Worst Song Cover Ever

headbanger97

Mar 3, 2010
My top worst cover is Smells like teen spirit by Miley Cyrus, Its the biggest insult to Cobain (RIP) I have ever seen! Although as people have already stated, Jacks Obsession by Sparklehorse is Just terrible. This is to say though, that as long as the band that covers it does not truly get what the first band was trying to convey with that song, the cover will always suck because nothing new is added but a lot is stripped away.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Don't know if it gets much worse than this one...
If you want a good laugh, I suggest you watch it.

chuckey

Oct 9, 2010
Jezzascmezza said:
Don't know if it gets much worse than this one...
If you want a good laugh, I suggest you watch it.
damn ninja'd

well this cover if pretty bad too.

the worst nirvana cover AS BAD AS OP'S VID

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Glee's cover of "Don't Stop Believin'" has always stuck out in my mind. I almost smashed the computer that had the video on it. The only person who can ruin Journey properly is a drunken obese woman at an office party. An a cappella version? Too horrible to bear.

Although, the ones in this thread are pretty bad too.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009

Dear god this just killed it for me.

And just about everything GLEE has done.

PLEASE STOP BUTCHERING THE MUSIC I GREW UP ON AND LOVE!

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I listened to the song the whole way through. I had to wear headphones too as my brother is sick in the next room and I am convinced that this cover song would actually kill him. I am going to go and cry now...

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
Well I dunno about single worst cover ever, since that'd be kind of hard to judge. I do loathe the Madonna cover of American Pie and I cringe every time I hear anyone covering Every Breath You Take.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Fanta Grape said:

Screw it. I don't have anything to top that.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

OT:what are "covers"

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I can't choose between

thatman

Feb 16, 2011
Hmm, in terms of professional music, I would have to say the scissor sisters cover of comfortably numb. Simply because I absolutely the original (it has my favourite guitar solo in it) and was genuinely disgusted when i first heard that horrendous cover.