Worst "Numbered/Single Player" Final Fantasy

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
oliveira8 said:
JediMB said:
-Seraph- said:
Dear god I remember that moment. WHY would the Garden assign you a pussy gunman who fucking chokes on the job!? The school HAS to be run by retarded moogles...there's no other way.
Well, he was about to shoot the woman who was pretty much his mother...

EDIT:
And, yes, he was the only person in the gang who actually remembered their past.
He never stated that was the reason.

He just said "I don't do good in pressure moments."

Also that part that they all knew each other is one of the worst plot twists ever made!

that coupled with Sorceress "what the hell Am I doing in this game" Ultimecia make FF8 one of the worst stories in gaming. It makes Duke Nukem 3D script something that shoudl win a nobel.
No, he never stated that was the reason, because everyone else would think he was nuts if he said that at that point. It makes sense, though, since that little breakdown of his doesn't at all fit with his character for the rest of the game otherwise.

But, yes, the plot of FFVIII pretty much spins out of control after the battle between the Gardens at the end of the second disc. So you have to like the characters and battle system in order to enjoy the rest of the game.

noodles loves you

Nov 20, 2008
3, 8, 10 and 12 pretty much stand as some of the worst games I've ever played.

But then not every final fantasy can be FUN like 9... or 6... or 5...

OKAY OKAY and 7... sometimes

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
I dislike ff7 because it is overrated, I dislike ff8 because it's almost meaningless to not use the summons, ff10 is my least favorite tho, it wasn't very good imo.

I liked ff9 a lot, my favorite of the numbered single-player ones.

Also, ff7 WAS released on the ps3? Since when?

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
My experience with the series started with VII, but out of those I played, XII was my least favorite by far.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
hermes200 said:
My experience with the series started with VII, but out of those I played, XII was my least favorite by far.
Wow, really? XII was one of my favorites, I liked the interesting new system.

sooperg

Feb 25, 2009
*breaks the rules* Crystal Chronicles sucked shit through a straw! the graphics were the shittiest i've seen for PS2 except when they remade classic games like frogger. personally im a JRPG fan and an FPS fan. it's impossible to explain because it's so rare. im a sniper so i like to take my time therefore, turnbased combat eg final fantasy. but i like the idea of having any weapon that almost outsizes my character eg heavy troopers or, best example, lady yunalesca's aeon's.

ShawnRiles

Jun 13, 2009
Ghostwise said:
Jman1236 said:
For me, FF2 gets my vote, mostly due to the broken leveling system.
Lol not even close. Mystic Quest by a long shot. Damn you said numbered. Oh well it still sucks lol!
...D: I loved Mystic Quest as a kid, and I still play it, but I'm still to lazy to beat it.

Dirge of Cerberus gets my vote. Just....not....FF.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
bushwhacker2k said:
hermes200 said:
That's your opinion and I respect it. For me, though, there were just too many things I didn't like about it (including the new system).

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
hermes200 said:
bushwhacker2k said:
hermes200 said:
That's your opinion and I respect it. For me, though, there were just too many things I didn't like about it (including the new system).
That's cool, what about it bugged you?

juliett_lima

May 12, 2009
FFX was by far my least favorite. maybe because I played it after I played 12 (which was really enjoyable, actually... must be if i put 80+hrs each into two runthroughs...)

i think it was just the crap voice acting, unlikeable characters (except auron and rikku), and the general... airy-fairyness of it which put me off. don't get me started on X-2...

6 is by far the best, followed by 9 and 4... 7 doesn't count because of the nostalgia factor...

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
bushwhacker2k said:
hermes200 said:
bushwhacker2k said:
hermes200 said:
It felt like an single player MMO, taking out any kind of strategy. All I have to take care was to have all the buffs in place before going to battle, and with the gambits it was just watching the characters fight.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
hermes200 said:
bushwhacker2k said:
hermes200 said:
bushwhacker2k said:
hermes200 said:
It felt like an single player MMO, taking out any kind of strategy. All I have to take care was to have all the buffs in place before going to battle, and with the gambits it was just watching the characters fight.
I think I get what you mean.

Pasta Lamp

Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, 2 is the worst. It's not even fun to play for retro/nostalgia value like FFI or FFIII because the leveling system is so awful. Once IV came along they started getting serviceable stories, and since then I don't think any of them have been actually "bad".

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Comeon, people.
This is classic trolling material.
Everyone has their opinions on Final Fantasy, and everyone's already posted it on one of the other dozens of final fantasy threads. And its all a matter of opinion. Squeenix has produced plenty of games that suit (and repulse) many different people, but they have consistently produced some of the most solid titles of their time.
Love 'em or leave em, and most of all, leave 'em be.

Computer-Noob

Mar 21, 2009
I've played X. I own X. I hate X. If people played 10 (I'm sick of using a letter) along with others, and didnt hate 10 the most, I cring at the thought of the other games.

gabdewulf

Sep 12, 2008
I can't say that I haven't really enjoy a final fantasy since eight. But, final fantasy X was so bad that I never made it out of the first city.