Xbox Live Gets First Officially Recognized Dog Member

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Paragon Fury said:
This is why you disable Auto Sign-in folks.
but look at the upside the man got a free controller, $62.50 worth of free DLG, and his dog can be known as the first (that we know of) canine to have a XBL subscription.

Admittedly this is really good PR for Microsoft to show people they aren't just a giant faceless corporate monster.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Holy crap, first EA Rick Rolling Yahtzee, now this? Its like every massive evil cooporation is developing a sense of humour!

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
My roommates almost 2 year old bought him pinnacle station for mass effect while playing with the controller

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Quadtrix said:
Evil Jak said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Wow...Microsoft gave back to its community? Has hell frozen over yet? This is really cool =D
What? Thats unfair. Microsoft gave me brand new console AND a months free Xbox live subscription... they are cool.
That's only because they're obligated to, or else they'll be sued.
How so? Its not microsoft's fault the dog was allowed to chew on the controller.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Simalacrum said:
Holy crap, first EA Rick Rolling Yahtzee, now this? Its like every massive evil cooporation is developing a sense of humour!
Well, Activison are still just plain evil - you can still hate them.

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
That's pretty cool. I'd add the dawg, but I don't know its gamertag.

I'd kill my dogs if they managed to buy anything though.

iain62a

Oct 9, 2008
What are you doing on the xbox, dog?.

You're not supposed to be on the xbox, you're a dog.

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
First EA started to take on our beloved trademark troll and redeem it's name as a good company. Then Microsoft is acting cool and being friendly with there community. Suddenly I believe in the Mayan apocalypse theory.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
I'm surprised he managed to spend 5000 microsoft points that quickly. Aren't those things supposed to last?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Doug said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
The Redmond-based software giant will be refunding the points, setting Oscar up with his own Xbox Live subscription and gamertag (with some extra points thrown in so the dog can buy 'Splosion Man, of course) and sending Greg a brand-new, not-chewed-on controller.

Man's Best Friend, indeed.

I'm somewhat mystified - how will the dog play it? Are paws that good at using a control pad? And will he own people on Halo 3?
Natal, my friend. Natal.

lobie3

Mar 11, 2009
Evil Jak said:
Quadtrix said:
Evil Jak said:
Mr.Pandah said:
Wow...Microsoft gave back to its community? Has hell frozen over yet? This is really cool =D
What? Thats unfair. Microsoft gave me brand new console AND a months free Xbox live subscription... they are cool.
No, they are obligated to fix the console... they dont have to give you free XBOX live...
I'm pretty sure I'd be upset if Microsoft didn't give me that month of live that I lost when my xbox was being fixed for a month after it red ringed.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Paladin426 said:
I wonder what Oscar's gamertag will be. Maybe he will be my friend.
Oscar the K9

I have already tried adding him as a friend. Still no response :(

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Simalacrum said:
I know! It's a great time to be a gamer!

It makes me feel warm inside that the companys I'm supporting aren't entirely heartless.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
lobie3 said:
Evil Jak said:
Quadtrix said:
Evil Jak said:
Mr.Pandah said:
No, they are obligated to fix the console... they dont have to give you free XBOX live...
I'm pretty sure I'd be upset if Microsoft didn't give me that month of live that I lost when my xbox was being fixed for a month after it red ringed.
So would I... if it actually took a month... it didnt, it took less than a week.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Doug said:
Quadtrix said:
Evil Jak said:
Mr.Pandah said:
How so? Its not microsoft's fault the dog was allowed to chew on the controller.
Ummm, I don't think they're talking about the chewed controller anymore, Doug.

Wait, they refunded the guys money even though he'd already spent it all on downloadable games? That seems... charitable to say the least. They might as well have just said "well you spent it, so it's not as though you're unhappy that the points were purchased", and let him hang. But over $60 worth of free games?

I need a dog.