Worst Music Ever

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
Crunkcore: The first genre with nothing but dead-ends.

headshotcatcher said:
Where do I start.. Reel Big Fish is so horrid! Who would listen to that upbeat happy crap..

They Might Be Giants, eugh, who would make a song about a shoehorn with teeth? THEY DON'T EVEN FUCKING EXIST

The Cure, they look queer..

I like Brokencyde though
10/10 would rage myself into a heart attack again

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
BonsaiK said:
Vision of Division said:
BonsaiK said:
Worst song ever from me... hmmm... probably this:
You must be joking...
No way. Overexposed, overplayed, overlong and lyrically daft, definitely the song that I enjoy least out of anything in recent memory. I prefer the band the OP linked, in all seriousness.
That's ture and all, but I've heard worse. I mean if you compare it to this;
It dosen't seem so bad. They're so douchey

Rational-Delirium

Feb 24, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
reg42 said:
silver wolf009 said:
dont know if ive been ninja'd but
black out band
heres a free sample
dont know if the video will work can anyone help me with that. what do i do?
That... was... horrible... I need to detox with some good music
exactly now to cheer you up here is what one man thought should have happened
Gah, ninja'd on both counts. I showed the first video to a friend a few weeks ago. She got twenty seconds in, closed the window, the laptop, walked out of the room, closed the door and screamed.
Whenever I mention it now, she gets a bit paler. It's kinda hilarious actually.

And I saw the second video last night. It made me smile. :)

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Arrers said:
BonsaiK said:
Vision of Division said:
BonsaiK said:
You must be joking...
No way. Overexposed, overplayed, overlong and lyrically daft, definitely the song that I enjoy least out of anything in recent memory. I prefer the band the OP linked, in all seriousness.
Yes, but there is a strong element of parody in the song you linked (as in the song the OP linked), whereas in the song I linked the performers are taking their own bullshit completely seriously.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Almost anything on top 40 and modern "rock" radio stations

Its all so uncreative and overplayed it makes me want to puke.

Gauntes

Jun 22, 2009
I hate all forms of raps
no, I don't care if you think there's an exception, I will despise it with white hot passion

but if I do have to point out one song, I'd say that poker face crap that people seemed to like last year or so

Tsuillo

Sep 5, 2009
I think the style of music I hate most, is reggaeton.... I mean usually I'll say I dislike rap and country more than anything, but reggaeton certainly takes the cake in my mind for worst style of music ever.

Take a couple latino kids, teach them to gutterally rap by randomly jumping between Spanish and English where it suits them, and then play that against a background of bob Marley tunes, and you're pretty spot on the money for 90% of the reggaeton out there.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
DustyDrB said:
Any mainstream country is horrible. I love old country (Johnny Cash, Roger Miller) and a whole lot of new and old folk music (and bluegrass: Chris Thile is the man), but this overproduced talentless generic pop with fake southern accents? It's just so ingenuine.

I also hate J-pop. The music on Street Fighter IV sounded like a kindergarten band on ecstasy.

I use to hate all rap. But Jay-Z's albums from the early 2000's were great (The Blueprint, The Black Album). Madlib and Mos Def are great too. I don't like "Dirty South" rap. The rap I like flows like A Tribe Called Quest. It's almost jazzy. Southern rap spits and is just grating.
I'll have to agree with you on this.

A tribe called quest is one of the better rap groups in my opinion

Also your J-pop analogy made me crap my pants laughing

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
AvsJoe said:
How the hell do you know about that!? If you're not from Somerset, then this has gotten out of hand... That's worse than a zombie plague.

Nikajo

Feb 6, 2009
Leaper said:
The Rockerfly said:
Most of what idiots would consider "real" metal
You mean

*SNIP*

:D
That has to be some of the most "meh" metal I've ever heard. I really hope that video was tongue in cheek because it's bloody awful!

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Grunge4Ever said:
The Rockerfly said:
Most of what idiots would consider "real" metal
The emo punk that fills up Kerrang these days
Mainstream rap
British "Indie" music, even though it's a massive contradiction because they are all signed to major labels
Nirvana
Slayer
Most music in the charts (although "Don't Stop Believing" and "Fireflies" has made me a happy bunny lately)
Obviously this is my opinion so back off flamers
Slayer revolutionized metal by creating Thrash. Nirvana beat out Micheal Jackson out of the top spot and made Grunge popular. Indie music is original and catchy. SUM-41 is probably one of the worst examples of punk rock but everything else is ok. But Rap and emo I'm totally on board with you though. Same with the music in the top charts today.
I don't like Thrash though, I also don't like grunge. Indie music was original until the mainstream found it and liked it and turned ever single band into the same upstruming chords and whinny vocals. Some of Sum 41 stuff is okay but they have a lot of crap too but so many bands just use the "punk" title as an excuse to play badly

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
BonsaiK said:
Arrers said:
BonsaiK said:
Vision of Division said:
BonsaiK said:
You must be joking...
*Snip*
Yes, but there is a strong element of parody in the song you linked (as in the song the OP linked), whereas in the song I linked the performers are taking their own bullshit completely seriously.
I don't let bands off for that as a rule. Being aware that you music sucks dosn't negate it's suckiness. Also I'm not entirley sure if there's an element of parody in the first place, but maybe that's just me.

That said we're comparing things that are ridiculous in different ways so forgive me if I find comparisons a little hard.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
Emo, screamo, anything with the word Core after it, newer rap. As for worst song, take your own pick out of anything done by Soulja Boi especially Whats Hannenin?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
technoted said:
Soulja Boi especially Whats Hannenin?
A friend of mine was a Big Brother for a kid who was obsessed with the Soulja Boy "Superman" song. The kid played that song on repeat the entire time they were riding anywhere. It makes me shiver just thinking about being in that position.