Wow... just... wow.

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
robert632 said:
Isn't it against there constitution to involve religion in government(the law is part of the government, right?).
State laws like to think they are the highest authority. Federal law could override this law and federal is where separation of church and state really come in to play.

OT: This is really stupid, I knew with the use of these ID chips that religious nuts would freak, but make a law? Thats just retarded.

JWW

Jan 6, 2010
This is where religion goes from being a moral guide to bullshit religious supersticion, where it has no right to be.

Sometimes, I am sad to live in America.

[small] 200 posts ftw [/small]

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
And Satan is fooled once again. I'm beginning to feel sorry for the poor guy. He's got no friends these days.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
I think it's a great stride towards the preservation of privacy and personal liberty.

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
Oddly enough, I think this was lightly touched on in the first Assassins Creed.

The theory is that the microchipping is something conceived by the Illuminati, who supposedly seek world domination by manipulating the worlds events from "behind the curtain". Their ultimate goal is to bring about a New World Order (rumored to be brought to fruition in 2012 hence the 'apocalypse' hyperbole), which would essentially strip people of their rights and beleifs, forcing them to conform to one universal way of thinking and acting. Including Christians. The link to the microchipping process and the religious fanatics has something to do with a relevant date or coincidental number involving 666 (the mark of the beast). This could be a factory production serial number or a date or something I'm not too clear on it, but I do know there is some kind of superstitious link.

Personally I think microchipping is a terrible idea that will severely worsten everyones views on the government and will probably kill off everyones right to privacy.

Microchipping notorious peadophiles and murderers is a good idea though.

It has its uses but they must be used properly, minimally, and on the right people.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Well, laughable as the reasoning is, I see no problem with the law if both the liberals and conservatives are happy, and the combination of the reasoning behind the law and the law itself seems to do just that.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
LordNue said:
America...are you trying to be as ridiculous as Australia?
at least where not banning A cups.

OT: i mean, there reasoning is a little off, but its a choice isent it? i would chose not to because thats just creepy to have someone besides you knowing where you are every second of your life.

spadeattack

Feb 11, 2010
I applaud this law passing, but I think its for the wrong reasons. Privacy concerns, and making sure chip implantation never happens should be the main reason. You can just get more support by talking about religion.

Sepiida

Jan 25, 2010
Hang on a second, let me break this down.

1) RFID chips may be the work of the antichrist.
2) The antchrist brings about the end times
3) The end times finish with Jesus returning and ushering in a golden age

Therefore, shouldn't religious fundamentalists be endorsing this technology? Shouldn't they be happy about it?

On a more serious note I am all for people having control of there own bodies and see nothing wrong with these chips in theory but it seems this law is aimed at stopping corporations from forcing their employees to get them. If that is the case I completely agree with the passing of this law, despite the rather moronic justification for it.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
LordNue said:
Brad Shepard said:
LordNue said:

OT: i mean, there reasoning is a little off, but its a choice isent it? i would chose not to because thats just creepy to have someone besides you knowing where you are every second of your life.
Yeah : ) At least they're giving people the choice between soft fleshy weakness or the first step of robotic power. I'm surprised they didn't outright ban it like they usually do with anything they think MIGHT involve the devil.
If they start MAKING people get these things or not eat, im moving to the forest... with internet near it...

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
See, this is a great example over how way too many people see the word 'religion' and lose all ability to use a rational thought process. Unless, of course, you think mandatory tracking chips are a good idea.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
LordNue said:
Brad Shepard said:
LordNue said:
Brad Shepard said:
LordNue said:

Yeah : ) At least they're giving people the choice between soft fleshy weakness or the first step of robotic power. I'm surprised they didn't outright ban it like they usually do with anything they think MIGHT involve the devil.
If they start MAKING people get these things or not eat, im moving to the forest... with internet near it...
I'll be sure our mechanical overlords know of your plan. We'll make sure the terminators make it painless.
Bring it on, if im going down, im going down with a fight!

Senrab

Mar 22, 2008
robert632 said:
Isn't it against there constitution to involve religion in government(the law is part of the government, right?).
Actually, no. The idea of Separation of Church and State is just that, an idea. It was never actually made into a law, but rather exists as a sort of guideline.