Xbox Live Gets First Officially Recognized Dog Member

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Evil Jak said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Wow...Microsoft gave back to its community? Has hell frozen over yet? This is really cool =D
What? Thats unfair. Microsoft gave me brand new console AND a months free Xbox live subscription... they are cool.
Or they could just make XBL free...kinda like PSN ;) but thats not what this is about =P

ThePeiceOfEden said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Wow...Microsoft gave back to its community? Has hell frozen over yet? This is really cool =D
My house is cold so yes!

So what is his gamertag?
Your house is cold too? Ah crap.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
Great article now if my rabit had purchased microsoft points I'd be getting a free controler too =D

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
That. Is. Awesome.

As people have said up there ^ it makes a nice change that Microsoft are getting good press/showing their human side instead of the usual evil overlord stuff.

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
Hmm... yeah my dog just accidentally bought 1,000,000 microsoft points on my account can I get a full refund too please.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Hehe, a smart move to create great press for MS out of a fun story. I'd wager it's true, seems bizarre enough that noone in their right mind would make it up (and even less expect to profit from it). The other 100 hundred "controller meets pet" stories soon to follow is another matter entirely...

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Wow, Microsoft is lavishing a dog with free subscriptions and a controller and meanwhile I'm still barred from downloading the L4D2 demo because my account is technically a child account, despite the fact that I pay the same full price for my Xbox Live Gold subscription as people with full access to Xbox Live's services.

I love you Microsoft.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
The Redmond-based software giant will be refunding the points, setting Oscar up with his own Xbox Live subscription and gamertag (with some extra points thrown in so the dog can buy 'Splosion Man, of course) and sending Greg a brand-new, not-chewed-on controller.

Man's Best Friend, indeed.

I'm somewhat mystified - how will the dog play it? Are paws that good at using a control pad? And will he own people on Halo 3?

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
Evil Jak said:
Mr.Pandah said:
What? Thats unfair. Microsoft gave me brand new console AND a months free Xbox live subscription... they are cool.
That's only because they're obligated to, or else they'll be sued.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
Actually it's not exactly giving back... this is really in favour of Microsoft. They not only come off as looking like the good guys but also get free publicity while there at it, it makes them look more friendly and setting up the dog with a account would make Microsoft look like they had a sense of humour which again is good for there image. They paid what $62... what's that to a company like Microsoft?. From that they get all that's mentioned above.

And as for the story... my Gold fish did some thing similar... can I have a refund... the fish managed to buy a full years XBLG subscription along with £120 worth of points... all by flapping.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Quadtrix said:
Evil Jak said:
Mr.Pandah said:
That's only because they're obligated to, or else they'll be sued.
No, they are obligated to fix the console... they dont have to give you free XBOX live...