layout of the level almost always assures that whichever team spawns on the high ground will always win because it's just so damn easy to defend.

Dexter S. Bateman

Sep 19, 2011
Fasckira said:
Dexter S. Bateman said:
Granary in TF2, only map that I hated of the original batch, even Hydro was decent most of the time.
What dont you like about Granary? Relatively good map that has places for all the classes to excel in.

For me its probably cs_oilrig from CS. Just felt way too favoured towards the T's for my liking.
Granary was and still is really even - all the cp ones are... I think it might be because I'm used to playing the less serious maps on pub servers - I really don't mind 2Fort, for example. Granary for me was always dominated by one team, and very rarely switched back and forth (Just my experience), and to break a steamroll would require just a tiny bit too much teamwork from what I normally get on a pub. Payload seems to be better suited for pub levels of teamwork.

Also - Demos and scouts and pyros OH MY!

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
The Wykydtron said:
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
geK0 said:
ToastiestZombie said:
I really, REALLY hate Nuketown from Black Ops.
Ninja'd by the OP!

The Wykydtron said:
2fort in TF2. The one where you cap the intelligence. Could never stand the layout of that map, it's either Snipers owning your face, Spies being in your spawn or Pyros just being dicks in general.

Also the Dominion map in League of Legends. It's just a circle with 5 capture points on the outside! Not good!

Plus only tanky DPS Champions are viable in that mode, AP bursty casters who only have one round of cooldowns before having to dip out of the fight and supports have no place there.

*enemy team picks Darius*

GG

But at least Evelynn is half viable in that mode, Backdoor Evelynn OP.
Dominion isn't that bad. High mobility champs are as important as tanky ones, though AP Bursters do get the shaft. I enjoy Karthus and Miss Fortune on dominion. Beats playing ranked these days. Oh look, an enemy team comp of Graves, Soraka, Morgana, Vorick, and Lee Sin... how original.

OT: I really don't like Gravel Pit in Team Fortress 2. Few ways that map goes fun. Either a steam roll or a lockout, neither a good clean battle.
Morgana? In Ranked? The only reason she'd ever be allowed into Ranked is if someone dropped the ball and didn't permaban her. Same with Kassadin.

Annoying as hell to me since she's one of my favorite AP mids to play.

Yeah the perfectly metagame-happy team comp in Ranked can get annoying. Still I can't play Irelia solotop much in Normal since you hardly ever get a jungler. Rarer still is both teams having a jungler...

Swear only one team having a jungler can go worse for the jungle team cuz the solotop is gonna be 2v1 all the time. If the jungler isn't practically permaganking top it's gonna suck for that guy. Plus if they push the lane one of them can easily go counter-jungling without the top being able to do much

I still hate AD carries mid... Especially Ashe. They absolutely body you until you get your main damage skill up to 3 or 4. Sure if you didn't die you might be able to roflstomp her face at that point but the Volleys are fucking evil!
The only time anyone should jungle in normal is with a fast gank champ (Lee Sin, Shaco, Nocturne) because of this reason. You also need to trust top lane is gonna park themselves under their turret and hide while you take them out. Also means whoever is top lane needs to have at least one hard CC, or you're gonna have trouble. Just not worth it most days.

And I MF mid when I can. Most mages have trouble dealing with that.
Yeah I went MF mid a bit while she was free last week. I actually beat Kassadin in a proper 1v1. Twice. So much rage!

It's DPS/sustained damage versus burst. What the mages have one or two abilities that do damage but they need level 6 and higher to get their proper damage output going. Whereas Carries can just keep autoattacking to piss off the enemy.

I love Irelia mid. Dunking all the rudelords who think they can fight me. True damage is even more brutal to the mages. They don't have the resistances or the health to deal with it plus your standard AD damage.

To paraphase one great LoL player:

"Remember to Bladesurge onto your mid lane opponent's face whenever you feel like, making a kill..."

You know how Veigar melts people mid? The ultimate anti-AP? Weeeeeelll after I killed him once and got my Merc Treads his pathetic little cage > meteor > whatever combo was suddenly cut short by me jumping on him due to the insane CC reduction.

"What your stun and meteor are on CD now? You only have the AP scaling Ultimate (against the girl with zero AP) and your Q thing? Oh that's gonna suck for you"

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Jynthor said:

That map was fantastic. I once played a 32-player match on that map, and it was utter chaos and great fun!

I've recently started hating Caspian Border in BF3. I don't have ANY proper setups for the distances in that map, and I ALWAYS end up being raped by a tank..

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
I actually used to love nuketown because of the utter chaos. I hated the zombie map "Five", drove me crazy !

Grape_Bullion

Mar 8, 2012
Personally I've always hated any form of Blood Gulch in its every incarnation of whichever Halo we're on. People like it because it has cars, which is a dumb reason to like anything. Objectively (as close to objective as I can be I guess)Library from Goldeneye.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Shanicus said:
Temple Ruin is my most hated map due to my preferred class - Juggernaut. The generator rooms are gigantic, so hitting enemies with AoE blasts becomes difficult due to the size of the area. Likewise the flag stand is wide open, which makes defense more taxing on a team and means being the Heavy-On-Flag sucks HARD when multiple enemies attack (which they always do, since getting to the flag stand is so ridiculously easy). I haven't had a decent match on Temple Ruin in ages, as it always winds down to 'Which team has more explosives' when running for the flag.
You know, people always seem to dislike that one, but I don't mind it. My most hated? Raindance. That frikkin gen room. Every. Time. And then miles of barely inclined hills to sap all your speed away. I hate it. Yet that's one of the more popular ones for some reason o_O

Captcha: don't be late. Gimme some steeper hills for speed then.