Worst Racism You've Encountered

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
i feel very victimized for not being bilingual and being a white male in my country. i am frequently passed up for job opportunities to a less qualified person so the company can fill race quotas, and frequently harassed over not being able to speak both official languages, when the other person could simply speak English when they are bilingual themselves.

Painful illusion

Oct 9, 2010
I was doing some volunteer work at an elderly home for my school and I was having a talk with this elderly woman and she asked me where I was from. I said I've lived in California most of my life but I was born in Belize. She nonchalantly looks at me and ask "oh what tribe are you from?" I guess because I am black she assumed Belize is in Africa (its next to mexico) and that I belonged in a tribe.I actually thought it was slightly funny simply because she was probably 70+. So I explained that to her and she laughed an apology.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Not really racist itself, but I thought it was funny: My best friend flew up to NYC to spend a week with me, and when I was taking him around Times Square a black guy advertising his comedy club tried to entice us into going by telling us "You'll like it guys, we tell lots of racist jokes!!"

Other than that, I think the standards that white people are held to are racist. Yes, we were the supermajority in the past, but now we're hardly outnumbering other races in the US by the billions. I guarantee if any openly white only colleges opened up, they would be crucified by the media, the NAACP, and Al Sharpton in a split second, but there's no problem with the 60+ openly black only colleges in this country.

Same with television. There exists the BET (Black Entertainment Television), but if a WET station came on the air, it would be racist.

I sincerely wish racism could just become an non-issue in this day and age, but, as a great musical once said, "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist".

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
My papa, who is 81, is pretty racist. I don't want any trouble, but I have to exactly quote our conversation.

Him: So, Chris, you're getting into politics like your dad?
Me: Well... a little. The state's governor sucks.
Him: Indeed he does! You know what he did once he got into office?
Me: No, sir.
Him: He went and bought a fancy car for himself. Typical ******! Has to spend all the money on himself, not his family. The state's going to hell, and so will the country!
Me: Papa, that was a bit rude.
Him: Rude, shmude, it's the truth boy, and you best know that!

I love the man, but fucking hell can he be racist.

Oh, and an old woman who lives across the street called my half white, half black best friend, "A half breed abomination that should be smited by the Lord!". Yeah.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
In the sixth grade, I found a note written about myself. It said that I was a terrorist bomber from Iraq and that I should be shot. It didn't make sense because I'm Guatemalan, and I don't even look slightly Middle Eastern. Oh well, the kids were in sixth grade what would they know?

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
For about 6 months I was a white waiter at an asian restuaraunt. A couple times when I would get an asshole black or asian kid in their 20s dressed to party they would talk like Wally Cleaver to me. "gee whiz sport could ya get me another sprite, really appreciate it champ/cheif." "ah golly, everythings just super." The pain, OH the pain.

Now to explain the area I live in. there are two towns that are incredibly liberal and full of hippies, and they're all in the valley. In the hills around them (actually my town which is kind of in the middle of the road is ironically, in between those two towns), nothing but rednecks. My brother hangs out with em'. They can talk about the one black guy who drove through the town of 1000 for a week. "d'ya see that damn Nagger pumping gas last tuesday? Fuggin hate Naggers".

Purple Shrimp

Oct 7, 2008
I've never really encountered any racism that would be serious enough to remember

Mr Thin said:
I was walking down the street with my friends and some guy driving past on a motorbike yelled out "You guys look like Lord of the Rings!" because we were all wearing glasses.

YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FANS OF TOLKIEN? I shouldn't have to put up with that kind of intolerance!

OK, in all seriousness, I've never encountered any racism beyond the normal high school joking bullshit. If you can even call that racism.
you can't

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
I hop onto a tram with my friend one time, and there was a seventy or so year old Jewish man sitting up the front. Some absolute fuckwit was sitting up the front with us, and he was literally steaming from the ears. He spent a whole ten minutes screaming - at the top of his lungs - at the jewish guy, telling him that he was going to hell and that - actually, I don't want to go into it. Anyway, the old man that was being abused was taking it really well, but we were getting sick of the racist ****, so when one passenger got up to challenge him, and was rudely dismissed, ten or so of us got up and literally threw the guy off the tram and onto the road.

NoMansLand 666

Jan 14, 2011
The worst public display of racism I've seen almost got me and my mate a fucking arse whooping. And we were not the ones making remarks.

