Xbox One reveal live discussion

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
So Xbox One's main feature is a sillier Alt+Tab function? Huh.

Also CoD, stop trying to be emotional. From the trailer it looked like it was trying to pull all of the "DEM FEELS" cliches there possible could; a dog, a close band of fighters and a bleak storyline. CoD shouldn't try to be emotional, it should try to be fucking awesome instead.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
I had the lowest of expectations and I'm still disappointed. I don't think it's a gaming console anymore.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
McMarbles said:
That has to be the UGLIEST box I have ever seen. No charm. None. Just a big black brick.
I know right? They must have beat that thing hard with the ugly stick.

Overall. I'm super disappointed with the whole thing. I knew they'd be sparse on games (saving them for ammo at e3) and look to entertainment focus. I have like ten devices I can watch tv on already, don't need another.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
barbzilla said:
Honestly I say hold out for the next year or two, unless you need an upgrade to play what is out now. The new wave of console games will likely not see ports for a while, and the "One" isn't likely to be out until the holiday season at the earliest.
I don't really have any gaming performance right now, and this system is too old to upgrade further (I really should have held out for the 2.0 x16 lanes). Only thing that might make think a short wait is worthwhile is if AMD gets up off their asses and announces a next gen chipset (Intel has had one out for forever already) so I'm not relying on dubious hacks by ASUS in order to avoid repeating my mistake.

KillaBC

Feb 18, 2013
PC gaming it is then, it only took 45 minuet's to convince me, well done Microsoft. I had a 360 and Original Xbox but the direction that has been taken with TV and social media has just swayed from a a consoles original goal. Be an effective gaming machine, they couldn't even get that right.

Also: http://i.imgur.com/4mRX63U.png

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
Very little to appeal to gamers sad to say but no less than I expected, footage of the new cod, forza and ea sports titles, but other than that it was pretty much showing off voice commands yet again, more tv style video content, and of course the tried and true microsoft buys exclusivity rights to popular content in order to disadvantage their competitors instead of doing something worthwhile themselves strategy.

Its been a long while since I laughed so hard as I did when the woman who introduced the halo series said that csi and survivor were " innovative"

Thoughtful_Salt

Mar 29, 2012
That was disappointing to say the least. No info on price? No indie games? used game info? exclusives beyond EA?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Oh, here's my new one.

You know why they called it Xbox One?

Because you'll look at it once then walk away.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
McMarbles said:
That has to be the UGLIEST box I have ever seen. No charm. None. Just a big black brick.
For a cable/satellite box, it is pretty good looking.

The gaming portion of the Xbox One press stuff is coming at E3.

Chindar

Tech Vet
Jan 22, 2010
Is it me or does Xboxone (pronounced with a hard second "o") sound like a merger of a Toyota Scion and a DuPont oxidizing agent?

On the other hand, Xboxone sounds like a noble gas: inert, used to make shiny lights and with increased weight can be lethal with excessive exposure.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
That was really disappointing I didn't even know they had finished till they stopped because they still didn't address half the things I even cared about. They announced that they were putting out EA sports titles and a new call of duty and well I already knew that. I mean I would have been more surprised if they weren't putting those out. They pop those things out ever year without fail.

They didn't address costs, developer initiatives, online only?, whether you need xbl anymore or to pay for it, backwards compatibility, new games coming out. In fact they could have posted a pic of the system with a few system stats online and it would have covered what few important things they did show

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Was nice to see during this presentation that they managed to fit gaming somewhere in there.
So Nintendo, Sony, I?m coming home.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Sports
ESPN
TV
Sports
Forgettable game rendered in live action called Quantum something
Sports
Sports
TV
Halo TV series
Call of Duty Ghost which we already knew about.

and

Sports...

All in all, the system should be a Dudebros wet dream. 0.o

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Carrots_macduff said:
Very little to appeal to gamers sad to say but no less than I expected, footage of the new cod, forza and ea sports titles, but other than that it was pretty much showing off voice commands yet again, more tv style video content, and of course the tried and true microsoft buys exclusivity rights to popular content in order to disadvantage their competitors instead of doing something worthwhile themselves strategy.

Its been a long while since I laughed so hard as I did when the woman who introduced the halo series said that csi and survivor were " innovative"
Well at the time Survivor was innovative and it was the series that really popularized reality tv. Even CSI's popularity spawned a TONNNNN of crime dramas trying to win some of the success themselves.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
New games console is social media/Freeview both with games. Call me old fasioned, but I have plenty of devices that do social media, including one I have with me at all times, even when playing games! I want my consoles, which I have abstained from for an entire generation thus far, TO PLAY GAMES!

Ahhh. I was looking forward to some of the games I can only assume were guna be console exclusive but fuck these media boxes Im staying as part of the PC Master race.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
aba1 said:
That was really disappointing I didn't even know they had finished till they stopped because they still didn't address half the things I even cared about. They announced that they were putting out EA sports titles and a new call of duty and well I already knew that. I mean I would have been more surprised if they weren't putting those out. They pop those things out ever year without fail.

They didn't address costs, developer initiatives, online only?, whether you need xbl anymore or to pay for it, backwards compatibility, new games coming out. In fact they could have posted a pic of the system with a few system stats online and it would have covered what few important things they did show
They did address that will not be online only.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Talshere said:
New games console is social media/Freeview both with games. Call me old fasioned, but I have plenty of devices that do social media, including one I have with me at all times, even when playing games! I want my consoles, which I have abstained from for an entire generation thus far, TO PLAY GAMES!

Ahhh. I was looking forward to some of the games I can only assume were guna be console exclusive but fuck these media boxes Im staying as part of the PC Master race.
You must of missed the part where they said the E3 press conference will be showing off the Gaming portion of the console.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Baldr said:
aba1 said:

They did address that will not be online only.
Sorta you mean how pre-show they said that you can "play games offline". If that is what you are talking about yes they are sorta addressing it but at the same time that leaves a great deal up in the air. For example it could be the system won't start without a connection or that you won't be allowed to sign in or any number of things but if you say unplug mid game you can keep playing still despite a huge number of issues outside that. So ya it kinda addresses the issue but not really.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
Baldr said:
Talshere said:

You must of missed the part where they said the E3 press conference will be showing off the Gaming portion of the console.
Yeah, even if they announced a game made of sunlight and candies this box does so much I dont want I ask myself exactly how much of the eventual colossal price tag Im actually guna want to fork out when I dont use 90% of the features they have clearly spent so much money on.

They didnt even tell us what GPU this thing has. This was literally a presentation about a console thats not a console so why did they even bother?

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/

So a mandatory fee for used games (not just online-pass bullshit)? Can't wait for more people to hear this. Now I can definitely see why EA wanted to partner up with Microsoft.