Would You Buy A Console For One Game?

Mudokon

Jun 24, 2013
Diesel- said:
No. and nothing on console worth it for me that is why i only stick to PC.
you probably love some games on consoles but youll never find out cause you hate consoles
and if you hate something you lose instantly the intresting even if you like it and you will never do a research to find a game that you might like.
and even if you like one youll automaticaly reject it.

you are the opposite of me, i never liked rts games on pc cause i never tried to even play one, i only watched others playing.
but even then i made the effort to play many rts games and i found some that i actually like. if i wouldnt play and i only watched and i was like "nah this is shit" then i would never play an rts game on pc.
what im saying its all in your mind.

im saying this cause i saw many of your posts and all of them are the same towards consoles.

Peace.

SonOfAnarchy91

Sep 22, 2014
I know pleanty of people who have done it. But I honestly think its a complete waste of money, if you can afford it good for you but otherwise No. As big a fan I am of Legend Of Zelda I won't purchase a Nintendo system just to play it. Last Nintendo system I owned was the Gamecube, which IMO was an extremely underrated console. Then Wii cam along and I just lost all faith in Nintendo. Unless they actually start working with other developers instead of thinking they can do everything on their own I will never own another Nintendo console.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Wasn't planning on it... but then I heard Disgaea 5 will be a PS4 exclusive(should have expected that).

If only the last one wasn't so good...

ghalleon0915

Feb 23, 2014
Only two consoles: Gamecube for Smash Bros because my son and I loved that game, and PSone because of Final Fantasy VII ( because I was a Squaresoft fanboy).

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Sure.
I'll buy any handheld console as long as it has Pokemon on it.
Call me a sucker.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I've never really measured how much purchasing power a console gives me before. Thanks for that, OP ... really got me thinking. Well given I have only purchased (including handhelds) 7 different consoles for myself, I would say the modern trend would be if I find, or determine to be confirmed future releases, 5 or more games I'm really intereted in then I will buy a console.

Never understood 'Day 1 purchase' mentality. That being said, I bought relatively late into the PS3 dev cycle and it turned out I was one or two model numbers shy from being able to also play PS2 games so the 'buy late, buy reduced' mentality can bite you in the arse.

Anyways, that .... shitted me, as I have a wealth of awesome PS2 games I play everynow and again (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, classic Dynasty Warriors, Silent Hill 2, Okami (though better on the Wii)) ... and transporting multiple video game consoles from apartment to apartment is kinda a bother. So I thought; "Hey, buy a PS3 ... then I can put my PS2 into storage and just transport the PS2 games" ... turned out it wasn't the case.

That being said, I have really gotten into the Atelier games recently so I'm not so miffed. I don't know what it is, but I love them.

Some games I love so much I'll buy a console just to play them. Bought a Wii for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Skyward Sword, wasn't disappointed. That and Okami really came into its own again on the Wii ...Also got Xenolade Chronicles, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower so I'm not complaining, but all of those game were late in the Wii's lifespan so the Wii really didn't count as having '5+ games that interested me' category apply.

So I do make the occasional exception, but I can't turn down a Zelda game. Though I usually wait, at least, until the console is reduced as much as feasibly possible within a reasonale time span.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
No, that's why I've yet to purchase a Wii U for Bayonetta 2; but now there are more games that grab my interest I'll have one by October.

small

Aug 5, 2014
i want to play last of us and zombiu but yeah im not wasting that much on a console just for a single game

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
karloss01 said:
No, that's why I've yet to purchase a Wii U for Bayonetta 2; but now there are more games that grab my interest I'll have one by October.
I've been considering that too :D. If maybe one more game I'm slightly interested in comes out on it I may grab it.

Chaelura

May 13, 2013
Heh. I just bought a PS4 solely because I desperately wanted to play P.T. Which isn't even a full game :p But I'm a rabid SH fan.

Thankfully my fiance also wanted Destiny, so there we go. I'm assuming Silent Hills (the new one coming... sometime) will not be on PC, so there's that too.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
There would be more than one game, but if there was a singular game...yes. As I've said before when you purchase a console to play X game you are very likely not just buying it for that one game, as game x will get sequels.

themyrmidon

Sep 28, 2009
I actually did recently. XBone Madden bundle. The only reason I don't regret it is that it's actually the best Blu-ray and Netflix machine I've ever used, the games are a nice bonus.

Stats ^1

Aug 28, 2014
Depends how badly you want to play the said game. Though, if you buy a ps3, there will be about 8-10 console exclusives which you'd enjoy.

I bought a Wii U early so I could play Wonderful 101 and didn't regret it. I also bought a 2ds purely for pokemon. But because there were games like fire emblem on 2ds as well, the purchase was still worth it.

Okamiyasha

Jun 21, 2012
I've been tossing up getting a Playstation 4 when I own a high-powered gaming PC.

But I'm interested in more than one game. Basically:

Destiny
inFamous Second Son
Killzone Shadow Fall
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4 (when it arrives)
Bloodborne (also when it arrives)

Sooo tempted. I bought a Playstation 3 for Demon's Souls back in the day and never regretted getting to play all the exclusives.

Any thoughts either way? I'm kind of torn on it and my PC friends tell me not to give in to the lower quality, ha ha.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Okamiyasha said:
I've been tossing up getting a Playstation 4 when I own a high-powered gaming PC.

But I'm interested in more than one game. Basically:

Destiny
inFamous Second Son
Killzone Shadow Fall
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4 (when it arrives)
Bloodborne (also when it arrives)

Sooo tempted. I bought a Playstation 3 for Demon's Souls back in the day and never regretted getting to play all the exclusives.

Any thoughts either way? I'm kind of torn on it and my PC friends tell me not to give in to the lower quality, ha ha.
If you're going to be playing the multiplats on PC...than where exactly does this giving in to "lower quality" come from?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
In all honesty, I bought the PS 3 just to play inFamous. I was fairly confident, since it was the early phase of the PS 3, that many more games I would enjoy would be coming down the line later, but yeah, I wanted to play inFamous so bad, I bought the console just to play it. I bought a used one, so it wasn't that big of a hit on my pocketbook, but I bought it anyway.

Jesterscup

Sep 9, 2014
Res Plus said:
I am master race through and through but the Last of Us sorely tempted me to grab a PS3. Awesome game, so jealous. Recently I have also been looking sneakily at a Wii U... I would pretend it's more a couple of games but really it would be for Mario Kart.
Is that what we call the PC people now?
I'm a PC man... but I really really want Disney infinity2.0 marvel.. but that requires a console+TV+starter set.... thats a lotta cash

Jesterscup

Sep 9, 2014
Res Plus said:
Jesterscup said:
Res Plus said:
I am master race through and through but the Last of Us sorely tempted me to grab a PS3. Awesome game, so jealous. Recently I have also been looking sneakily at a Wii U... I would pretend it's more a couple of games but really it would be for Mario Kart.
Is that what we call the PC people now?
I'm a PC man... but I really really want Disney infinity2.0 marvel.. but that requires a console+TV+starter set.... thats a lotta cash
It was a joke. I nearly put in brackets "this is a joke, I don't think I am any sort of master race" after but then I thought "everyone will know it's a joke and just ignore it".

I was wrong! :)
nah run with it ^.^

I'm special
mwhahahahahahahaahahah!

kneel before me and the power of my sli water-cooled rig!