Worst Story in a game Ever

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
mireko said:
Indigo Prophecy.

A great story is the only thing that could've saved that game. It had the opposite of that.
I'm going to disagree with you on that. However I know you where your coming from.
Reason I'm going to disagree is because, the first half of that games story was pretty damn good. However then the second act kicked in and your like "Ho god... no... no.... no.... God no... really?... REALLY?... no, I can't believe they are going with this" however even that wasn't the worse, it just felt like a shark jumping moment compared to the rest of the game before then. Like someone had accidentally bumped into the scriptwriter while holding his own script... Then the paper drops to the floor. They brush them selves off and kindly state their apologies and leave but ho no, the script writer picked up half the wrong script!!!.

So yeah I can see why but I think the first half of the game just saves it from getting thrown in there. As for my nomination mmm... I hear Mindjack as a pretty poor story. I'm going to go with Res Evil, least the first one. Now I know now its a classic for narminess and so bad its good humor however, I think when they made the first they were being serious. Now before you start cutting my head off for this I will say that I'm a big Res Evil fan and while I think the story is really bad, I do enjoy it for that.

Sep 17, 2009
Assassin's Creed. I mean the series is good but ugh! Who cares!? I just want to run around on rooftops and kill people in cool places. Stop bringing me to the future and stop talking about pseudo gods that created the assassins and placed messages in the past or whatever. It's the only game I can think of in which the story gets in way of the gameplay.

Euhan01

Mar 16, 2011
Borderlands just becuase of the endings, there wasn't much of a storey and the ending made it from neglected story (ok fair enough) to bad taste in mouth.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Xenosaga....not helped by the writer leaving after the first game (yes i am banging on about Xenosaga again, sorry).

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
Fallout 3. The main story was frustratingly bad, and it's made even worse because the problems would have been so easy to fix.

*sigh*

Obsideo

Jun 10, 2010
http://www.insaneabode.com/Articles/Images/about.gif

I think this is up there.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Borderlands and the distinct lack of a general over-arching plot/story of Dragon Age 2.

wikiman

Oct 5, 2010
Silent Hill 3, wich for me is a starting point of decline in the series. Before SH3 every Silent Hill game, was leaving player with loads of questions. Part of the fun was trying to answer them. Creating your own theories, etc. SH3 took that away by providing answers, about the first game. So it closed the door for many interesting theories. Also the story in SH3 revolves around basic revenge plot, and it isn't as innovative and complex as it's predecessors.
Also FF XII, known as Star Wars in JRPG setting. And FF X-2 known as JRPG in J-POP setting.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Nautical Honors Society said:
Assassin's Creed. I mean the series is good but ugh! Who cares!? I just want to run around on rooftops and kill people in cool places. Stop bringing me to the future and stop talking about pseudo gods that created the assassins and placed messages in the past or whatever. It's the only game I can think of in which the story gets in way of the gameplay.
This. The thread can be locked now.

It's like the developers sat down to make one of the coolest games ever, and someone from a rival company tried to sabotage the game by giving it the stupidest story he could think of while they were out eating lunch.

You're an assassin who gets to run wild through an open world in places ranging from the Holy Land during the Middle Ages to Renaissance Italy. They could have kept the entire Templar-Assassin war, but instead they cheapened it by making you not the badass assassin but some guy in the present day. I'm playing a guy in a video game playing another guy in a video game. Then they threw aliens into the game. Seriously, the story is the worst part of that game, and, while it's not bad, it's just so horrible in comparison to the rest.

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
Simple Bluff said:
Dragon Age 2: The ending to be precise, I was actually enjoying it up until then. I'm not going to spoil it but I believe people who played till the end will know what I'm talking about when say worst thing you could possibly do, you idiot.
I can understand why he did it, though. It may have been... extreme, and it may have been a bad idea, but that doesn't mean that the game itself is bad. I suppose it just means that Anders is a jackass (stating the obvious).

OakTable

May 10, 2011
Fallout 3. Apparently people somehow do not know how to purify irradiated water by filtering it through sand or dirt (both of which are in no short supply in the wastes), and somehow the bloody Potomac river is still radioactive even after 200 years of natural filtering, so therefore your Revelation 21:6 obsessed father will abandon you as a teenager, endangering your life, in order to hand out free drinks for people so stupid that they are unable to farm, dress up as superheroes, make Underground Railroad-esque associations for fucking androids, and are too weak to kill level 5 supermutants. Oh, and the ending was retarded. Didn't know that my radiation-proof friends would all be dicks.

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
I'm surprised that on one has mention Metroid: Other M yet, or I believe that's something that everyone would rather forget.

In all honesty, God of War's plotline is pretty bad as well. The first game was reasonable, then after that, the gods betray Kratos and the rest of the series from there on out is about him killing every god in which he periodically bitches and moans about how he killed his family and that there is no going back... *Droll*..

Not to mention the ending to the third installment. I was expecting a conclusion, but I got a shitty reason to create a cliffhanger so they can further milk the series. I don't know if I want God of War 4 at this point.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Plants vs. zombies, Zombies invade your house protect it with plants
<spoiler=Spoiler>Then you make a music video
Not that Plants versus Zombies wasn't AWESOME!

Sep 17, 2009
Midnight Crossroads said:

It's like the developers sat down to make one of the coolest games ever, and someone from a rival company tried to sabotage the game by giving it the stupidest story he could think of while they were out eating lunch.

You're an assassin who gets to run wild through an open world in places ranging from the Holy Land during the Middle Ages to Renaissance Italy. They could have kept the entire Templar-Assassin war, but instead they cheapened it by making you not the badass assassin but some guy in the present day. I'm playing a guy in a video game playing another guy in a video game. Then they threw aliens into the game. Seriously, the story is the worst part of that game, and, while it's not bad, it's just so horrible in comparison to the rest.
This I exactly why I got AC2 without getting AC1 and why I'm getting AC Revelations without having played AC Brotherhood. I just don't care about the story at all.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
For me worst story has to be a game that tried or at least I think tried making a story. So Borderlands, Just Cause, Ninja Gaiden, and Mario games are out. Now that those are outta the way I gotta say Red faction Gorilla, Fracture, Call of Duty MW2. Those games are terrible stories but all were fun (all but Fracture, damn game still own me achievements for beating on hard)

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Midnight Crossroads said:

This I exactly why I got AC2 without getting AC1 and why I'm getting AC Revelations without having played AC Brotherhood. I just don't care about the story at all.
I have to disagee with you both, I really enjoy the story in the AC series. The fact there are many different storylines that interlink really helps my enjoy the games.

Now O.T, any Mario game, seriously the guy hasn't had a good screen writer in 30 years!

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
Earth Defense Force 2017
I don't think the story went beyond "Oh shit! Aliens invaded! And for some reason they look like bugs from Earth.(ten minutes later) Oh shit again! Now these bug aliens have somehow built giant walkers and gianter space ships! I hope that some nameless soldier steps up and saves us all!"

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Legendairy314 said:
When I think about it, probably Duke Nukem.

In a nutshell: Aliens took hot chicks, kill aliens.
Ninja'd on the very first post. I cannot wait to get a refund for this game tomorrow.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Resident Evil. If you watch the movies, then play the old games, you'd probably think the story in the movie wass slightly better then all of the Harry Potter books, Dan Brown novels and Citizen Kane put together.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I found the Halo story to be tired and boring, but then again, i read a lot of sci fy and history, so I wasnt exactly shocked when the idea of enslavement and conquering the galaxy came up.