Would you like the next Elder Scrolls game to focus on Elsewyr or Black Marsh?

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
In all honesty, why not both? Why not have a game that takes place a little while after Skyrim, where you have to travel throughout Elsewyr, Black Marsh, Valenwood, and the southern part of Cyrodiil to lead a resistance against the Thalmor menace and lead the lands to freedom? Or, alternatively, join the Thalmor and take part in the systematic destruction of all life! Considering how much the Thalmor were hyped up in Skyrim, it would be a shame if the next game didn't capitalize on how much everyone hates them: the whole thing could be about rousing the people, ambushing Thalmor patrols and bases, and eventually leading an all-out rebellion to force them out of each province, backed up the Empire.

If I had to choose one, however, I guess I would pick Elsewyr. It seems like a more varied environment, what with the deserts, jungles, and grasslands. Plus, I love the Khajiit - they're just so odd.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
I want to see Summerset Isle/The Aldmeri Dominion. They could even include Elsweyr and Valenwood, since both have been conquered. Maybe they could go all out and even add in Black Marsh. What I really want to see is Hammerfell, since they did the same thing Skyrim tries apparently, and split from the empire to continue the fight against the Altmer. Seeing the kingdom would be cool, and the arabian aesthetic would be nice.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Black Marsh, I much prefer Argonians to Khajiit and would love to know more about them, their homeland, their culture. Though I would honestly be happy either way because I would also love to see and learn about the different breeds of Khajiit, what they look like if their place in society differs based on breed, getting a concrete answer as to how that works all that sort of thing.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I guess out of the two I'll have to pick the kitties. I'd prefer both really since it would probably give a nice contrast in environments which Oblivion lacked and Skyrim began to fix. In a perfect world it would include them all and be one massive game, showing new regions as well as the old ones that by now could have advanced a bit (or sort of exploded).

Stormwaltz

Jul 8, 2003
I'll be the jerk who Takes A Third Option; Valenwood.

Read "A Dance in Fire," that place is insane.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
How about both? For maximum efficieny in trolling people like Pugiron.

But if pressed, I'd say Elsweyr, since the enviroment is more varied. And the Arabian aesthetics likely to be there would troll even more tosspots. Since Morrowind, they've never really done any desert enviroments. I love forests, certainly, but some wide horizons wouldn't be amiss, either. Imagine sipping down a Moon Sugar-laced drink on a lovely beach in the Topal Bay...

But I would prefer both. It'd not be too hard to join them up, perhaps the Elsweyrian puppet government and the Black Marsh empire simply annexed the Niben Bay along with Leyawiin while they could, and split it between them? If moddeling that to be consistent with Oblivion is too difficult, there could be a boat in two corresponding harbour towns you could take.

Or a tunnel, I believe the Argonians like tunnels, and knowing my Elder Scrolls, there will be more underground ruins than dirt under Niben Bay. They could just link all of those up.

(And if it all gets a bit too alien with too few men and elves about, they could always flood the game with them either way, like refugees from the Empire)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Isn't the Khajiit homeland supposed to be mostly open desert? While the Argonian homeland is - as it's name implies - mostly a giant-ass swamp? I guess I could see more variety in landscape possible in Black Marsh, but if Elsewyr really is a vast desert as I think it is (or I might be thinking of the Redguard homeland), I don't really see much possibility for it.

Beyond that, I'd say "Sure, why the hell not?" To either possibility. :p

Vale

May 1, 2013
We've yet to see, Elsweyr, Black Marsh and Stupid Fucking Elf Island Fuck 'em.
Elsweyr is nice and tropical but I already played Far Cry 2 and 3.
Black Marsh is weird and creepy and fucked up (okay, so is the Bosmer's penchant for cannibalism and turning into unholy beasts of murder when the Wild Hunt /the one not related to Hircine, this universe has two of them apparently someone forgot that they already used the name in the lore/ is called) and I can't recall the last time I saw swamps in freeform vidyagames.
edit: I recalled. It was in STALKER. And Skyrim had a very tiny sorta mini marsh around Morthal.

Vale

May 1, 2013
Mimsofthedawg said:
Vale said:
We've yet to see, Elsweyr, Black Marsh and Stupid Fucking Elf Island Fuck 'em.
Elsweyr is nice and tropical but I already played Far Cry 2 and 3.
Black Marsh is weird and creepy and fucked up (okay, so is the Bosmer's penchant for cannibalism and turning into unholy beasts of murder when the Wild Hunt /the one not related to Hircine, this universe has two of them apparently someone forgot that they already used the name in the lore/ is called) and I can't recall the last time I saw swamps in freeform vidyagames.
edit: I recalled. It was in STALKER. And Skyrim had a very tiny sorta mini marsh around Morthal.
Only a small portion of Elsewyr is tropical - most of it is desert and plains, similar to sub-Saharan Africa.
I shoulda removed "tropical" from my post. I did mention both Far Cry games which literally cover everything Elsweyr has to offer sans magic. And kitty people.
BUT THE SWAMPS MAN
THE SWAMPS
THEY TRAVEL THROUGH FUCKING BLOOD VESSELS BURIED BENEATH THE EARTH THERE
WHAT EVEN

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010

I'm a huge Argonian fan so I'd love to see Black Marsh (Argonia).
It may go against the lore, however, for the non-Argonian players to be there. According the lore, only the port cities were ever controlled by the Empire and most exploration missions into the heart of Argonia failed. So, great game for the people who play Argonians, short game for everyone else.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Valenwood is just as weird and alien as Morrowind.
I get the feeling they'll do Hammerfell next, and have the plot revolve around Dwarves.
It would be interesting to have a game take place in Black Marsh and Elseweyr at the same time.
Black Marsh is apparently a major political player in the fourth era, and I'd like to see them build on those tensions with the Thalmor.
Captcha: One Perfect Fit

Hugh Wright

Apr 2, 2010
I could see the appeal of both, Elseweyr for the variety of landscapes and the plains and deserts are going to be kinder on my aging PC, but the Black Marsh has a richer backstory to play with. If I had to choose I'd go with Elseweyr. There is potential with siding with or against the Thalmor, Argonian attacks/invasion. Looking into why the Moons dissapeared.
HOWEVER, my money is on Hammerfell due to the Redguard DLC, that was trade marked and failed to appear http://gamerant.com/redguard-skyrim-dlc/ my guess is it could be being made into a whole game rather than DLC.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Next game will probably be in the Summerset Isles and I don't know why I'm the first person to have said this.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
TheSapphireKnight said:
Elsewyr and Valenwood would be a good set to pair together.
Had the same thought, yeah. Would make for a great varied environment. Argonians are cool, but Black Marsh seems a bit monotonous to me.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
how's about something different, like, OTHER than god damn pseudo medieval times
it could be, idk, victorian cyberpunk? vintage dieselpunk? modern cyberpunk? I know the essence of the series is to be pseudo-medieval like fallout is post-apocalyptic
but still =P

that's just me though

as for the thread, Black Marsh because argonians fuck yeah

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Actually both are fine to me, I don't know allow about elsewyr, it being rather far away. But black marsh well I heard quite a bit about it. Its intrugue, its werecrocodiles, its assasins, the shadowscales.

It would definitely be interresting. Elsewyre, well if they can work out how to deal with the different tribes there and how things are done there it would be awesome to.

So in short Both would be awesome!