Would you relive your childhood?

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
Yes. I'm a man with a lot, a lot of regrets.

If was given the opportunity to do it all over again, do it right. I would take it.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I counted 12 "yes" and 4 "maybe". Four of 40-ish answers. I'm not complaining, it means there would be more fame, fortune and success for us who decided to go back! Hey, fellow time-travellers, what do you say we organise a meeting once we become rich and famous kids? How about 1999 - lots of good movies came out then, so we can have a "best movies marathon".

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Man, all those movies I'd already seen, games I already mastered; do you know how BORED I would be with my mind being six?
I'd have to wait over 20 more years for anything NEW to come into existence.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Too many philosophical questions involved if I'd be the same person if I changed my childhood. I'll pass; The past is the past, I don't feel regret in general, so I don't feel a need to tempt fate.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Perhaps but only if I retained my memories and knew what I had already done.

I'd change a few things, do a few things differently, ditch a few people, punch a few others and generally not be so trusting.

kingdelete

Mar 17, 2009
has anyone thought that by the fact of doing this you wont be just changing you life, but everyone who you met in one way or other, cause lets be honest you'll never be able to repeat the things youve done in your past beacause of your knowldge you'd end up doing it differently which means you wont be the same person/ know the same people

So no i wouldn't wanna risk changing who i am now

Mar 9, 2010
Oh God no. My life is pretty great, it always has been, but I've already lived it so I have no reason to do it again. Being a child kinda sucks too, everyone treats you like shit compared to adults and you can barely do anything at all.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
If I had the current knowledge I have now. Hells yes. I was an 'adult' before the 90's was over. I would invest heavily in some companies and stop 9/11 somehow...

On a personal level I wish I could stop one of my brothers from dying, it's been 13 years but I still miss him all the time. Though I suppose I wasn't a child when that happened.

Overall I'm going to say no, I think my life has turned out pretty great and I wouldn't want to risk screwing it up.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Nooooooooooo. Life as an adult is awesome. Life as a child is full of never-ending homework and inedible vegetables.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
No - I have goals now and I don't want to delay them happening by 15+ years, even if they might be more likely to eventually happen.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
God no, I was a reclusive shut in with no friends until I was about 12.

If I could relive any time of my life it'd be from 20 to about now.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
If I did that then I would relive my own personal hell, and with the knowledge I would try to change things which would in turn bring me to somewhere else than where I am today. And I don't want that.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
There were two TV shows about this.
Aired at about the same time.
Lots of people wish they could go back.

But they both got cancelled rather quick.
So, it was never very popular.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Entire childhood? No.

While school was mostly relaxing and care-free, I was and still am afflicted by many illnesses that make me sick and depressed (childhood was when I discovered the joys of being sick for 2 weeks every two months or so, allergy, asthma and nose bleeds), and I spent most of my childhood sick.

Now, if I were to just cherry-pick the moments I wasn't sick, then sure. Rediscovering games like Neverwinter Nights, Diablo 2, Pokemon would be sweet. And many, many others.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
I would. My childhood was good. I would right some small things I wish I could change. Enjoy some good old games when people still played them. Spend some more time with people I can't now. Also I get an extra 14yrs onto my lifespan.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Iron Criterion said:
Not childhood but my mid-teens.
You'd have to go through your childhood anyway to get there. Would you wait?
I was under the assumption that if I could go back to my childhood I would also be able to go back to any point in time I wished. See if I HAD to go back to my childhood first then I don't think I would - it wasn't a bad time in my life (what I can still remember of it I remember fondly) but I just wouldn't like the restriction.

I love the freedom my adult life brings so I don't think I could sacrifice that (even for say fifteen years) to correct a few mistakes; maybe that means the bad moments in my life are trivial.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Brutal Peanut said:
No, because my life and (nearly) everyone in it is awesome right now, and I've worked to get here. My childhood and early teen years were (without a doubt) the most negative time in my life. If I was able to go back and 'redo' it, there wouldn't be any guarantee that I could get back to this point, or even that the outcome will be better. To know that there is a possibility that I could never be with my spouse, my dogs, or the people I know that brighten my life ever again; ugh, it's depressing.

However, I think the circumstances of my decision would be different if my current life were different. If I were single without any real emotional attachments - I'd most likely say yes.
Sir/ma'am, you've summed up exactly how I feel.

My childhood may have been painful, but it made me who I am today, and I wouldn't change that, even if I may have thought about it at times.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
I would take a few moments and look up the lottery numbers and winners of major sporting events then sure as fuck I would.
Even though my childhood sucked, since I know exactly what happens and since I am mentally no longer a child I could change so much for the better.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Depends, do have my current memories and if i do change things will the outcome drastically change reality.

While i do have a fucked up childhood i do wish i could change things. However I'm... content? with my life right now. More or less.

But if i had a chance to change things for the better might as well try am i right?