Worst sequals of all time.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Hell Girl: Cauldron of Three, Two Mirrors gave the series a nice closure. Then comes along CoT, with a convoluted way to resurrect Ai. She has no reason to keep doing this, the power Hell has over her is gone. Plus most of the episodes never reached the greatness of Two Mirrors.

Wild Arms 4/XF: Both are just terrible and I refuse to talk about them ever again.

Bloodlines( unofficial sequel to Dracula): I've never been a fan of epistolary style and this book did nothing to endear the concept to me. It mostly written from one girls diary with a letter from him brother occasionally thrown in. I'm not knocking the original for its style of writing, I haven't read it, but Bloodlines was just awful.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Puddleknock said:
Film: Starship Troopers 2 - the first was silly but fun, the second one is the worst film I've ever seen.
Ha I remember the sequel was pretty much had a limited budget (set in the dark and little screentime for CGI bugs) and their guns that pretty much acted like a flashlight (shooting was just the light going on and off)

OT- Excluding Indy 4 I going with Men In Black 2. The film felt like retelling the first film plot as oppose to come up with a original script.

Also Hellboy 2. They could of use a story in the comicbook but no they went all out for making something different which they jsut turn into one fantasy mess.

Futureman

Oct 10, 2010
Hyrulian Hero said:
Book: The Twilight books. I can say this because I'm sure they got worse as they went on. I refuse to read them because I am straight and my IQ is larger than my shoe size. Vampires don't fucking sparkle! They kill people, fuck each other and get killed by Blade.. No glitter is involved in any of those activities.
if you refuse to read them then how do you know that they suck?

ot: shrek one, two and three.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
OK, let's disagree with some people:

Gizmo1990 said:
Film: Indy 4 (Aliens in an indy movie? Stop screwing with us Lucas. And spialberg why did you not stop him?)
What's with the hate for this movie? I saw all of them recently and all of them are of equal quality to me. The only difference is that the new one has CGI.
I've seen some people say that the stuff which makes the old movies good , somehow makes the new one bad (like the fridge scene is the WTF moment of the century, yet when Indy falls from a huuuuuge waterfall in a canoe and the get's out fine, people are like "it's the magic of the 80's"... bull shit)

Bambi On Toast said:
Film: Spiderman 3. The first two were decent, but the 3rd was all over the place.
For me, the 3rd one was the best one. Best acting, most versatile plot, best character development, most on-screen chemistry, having fun with the source material (in a good way, not in a "let's tear off its' legs and burn it with a magnifying glass" way)...

Wuggy said:
Film: Matrix Reloaded - And you damn well know why.
No, I don't.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
Films:
-Matrix: Reloaded
-Matrix: Revolutions
-The Neverending Story 2
-The Neverending Story 3
-Terminator 3
-Terminator 4
-Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
-Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Games (haven't played many sequels period):
-Disgaea 3

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Apperently there are people in this thread who haven't seen Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. That is easily the worst movie I've seen (I've even enjoyed the shit they mocked on MST3000 more that this piece of shit). Yeah, the first one wasn't a shining example of great film making, and there was some canon rape, but at least it worked as a movie.

bladecuttersedge

Sep 4, 2009
Puddleknock said:
Film: Starship Troopers 2 - the first was silly but fun, the second one is the worst film I've ever seen.
The third one was even more ludicrous...god insects and pop star leaders of the federation!
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844760/)

Game wise: Tenchu Z

Hyrulian Hero

May 20, 2009
Futureman said:
Hyrulian Hero said:
Book: The Twilight books. I can say this because I'm sure they got worse as they went on. I refuse to read them because I am straight and my IQ is larger than my shoe size. Vampires don't fucking sparkle! They kill people, fuck each other and get killed by Blade.. No glitter is involved in any of those activities.
if you refuse to read them then how do you know that they suck?
I've never been shot in the face. I know that that sucks. I've never sold off my entire 1,200+ video game collection and then given the money to a known crackhead. I know that that sucks too. There are lots of things that I know will suck prior to my doing them. Watching an M. Night Shamyalan movie is another good example...

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I must be tired because i can't think of any.

I thought The Matrix sequels and Silent Hill 4 were great, less great but great nonetheless.

Edit: GOT IT! The puppetmaster and, oh god... Childs play's sequels.

Xifel

Nov 28, 2007
Movie: The "Pirates of the Carribean" get worse each step of the way. In the first Jack Sparrow movie is a cowardly retard that turn out to be a legendary pirate. In the last movie he is a legendary pirate that turn out to be cowardly retard.

Game: The Command and Conquer series: First game: Exciting take on a conflict in a world we are currently living in. Tiberian Sun: Gritty post-apocalyptic RTS, with intressting story. Third game: ALIENS! (and more money). Fourth: I do have never been a fourth C&C game, and noone try to say anything else!

h@wke

May 2, 2011
Am I the only one who really liked Alien 3 then? I used to watch it all the time