Basically, me and a group of friends were at a Cannibal Corpse gig at the nearby universities music venue and this one drunk 40 year old slag was singing at full blast to Tina Turners 'Simply the Best' with my mate (never seen a metal head in camo's with a face full of piercings sing along to that, so was a laugh).

But then me and one mate decided to go for a cigarette, and the drunk slag followed us outside begging for a cigarette. Me being the 'kind soul' gave her a smoke, thinking, if nothing else, it might shut her up for 5 minutes. Nope, not even close. The three of us were stood on one side of the double doors and on the other side was two black guys who were built like brick shit houses. Me and my mate, not being racist, thought absolutely nothing of this. But not the drunk slag. She proceeded to go into a fucking hate speech which went, and I'm not making this up: 'Oh, those fucking blacks think there so fucking great, they come here trying to sleep with all the white women and rape the ones that say no' 'Oh, I wish they'd all fuck off back to where they came from and leave us all alone'.

At this point, me and my mate had our jaws on the floor, trying to work out what in the hell was going on, and then my mate in quick thinking got to persuading these guys that we did not know this racist slut, and had only met her 5 minutes ago. I'm glad he convinced them, because if not I imagine we had the mother of all beat downs coming for that gem.

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
One day, i was in a car coming back from a strip club with 2 of my friends. We were a total of 5 people in the car. One of my friends had the brilliant (sarcasm) idea to bring 2 of his job buddies with him and when we came back one of them said: "You know i love black girls...yeah all those black guys should go back to Africa and the black girls should stay for us to fuck them". I swear to god that is true if the car was mine i would've dumped that piece of shit on the side of the road.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Yes. I am 1/4th Irish, 1/4th Austrian, and a very small percentage French. I look like what you would see in "Hitler youth" posters.

I was once asked "Hey Hitler: You headed off to invade Poland?"

Also, my school had a large black population, and I was called a "Cracker" or "Nazi" more times then I could count.

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
HailtotheKing said:
but there's no problem with the 60+ openly black only colleges in this country.

Same with television. There exists the BET (Black Entertainment Television), but if a WET station came on the air, it would be racist.
Just so you know, "Black only colleges" don't exist anymore. Anyone can go to those schools. You just wouldn't want to. They were black only because black people weren't allowed anywhere else.

Also, BET is shit and hardly something you'd want to emulate.

clipse15

May 18, 2009
Well i've dealt with a lot of ignorance that I don't really have a problem with. For example i'm a light skinned Black guy and was debating with my Asian girlfriends parents about how one of my parents must be White.

However the most racist thing i've probably experienced is when I held the door open for an elderly White gentleman with a walker, as he passed through the door he said "I don't need your help ******." Even though it was pretty obvious he needed tons of help.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
BobDobolina said:
AvsJoe said:
Most of my ex-flatmates in Calgary were either slightly or full-blown racist, the worst of whom was mulatto himself. I can't stand racism, even if it's in jest, so at times that was a particularly difficult place to tolerate.
Calgary is pretty bad for it as Canadian urban centres go. (Grew up here myself.) The most acceptable targets seem to be Natives and "Pakis" (sloppily a term for Middle Easterners), about whom people will talk casually and derogatorily as though it was just a normal thing like saying the sun comes up. Always with the classic Canuck "I'm not a racist, but" caveat, of course.

Most of the most chilling incidents of racism I encountered -- aside from random incidents of being aggressively called "******" by total strangers or having so-called friends attempt to "joke" on the same lines -- involved the city's neo-Nazi element. The very worst: in junior year of HS I was friends with a bunch of kids who commonly partied at a place in Vic Park (scuzzy part of downtown). One time the landlord came up and drank with us (them, that is) and invited a group of people down to his apartment... which sported an enormous swastika flag on the wall and various charming pieces of army-surplus Nazi regalia. Turned out the basement apartment was a skin bin, a fact nobody'd seen fit to inform me of.

Last time I partied with that particular group.

Still better than growing up in rural Canada though. My sister jumped on that particular grenade and her stories are way worse than mine.
Yeah, small towns are a breeding ground for all kinds of negative shit like racism, nativism, xenophobia... When the rumour mill gets a-churning, there's little to stop it. Cities, even bad ones like Calgary, are just easier places to live, at least in that respect.