X-Men Director Hates "Leaked" Movie Photo

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Why does Xavier look homeless and douchebaggy? I mean, he looks like one of those people that tries to look like a skater punk.

And why does Magneto's helmet look like its too big for him?

Though... I love hte comment. Talk about freak out.

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Man, people sure are quick to judge how these new superhero movies will be. An image here a casting call there and everybodies about to write it off. At least wait for a trailer.

Batman hasn't even started filming and people are already freaking out.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
What was so bad about X-Men 3 again?

I thought it was perfectly fine...

Not as good as 1 or 2. But still good.

What do I know, though?

I actually liked X-Men: Evolution, too.
I think people just went way overboard with the hate; when I finally saw it, it wasn't that bad! It was pretty enjoyable in my eyes.

Miles better than that god awful Wolverine: Origins film anyway...

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
...I don't think these "official" images are any better than the Photoshopped one, if you asked me. And didn't Xavier lose his hair as he developed his powers?

ScorpSt

Mar 18, 2010
For.I.Am.Mad said:
Man, people sure are quick to judge how these new superhero movies will be. An image here a casting call there and everybodies about to write it off. At least wait for a trailer.

Batman hasn't even started filming and people are already freaking out.
I think people are upset about the direction this movie is going. People don't want prequels. It was bad enough when George Lucas did it. Reboots are a little better because at least you don't already know where everyone's going to wind up.

Sonicron said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
What was so bad about X-Men 3 again?

I thought it was perfectly fine...

Not as good as 1 or 2. But still good.

What do I know, though?

I actually liked X-Men: Evolution, too.
And here I thought I was the only human being alive who didn't hate X-Men 3.

And I loved X-Men: Evolution. High five, Onyx!

OT: ... Still not looking too good there.
Same here, I liked X-Men 3 and X-Men: Evolution.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Nurb said:
OH COME ON!

Another damn origin story movie? I'm getting so tired of this; They take a whole movie to introduce characters, another to establish them, and when they FINALLY get to a point where the characters can focus on a problem through the whole movie instead of a fraction of the movie at the end, the do a "reboot"!

This is driving me nuts, and I'm not even a comic book reader! Same with spider man, we saw where he came from and instead of fixing the problems with 3 and focusing on one villain in the 4th, we have to see "Spiderman: Twilight saga" where he's an angsty teenager in high school AGAIN. Now with X-Men. Ugh, it's a shameless attempt to get in on all that sparkley vampire money by using actors pulled from the Abercombe & Fitch catalogue for a prequel.
I agree with this. X Men is one of my favourite titles, and the first two films were really damn good, regardless of how little they followed the story. The third wasn't awful either. I know Hollywood is all about trying to print off as much money as quickly s possible, but when they barely conceal the fact, it leaves a bad damn traste in my mouth. I won't be seeing this.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Seriously, why does this film even exist? We've done X-men already and I really loved the trilogy. Come on, do you really think you can make a better X-men film WITHOUT Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen?

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
I... am calling SHENANIGANS. Someone, anyone, just release Wolverine on the pictures! For the love of all that is holy...

More seriously: These pictures are just... no. Xaiver shouldn't look that way. Shoe-horn in a mutant that can resurrect Stewart or something, too. If this is even remotely like the finished product, I will not watch this movie. Never, ever, forever.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
The new pictures don't really fill me with joy. They look rather... off, to say the least.

And I rather enjoyed the first X-Men trilogy, Last Stand as well. I still don't really understand what the criticisms of it are supposed to be, other than the continued complaint of "They killed _____ off!"

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
The Stonker said:
ShadowsofHope said:
..Ew.

EW.

EWWW.

Those costumes look really fucking disgusting. And, only Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan can pull off the Magneto/X duo. At least, in my opinion.
Didn't Patrick kinda get blown up in X-men 3? Or is this movie about the past?

But anywho I would love to see Ricky Gervais as a X-men mutant.
Think of the hillarities!
But back to the topic, yes the costumes are disgusting, the makeup looks like it was splurted on and they look like mole people.
It's a prequel. It's going back to the "roots" of X-men basically, in a really undesired fashion. Just like Spider-Cullen and his "reboot" coming up within the next year or so.

Needless to say, I won't be seeing this. As well, I hated X-Men Origins: Wolverine. X and X-2 were my favorites, overall.

Notthatbright

Apr 13, 2010
I thought the helmet was made after the falling out of Magneto and Professor Xavier. In the first movie, which I thought would be somewhat cannon, Xavier meets Magneto and acts surprised at the helmet. And before hand, he doesn't know how he's blocking his thoughts.

Now if the helmet exists before hand, and Magneto only recently upgraded it with mental blocking powers (tin foil lining), then I could understand that.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Got nothing against James Mcavoy but why in the name of science did somebody cast him as Xavier?!?

Fassbender seems like a reasonable choice but Mcavoy just looks totally out of place here. Star Trek's Zachary Quintos would have been a considerably better choice for Xavior in my opinion...

Oh and those official photos really don't make up for anything, I'd be embarrassed if I were Magneto. The future for this film seems very bleak to me...

And out of interest why is there lots of hate for Wolverine: Origins? Sure it wasn't pertinent but I've seen far worse films...

Sneeze

Dec 4, 2010
I can't help but feel we're gonna get a scene in this movie with Young Xavier curving bullets...

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Wow, those official photos are godawful.

I'm hoping this film will at least be better than X-Men 3, I'll be okay if it is.

But wow... Those are the official photos that are meant to get me excited?

Thomas Benson

Apr 8, 2010
Raven said:
Fassbender seems like a reasonable choice but Mcavoy just looks totally out of place here. Star Trek's Zachary Quintos would have been a considerably better choice for Xavior in my opinion...
Zachary Quinto's eyebrows. Charles Xavier's eyebrows. Think about it, the pieces fall into place. Good call sir.

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
If the final customs are going to be anything like this utter shit, then there's no hope left.

JohnGD117

Sep 15, 2010
So. X-Men 3 was fail-tastic. We all know the best way to kill someone you love quickly and painlessly is a deep stab to the gut when the heart or spinal cord would've been WAY too painful and slow... (sarcasm)

Leave the lore issue out of it and it still failed based on basic plausibility.

Props, however, to the last scene with magneto jiggling the chess piece in the park. That was well shot, had emotional depth, and perhaps one of the better endings to a movie I had ever seen.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Yeah he should have stuck with the unofficial pics. The official ones are by far worse. What did magneto go blind or does he just dress in the dark? I am severely underwhelmed now.

Ayjona

Jul 14, 2008
It would be so nice if someone finally made a classic superhero movie without the costumes.