Wow... just... wow.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Compatriot Block said:
See, this is a great example over how way too many people see the word 'religion' and lose all ability to use a rational thought process. Unless, of course, you think mandatory tracking chips are a good idea.
Thank you for being one of the few to actually read the article. This is like a smaller version of those tracking ankle braclets only this is for people hired by a company which then knows everywhere they go in a day. What people do with their free time is not the companies concern.

Ataxia

Feb 4, 2010
Coltelement said:
I personally think microchip-inserts aren't that bad of an idea. It would speed up the hospital process, and also help very much for people that are unable to respond.

I also think religion is a poor excuse in this situation.
It's a good idea if say only the police or hospital peoples have access to it because then it does alot of good. But if everyone has access to it *shudders* then murders or stalking people might become all the easier :(. The positives far outweigh the negatives though.

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
Gah! Damnit. I hate it when people use religion when they want a reason to NOT to do something. Its the equivalent to "because I said so".

That being said, it is good at least that there may be some actual concerns about the chips other than "because the bible says its the mark of the BEAST!!@#@!#@!#"

This is a huge problem in the world. No one wants robots because everyone's afraid they will get smart and take over. Really? Well, I don't want you to be around outside because I'm afraid your idiocy is actually a disease and it could be catching.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
"Concerns over privacy have aligned with apocalyptic Biblical prophecy in a proposed Virginia law that limits the use of microchip implants on humans because of a lawmaker's concern that the chips will prove to be the Antichrist's "mark of the beast."

HAA HAHA

Really? Well when the south gets invaded by our genetic super soliders form the west there going to be sorrry.

OT: I don't like the idea of tracking chips, this was a good idea for freedom purposes but the way they exuctied was simply "dumb". Also tracking chips feel a little to 1984'e to me.

Ataxia

Feb 4, 2010
ReincarnatedFTP said:
robert632 said:
Isn't it against there constitution to involve religion in government(the law is part of the government, right?).
It's in the Bill of Rights. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof".

Not that the far right Christards who make up the Republicans care. Apparently we are a Christian country only, and all our heritage is Christian despite many of the Founding Father's deism and other beliefs. And if you think we shouldn't allow public schools and entities to endorse Christian prayer specifically, then you're a dirty fucking commie. Under God was always in the Constitution, ignore the fact that the phrase was added in. And we still have DADT for the military. And marriage is supposedly a religious institution only despite the fact that it's a government contract with benefits. And blue laws are okay. And evolution is fictional so we should all teach creationism in biology class. And.....
Well you get the idea.
Alot of Christians believe in a mix (I do) and both are theories evolution and creationism and unless you can prove either...Anyway I don't think the government should really get involved in religion though.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
ReincarnatedFTP said:
robert632 said:
Isn't it against there constitution to involve religion in government(the law is part of the government, right?).
It's in the Bill of Rights. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof".

Not that the far right Christards who make up the Republicans care. Apparently we are a Christian country only, and all our heritage is Christian despite many of the Founding Father's deism and other beliefs. And if you think we shouldn't allow public schools and entities to endorse Christian prayer specifically, then you're a dirty fucking commie. Under God was always in the Constitution, ignore the fact that the phrase was added in. And we still have DADT for the military. And marriage is supposedly a religious institution only despite the fact that it's a government contract with benefits. And blue laws are okay. And evolution is fictional so we should all teach creationism in biology class. And.....
Well you get the idea.
This is basically a summary of my problem with this issue. Is Separation of Church and State that hard a concept to grasp? I'm sure it isn't, the problem is that some people are willing to ignore certain basic concepts this country was founded on if they don't like the sound of it or it doesn't suit their goals.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Looking at the title of this thread, I thought, "Huh, I sure do hope this thread isn't ANOTHER rant on religion. I'm getting pretty bored of those."

God, you think people would be used to this kind of stuff by now, but I guess people are easily impressed. Oh Escapist... You never disappoint...

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
LordNue said:
Brad Shepard said:
LordNue said:
Brad Shepard said:
LordNue said:
Brad Shepard said:
LordNue said:
America...are you trying to be as ridiculous as Australia?
at least where not banning A cups.

OT: i mean, there reasoning is a little off, but its a choice isent it? i would chose not to because thats just creepy to have someone besides you knowing where you are every second of your life.
Yeah : ) At least they're giving people the choice between soft fleshy weakness or the first step of robotic power. I'm surprised they didn't outright ban it like they usually do with anything they think MIGHT involve the devil.
If they start MAKING people get these things or not eat, im moving to the forest... with internet near it...
I'll be sure our mechanical overlords know of your plan. We'll make sure the terminators make it painless.
Bring it on, if im going down, im going down with a fight!
Mechanical squirrel assassin droids will make sure you won't even know what hit you.
like i said, bring it on!

Normalgamer

Dec 21, 2009
Benjeezy said:
OH DAMN we just barely dodged a bullet there. We Neo'd that shit.

I read the Left Behind series, so when I read this I pissed myself.
The matrix just got pwnd by Virginia bro.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
robert632 said:
It's not specifically a law about religion, it's just motivated by religious beliefs.

Well the law winds up as a good thing, even if it is motivated by cuckoo reasons. That's the south for you, it did something right completely on accident.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
robert632 said:
Quite the opposite really, you'll notice they still make you swear to god when in court.

Scikosomatic

Sep 15, 2009
mklnjbh said:
http://rawstory.com/2010/02/virginia-passes-law-banning-chip-implants-mark-beast/

This is why I wake up in the morning glad I don't live in the Southern United States. I am not a fan of microchips in humans, nanomachines in our brains and computers the size of a pin-point, but this just blows me away.

Thoughts?
Virginia is NOT REALLY THAT SOUTHERN see http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/usa-state-and-capital-map.html . I live in Texas...that's southern. Other than that though, I gotta agree with you.

JakBandit2208

Jun 11, 2009
I dont see the problem of them having the chips I just wouldn't want one to begin with...It's a little creepy to think what they could to with that technology.

Truehare

Nov 2, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
Compatriot Block said:
See, this is a great example over how way too many people see the word 'religion' and lose all ability to use a rational thought process. Unless, of course, you think mandatory tracking chips are a good idea.
Thank you for being one of the few to actually read the article. This is like a smaller version of those tracking ankle braclets only this is for people hired by a company which then knows everywhere they go in a day. What people do with their free time is not the companies concern.
Guys, this is not a two-sided matter. It's not a case of "either you agree with the law AND the reasoning behind it, or you disagree with both!". Most of the people here seem to have read the article well enough to say something along the lines of "It's a good law, but the reasoning is ridiculous"...

To which I wholeheartedly agree.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
mklnjbh said:
http://rawstory.com/2010/02/virginia-passes-law-banning-chip-implants-mark-beast/

This is why I wake up in the morning glad I don't live in the Southern United States. I am not a fan of microchips in humans, nanomachines in our brains and computers the size of a pin-point, but this just blows me away.

Thoughts?
I don't give a shit why they are banning them, as long as they are.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Okay, let's pretend for a second that the microchips ARE the "Mark of the Beast" mentioned in the Book of Revelations. Do you honestly think some silly law is going to postpone the apocalypse? Like you can just give Satan a ticket and he'll go back to Hell and sulk about how he isn't going to be able to afford that new TV now that he has to pay-off that fine?

Wafflestomper99

May 14, 2009
Couldn't they just come up with a more realistic argument for banning chip implants? I can't see "the Antichrist's tools" being a very strong political argument

ParadoxBG

Dec 24, 2009
Virginia's going through this?

And what with Georgia still reeling over that Russian invasion...

Ah, the southern states are in such an alarming...state...