Worst sound to hear in a game?

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
The sound of a Vault closing/opening in Fallout 3. CHRIST!! I have the volume on half of what I normally have it on, and I still cringe from the damned sound!

brick

Apr 14, 2009
I hate the sound of the nazi zombies from WAW. And also the reving of the chainsaw in resi evil. Or maybe the near misses of a sniper rifle on valhalla or narrows during the last 20 seconds of team slayer on Halo. I used to find that all the old GAME OVER and "continue?" screens from sega-megadrive were irratating too.

opscomm

Mar 24, 2009
Rushin said:
worse sound is the sound of a fast head crab zombie howling from some place in raven holm
Yeah, that creeps me out, especially when I'm low on shotgun ammo.

Taniquel

Dec 9, 2008
Baby Tea said:
The worst sound in a game?

"WHAT?? MOM, WHAT DID YOU SAY?
NO MOM!
...MOM!
...MOM I DID IT LAST WEEK!
...MOM IT'S KATELYN'S TURN!
KATELYN SHUTTUP!
SHUTTUP KATELYN!
NO MOM I'M SORRY! I'LL DO IT AFTER THIS ROUND!
AFTER THIS ROUND!
LIKE 10 MINUTES!
10 MINUTES!
YES MY HOMEWORK IS DONE!
WHAT?
...WHAT??
I DON'T WANNA GOTO GRANDMA'S!"

Ugh...just mute your freaking mic please.
Yes! That is the absolute worst thing to hear in a game. I think that it rates even higher than the overly agressive trash talking (but that is a really close #2).

I Am Wingnut

Apr 15, 2009
"By Azura! By Azura! By Azura!" *shudders*

You have no idea how happy it made me to shoot the adoring fan off a cliff.

stratta one

Jun 27, 2008
Fable: Your health is low DO YOU HAVE FOOD OR A POTION?!

worst though would have to be...

LEEEEEERRRRROOY...

Not necisarily in WoW. Its been adopted by all genres

StevieC

Jan 9, 2008
Balderdash said:
The drowning music in the old Sonic games.
QFT. To this day, that music causes my heart to not merely jump into my throat, but LEAP into my SINUSES.

Also, the sound of a cloaked or otherwise stealthy Diamond Claw robot from Descent 2 slashing your Pyro-GX with its scythe-like fingers.
Another from Descent 2 was the sound effect indicating that the thief-bot had stolen one of your weapons, all-too-often the one you most needed.

But by a LONG shot, the most terrifying sound to hear in ANY game, is one female voice.

Look at you, HACKER.
SHODAN will forever be the voice of every gamer's worst nightmares.

Sergeant M. Fudgey

Mar 26, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
It doesen't tick me off, but it makes no sense. Why is it that when you curb-stomp somebody in Gears, they continue to scream for about 2 seconds after they are dead. I mean.. their head is gone!
And when you chainsaw, your character screams more than the guy with a chainsaw in his back!

SJCrew

Jun 5, 2008
Your mom calling you. I swear it's the last thing you want to hear when you're relaxed and you're really getting into it, or even worse, there's a cutscene.

Apr 14, 2009
G1eet said:
Oblivion- the incessant spoutings of "Well met", with the guards having to say "STOP! You've violated the law!"

I mean, throw in some interesting dialogue now and again, Bethesda. But I do admit they took me off guard when a high elf asked me what the fee was for necrophilia, 2nd offense.
They did do a better job with Fallout 3 though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2Jduxc2P8
This is for you.

blazing.aces

Apr 17, 2009
Annoying: COD4: *Tink, tink tink*---*Bang!* *White screen* *Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* Screen comes back, and you're dead.

Deadliest: "Nuclear Launch Detected." I agree with everyone else on this one.