Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Korten12 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Lattyware said:
canadamus_prime said:
Wait... they're doing a Halo TV show? Ooooookaaay.
Did you see Forward Unto Dawn? If not, check it out, really well done.

The Halo universe is almost as good as the Mass Effect one - most people don't realise that because the games are not designed to showcase it as much as in ME.
No I didn't seen Forward Unto Dawn. However I'm still not sold on the concept because I don't even think Mass Effect lends itself well to a TV show format.
If you haven't seen FUD, or read the books then you really can't say your not sold on the concept if you haven't even looked at what could be...
Did you not read what I said? Lattyware said that the Halo Universe was almost as good as the Mass Effect Universe and I said that that didn't sell it to me because I don't even think that Mass Effect lends itself to a TV show format.
Well the whole, which is better is subjective. Imo Halo has a more indepth universe (outside the games that is), and doesn't have to deal with something (*cough*ending*cough*) that screws up everything and makes it hard to work around.

But that isn't the point. Since you haven't seen FuD, which shows a Halo show can work, and yet haven't seen it and then still said your not sold on it is just weird. It's not a matter of which universe is better, it's just that Halo has already shown it does work in live action. More so then Mass Effect since in Halo a lot of the Human side of things don't require much CGI outside the more spacey stuff.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Korten12 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Korten12 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Lattyware said:
canadamus_prime said:

The Halo universe is almost as good as the Mass Effect one - most people don't realise that because the games are not designed to showcase it as much as in ME.
No I didn't seen Forward Unto Dawn. However I'm still not sold on the concept because I don't even think Mass Effect lends itself well to a TV show format.
If you haven't seen FUD, or read the books then you really can't say your not sold on the concept if you haven't even looked at what could be...
Did you not read what I said? Lattyware said that the Halo Universe was almost as good as the Mass Effect Universe and I said that that didn't sell it to me because I don't even think that Mass Effect lends itself to a TV show format.
Well the whole, which is better is subjective. Imo Halo has a more indepth universe (outside the games that is), and doesn't have to deal with something (*cough*ending*cough*) that screws up everything and makes it hard to work around.

But that isn't the point. Since you haven't seen FuD, which shows a Halo show can work, and yet haven't seen it and then still said your not sold on it is just weird. It's not a matter of which universe is better, it's just that Halo has already shown it does work in live action. More so then Mass Effect since in Halo a lot of the Human side of things don't require much CGI outside the more spacey stuff.
Regardless, quality of Universe aside, I still don't think either lends itself to a TV format. However the FuD could prove me wrong.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I won't say that a show set in the Halo universe can't be really good, you can make anything good if you know what you're doing. But I do think in order for it to be even half decent it would need to be extremely far removed from the Halo games, in which case what's the point?

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Ok, it's been a while since I played Halo so I need this answered: What is with the blue clouds of dust coming off the aliens? Did that always happen?

M

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Actually, I hope the TV series is like this comic depicts. I don't watch TV, but my dad does, and his taste is atrocious(this conversation never happened). So if the series is just about shooting lots of aliens and spaceships, he'll love it. He always gets disappointed when he sees all these cool, actiony, cinematic commercials on TV and I tell him that they're games.

Though, I actually do expect the series to be at least decent :/

Lattyware

Jun 15, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
Lattyware said:
canadamus_prime said:

Do check out Forward Unto Dawn - it proves that it could work well (because it did). It was an enjoyable mini-series to watch. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
Daaaah Whoosh said:
You know, an entire show devoted to Master Chief shooting a bunch of aliens would't be all that bad, as long as he did some cool parcour jumps. And maybe set up elaborate Rube Goldbergs. And played Jenga. Man, I miss Halo 3.
Aww man, the Jenga gamemode in Halo 3 was awesome. Cheers for givin' be a nice lil wack 'round the head of nostalgia.

fieryshadowcard

May 18, 2011
Hectix777 said:
Is this thread really just nothing but snarky comments about a Halo TV series? C'mon, try to have an actual discussion atleast.

OT: I'm going to give it a chance, the thing is produced by Steven Spielberg (the same guy who produced Freakazoid, Pinky &the Brain, and The Animainiacs). Spielberg doesn't do stuff unless he finds something good about it. I think it might be fun to watch, I'm going to give it a chance.
Spielberg hasn't been in top form this last decade. And his recent live-action series reputation isn't all that great. Wait, lemme rephrase that. His recent sci-fi big-budget live-action series reputation isn't all that great.

Terra Nova was godawful. Having his name as one of the selling points for a Halo TV series raises more red flags than green (I'm in the neutral/indifferent camp regarding all things Halo, for what it's worth). Personally, I'd much rather if Spielberg's going to produce anything, it's MORE of Freakazoid, Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, etc.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
fieryshadowcard said:
Hectix777 said:
Is this thread really just nothing but snarky comments about a Halo TV series? C'mon, try to have an actual discussion atleast.

OT: I'm going to give it a chance, the thing is produced by Steven Spielberg (the same guy who produced Freakazoid, Pinky &the Brain, and The Animainiacs). Spielberg doesn't do stuff unless he finds something good about it. I think it might be fun to watch, I'm going to give it a chance.
Spielberg hasn't been in top form this last decade. And his recent live-action series reputation isn't all that great. Wait, lemme rephrase that. His recent sci-fi big-budget live-action series reputation isn't all that great.

Terra Nova was godawful. Having his name as one of the selling points for a Halo TV series raises more red flags than green (I'm in the neutral/indifferent camp regarding all things Halo, for what it's worth). Personally, I'd much rather if Spielberg's going to produce anything, it's MORE of Freakazoid, Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, etc.
Fair point, but as we've seen in Forward Unto Dawn, Halo as some form of cinematic or television series does have potential. Besides Speilberg is just producing it, he's not going to be in the director's seat or on the writing staff, he's just the Executive Producer, and I don't even know what they really do (but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with making money or giving money). I'll give it a chance until I see the rest of this project's roster and than judge it.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
I like how the last one TOTALLY says "DOOM".. hahahaha Halo had to trilogy,Evolve,Reach, to get to "DOOM"? hahahahahaha!~ I'll take my Tribes:Ascend, and UT2K4, thankyouverymuch!~