Would you clone yourself?

burn e

Mar 20, 2010
Why would I?
Sure I get the appeal of having someone to go to work for you.
But if there's 2 (or more) of me, then who needs me?
I could just aswell be the clone and no one would care.

So no, I prefere to be uniqe.

Also I think the clones would get rid of me, I know I would :p

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
Snake Plissken said:
I'd clone myself, like, a bajillion times and start riots in the streets. I would bring anarchy and destruction to the masses and leave a trail of blood and debris in my wake.
That reminds me of a simpsons episode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1a6NNRq8nI

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
I would. just to see how people really see me.Also, I'm hoping we'd get along and a second person to talk with on homework would be useful

akibawall95

Mar 30, 2010
Only after I die so another me can live on. But not for organs or anything like in Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin (which I did not like as much as the others) that because that would be horrible.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
yes absolutely yes. So long as it has no free will and obeys my every command like a robot :p

Early retirement here i come! XD

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
Two of me would be nothing short of a bad thing. Although the cloning parts thing sounds good to me, i worry i might need another liver or kidney or something one day.

I would use a second me to get my assignments done in time though. I'd want some sort of "me" that i could switch on and off though. Perhaps a robot human with my thoughts processed into it.

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
probably not... why would i need another one of me to carry on after i die? IM already dead. It would just be for other people.

Also, it would age at the same rate as me, so for it to be 18 i will be 36. Also clones apparently dont generally last that long.

You people are forgetting: its one thing to clone an identical copy of yourself, its another thing entirely to implant your own conciousness (your memories and your general knowlegde of SELF). YOU would be dead. Your clone would be walking around, not you.

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
That movie... *groans*

I would clone myself in exactly the way that would have made sense in the movie with no moral ambiguity, simply clone the organs themselves without the entire rest of the human being. I never understood why they went the extra mile on that... Yeah yeah, I know *waves hands dismissively* They had to have the stresses of actual life for blah blah blah, sure fine, whatever, still sounds like plot device contrivance to me.

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
In a humorous way, I would clone me to FIGHT me. No holds barred. Just to see how I am progressing. Perhaps make him learn a form of Kung Fu, and I continue my Karate-Do training.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Definitely, no matter what reason. I really can't see a downside. And cloned life is lesser than the original, but still has rights.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
I... probably would actually.

It WOULD be kind of practical. If one's really tired, the other one could go to school, and vice versa. We'd probably fight a lot over the computer though, and mom's always home, hard to hide another me.

... If I could get a "clone" of this computer then yes, it would be awesome. We could play minecraft together and be twice as effective when it came to art. One's tired of making a drawing, the other can continue.

Mmmmmm.

Oh, and I think my boyfriend would be happy with two of me.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Would I clone my entire body? No, because it wouldn't be me. To everyone else, it would be, but I'd still be worm buffet when I died. I'd gladly clone my organs or body parts in order to replace a damaged one.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
You can't really say my clone would be a direct duplicate of me since via DNA it would mean the body would be unaffected by conditions that ailed the original such as scars, behavior, personality and interests. For all intents the only thing this double has that I do is genetic makeup, so it would be quite interesting and scary at the same time.

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
Let's see....
Second being not necessarily good natured or even non-violent that shares the exact genetic code you do down to the squiggles on your finger and exact retina pattern? Gee, no thanks, I like to stay away from evil twin issues, or worse yet, "which one is the clone?" scenes.