X-Men: First Class Wows With Surprisingly Tense Trailer

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
won't be as good as the other films but will be worth checking out just to see what mutants make an appearance.

when will they do one based on Apocalypse and Mr Sinister?

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
W.... er.......... Whoa..... I.... uh....... WOW.

I'm actually interested in this movie now. I thought it was going to be horrible, especially after the debacle that was Origins. This looks pretty damn good, though.
When first heard about this, I thought "Meh", but like you I'm now almost looking foward to it. With this, Captain America, Green Lantern and Thor coming out over the summer, it looks like my local cinema will be eating up a load of my money.

Also, *thumbs up* on the new Mystique.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Bretty said:
I am always a little 'meh' when it come to comic movies. But that was some good editing and music.
Yeah the sad thing is, the music used in trailers is usually composed specifically for the trailer alone and very rarely features in the movie itself. The editing of the trailer won't reflect the final product and I doubt we'll even see half these scenes used in the movie either...

In short, lets not base anything on this trailer.

I'm of the opinion that the trilogy was just fine and that frankly this movie doesn't need to exist. Not because I'm a fan-boy or anything, I just want something new in cinemas, not endless reboots and prequels. I doubt I'll be seeing this.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
" ...there's more to it than just four-color fistfights and dramatic poses. Set during the Cuban Missile Crisis at the height of the Cold War, the growing tensions between the USA and USSR mirror... "

See, that won't help as people still complained or thought of Black Op's story as awful.

I don't think so personally, to each their own. But having Cold War settings don't really matter.

If the setting were in WWII, similarly, there would still be complications

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
Dude, it looks awesome. Simply cannot wait! The last stand kind of ruined the franchise for me, but hopefully this time it will bring something new (or old?) to the table.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Yeah, I don't like this trailer but the continuity is not the problem. I'm a huge comic nerd, but I don't expect movies to stick with the same stories, characters, etc.

What I don't get is whether this is supposed to be a superhero movie or not. I mean, there's certainly a lot of walking down halls and sitting on couches, but the action is all sort of implied. I'm all for replacing all the angst and posing that normally goes into these movies with an actual subtext, but the action here is just too understated for my tastes.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
i had no idea the film was finished! i gotta say, i didn't even realise it was being made till about 2 months ago. saying that however, the trailer doesn't look half bad, i will be checking this out.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Jeez, I'm not even that much of a comic nerd and I was even disappointed that it's not about the actual First Class.

That being said, I'm sure this will be much better. Now we don't have to worry about mish-mashing in the First Class story around Origins: Wolverine. And the Cold War setting will be a nice shift from "the near future".

Though I can see now that it'll probably take about half the movie before I stop thinking of Charles as Wesley from WANTED.

hansari

May 31, 2009
I pray this doesn't end up being a disappoint like the other X-Men movies...

Also was that Mystique at 1:03 in the trailer? I thought Mystique and Magneto had a huge age difference...

silent-treatment

Oct 15, 2009
It looks about half decent. And wow does it have its eyes set on being like Watchmen, all the way down to the music in the trailer.

emion

Feb 3, 2011
love the concept of x-man. natural born superpowers without any other family member in the same state, AWESOME :3
but Im a sucker for good story so Im defiantly going to see this one :D

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
James McAvoy as Professor X? Sorry, but I don't see it. Gonna give it a shot anyway. I like the X-men even though I didn't get the chance to read the comics.

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
tomtom94 said:
Teenagers, young adults, you know the sort of image I mean. I just can't take the characters seriously looking like that.
You'd rather see them depicted as in their thirties or forties?
It seems to me that the movie is about two friends maturing and growing into their respective ideologies. I think their age is fitting.

Edit: Messed up the quote-box.