X-Men: First Class Wows With Surprisingly Tense Trailer

Saintcole

Mar 24, 2010
I kinda of wish they would the X-men franchise alone or at lest for a while, the movies aren't getting any better

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Did I see Nightcrawler?

...Seriously, did I see Nightcrawler? I like Nightcrawler...

Possible Nightcrawler aside, looks like a movie worth the entry fee. Can't say whether it'll be good or not, but it's got me interested.

Ultima Shadow

Apr 8, 2009
This is why I hate watching movie trailers. What with my rather strange interest in the Cold War, I'm irrationally excited for this movie. ;/

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
Tankichi said:
josh797 said:
Tankichi said:
I got shivers down my spine.
no kidding. this looks great, as the magneto/xavier dichotemy is fascinating.
I always liked their friendship. Bother brought together with a common goal but one had a warped perspective to it while the other saw it in a pure way.
thats easily argued. erik had a point of view that saw humans as racist and destructive, while charles was always giving them the benefit of the doubt, sometimes too much so imo. as moviebob said it "magneto was right"

Harry Buddha Palm

Oct 22, 2008
Saintcole said:
I kinda of wish they would the X-men franchise alone or at lest for a while, the movies aren't getting any better
Fox has to keep cranking them out or they will lose the rights back to Marvel.

Beardly

Jan 19, 2010
Before he was Professor X he was Captain Picard
Before he was Magneto he was Gandalf

Together they are....
WYLD STALLYNS

I forgot where I was going with this. Oh right. The first part of my post would be a much better movie.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
standokan said:
So.. Magneto won't be played by Gandalf....Damn
Nope, he is played my Logan from Fable 3. He also is Lt. Archie Hicox from Inglourius Basterds.

This is awesome.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
loremazd said:
tomtom94 said:
Sorry but to me this still looks like a generic prequel/reboot with teenagers.

The original films really benefited from the ensemble cast; they weren't perfect films but Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart made them watchable. Well, except the third one.

But this? This looks like a shallow attempt to cash in on what little popularity the franchise has left. And I am willing to bet you it tries to attach itself to the "teen" market, in the worst sense of the idea.

Meanwhile, it's a prequel and the last X-Men prequel was...yeah.

(I also did not enjoy Kick-Ass, and I see many of the director's hallmarks here)
I'm not sure if the movie can be about teenagers when most of the cast looked to be playing 20 somethings.
Yeah, exactly. I mean the cast has Kevin Bacon as part of the team. And Emma Frost is clearly older than she was in Wolverine... wait what?

So no this is not going to be a teen movie at all.

hansari said:
I pray this doesn't end up being a disappoint like the other X-Men movies...

Also was that Mystique at 1:03 in the trailer? I thought Mystique and Magneto had a huge age difference...
If I am not mistaken she is actually very old.
But I point back to my previous statment about Emma Frost...

PS: Gief more Hellfire Club!

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
tomtom94 said:
Sorry but to me this still looks like a generic prequel/reboot with teenagers.

The original films really benefited from the ensemble cast; they weren't perfect films but Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart made them watchable. Well, except the third one.

But this? This looks like a shallow attempt to cash in on what little popularity the franchise has left. And I am willing to bet you it tries to attach itself to the "teen" market, in the worst sense of the idea.

Meanwhile, it's a prequel and the last X-Men prequel was...yeah.

(I also did not enjoy Kick-Ass, and I see many of the director's hallmarks here)
i think professor z and magneto are adults in this movie. it is also year before the first movie so it makes sense for them to be younger.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
Tankichi said:
josh797 said:
Tankichi said:
josh797 said:
Tankichi said:
I got shivers down my spine.
no kidding. this looks great, as the magneto/xavier dichotemy is fascinating.
I always liked their friendship. Bother brought together with a common goal but one had a warped perspective to it while the other saw it in a pure way.
thats easily argued. erik had a point of view that saw humans as racist and destructive, while charles was always giving them the benefit of the doubt, sometimes too much so imo. as moviebob said it "magneto was right"
I wouldn't say he was right.....but had the right idea lol. Even now many people see others who are different and treat them as such. Those are the ones that need to disappear.
but what about charles, he kept giving humanity the benefit of the doubt despite them proving time and again that they didnt deserve it. prosecuting mutants again and again. it seems like erik had the right idea. not sure he went about it right, but i tend to agree with his perspective

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
not sure exactly what they mean by not officially done or whatever but I guess that's why I couldn't be a fanboy lol

I will say that I actually liked Wolverine, and this trailer was pretty darn good (second time I watched it I got a bit more excited)

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I thought it was going to suck but it looks pretty good. I'll still be a skeptic for now until I actually see it.