Would you support a cure for homosexuality and transexualism?

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Abomination said:
xmbts said:
Equality takes understanding, not simplification.
But there's the rub. In order for everyone to understand something it needs to be made simple. Not everone can understand what trans actually is... not every trans person understands what trans actually is. It's a very complicated sitatuion for an individual to be in.

If it's complicated for trans people imagine how difficult it is for your average Jo who has never (knowingly) met a trans person before.

Education is tantamount to understanding and you can't give everyone a full university course in what trans is. You have to simplify it.
It's a shame but it is quite an impasse. I don't think we shouldn't try. Either way it's been an interesting discussion but this seems to be the end of it unless you've more to add. :eek:

Can't just restate old points forever. xD

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
xmbts said:
Abomination said:
xmbts said:
But there's the rub. In order for everyone to understand something it needs to be made simple. Not everone can understand what trans actually is... not every trans person understands what trans actually is. It's a very complicated sitatuion for an individual to be in.

If it's complicated for trans people imagine how difficult it is for your average Jo who has never (knowingly) met a trans person before.

Education is tantamount to understanding and you can't give everyone a full university course in what trans is. You have to simplify it.
It's a shame but it is quite an impasse. I don't think we shouldn't try. Either way it's been an interesting discussion but this seems to be the end of it unless you've more to add. :eek:

Clearly you underestimate my bull-headedness.

Now excuse me while I demand this brick wall admit it's red.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Abomination said:
xmbts said:
Abomination said:
xmbts said:

Clearly you underestimate my bull-headedness.

Now excuse me while I demand this brick wall admit it's red.
Haha, yeah I find you can't really convince anyone anything just expose them to new viewpoints, and hope it doesn't blow up into a flamewar. Glad it didn't.

See you around~ :D