Yahtzee Chats Comics and Mumorpugers in Mogworld Interview

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
<quote=Yahtzee>I'm a big fan of "Hellblazer." [...] press X to sacrifice all your mates, perhaps.

Yeah, I lol'd.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Are they gonna be selling it in the UK? :0 I want a copy!

Or can we buy it from the Escapist somehow? ',:/

[sub]Damn I wish I had money now.. I'ma start saving pennies..[/sub]

Woem

May 28, 2009
Enzeru92 said:
I'm truly looking forward to Yahtzee's comic :)
I believe this is an actual book, not a comic. It got me confused at first too though.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
"I'd like to make it mandatory for current-gen games to hire a writer. Like, a real one, not just a programmer who joined a poetry circle last week. You'd think with the team sizes and massive amounts of money getting thrown around on big game projects these days, they could bring in at least one person who knows what decent dialogue sounds like." Even games that Yahtzee praised quite highly - like Batman: Arkham Asylum - are guilty of this, and it's something he'd like to change if he had the power.
I agree wholeheartedly with this.
It's one thing recognizing games a legitimate artistic medium, but when you get to the point where the dialogue in most games is so cringe-worthy that it prevents you from playing in front of people lest you get rightly laughed-at, something is very wrong.
Just because a portion of the target demographic is sort of philistine isn't an excuse for shoddy plot and dialogue.

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
It's refreshing to see someone with intelligence, talent & humor get published in a world of Dan Brown wannabes and Stephenie Meyer fan girls.
/thread. I don't know about what everyone else thinks, but, much like good music, I think good literature will prevail in years to come, although it may be a rarity.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Well Im goin to buy it and I may even get around to readin it (I have currently a 3foot stack of unread books beside me) I just have one question, do we get a free ZP t-shirt with it?

-M

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
One thing I don't understand though..

How does he find time for all of these things?

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Hmm, wasn't there an article on The Escapist a while ago about this theme? I still remember it, so it was definitely good.

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
I really want to read this, it sounds unique and appealing in a weird gamer way.

Unfortunately it will take probably a bizilion years before that reaches the libraries here in Romania, that is IF it ever reaches.

Video Gone

Feb 7, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
This could be a very interesting read, especially from the stand point of "OMG A GAME BOOK BY YAHTZEE!!!"

I'm curious certainly, but then again Yahtzee isn't master of all so it may just be a nice effort but no cigar, but we'll see. I do like some of his articals on his website which no one visits.
Maybe no-one visits it now because it's kind of 7 years too late. Also, how would you know no-one visits it? The Features, Reviews, Essays, and Comics sections are absolutely jam packed. The games are really good, and the archive, while sometimes pitched as a blog, is pretty indistinct from the Features and Essays bits in that it's wry, witty, observational humour.

That obviously leaned heavily towards fanboyhood on my part, I was just making the case of "How the hell would you know no-one visits it, and why the hell wouldn't they?"

Also, this leads me to wonder why, say, Articulate Jim was never published. It was a flying read. Fog Juice would have been brilliant if it was accompanied by some other short stories in a compilation. Also, someone please answer this question: At the end of Fog Juice,
why does Jim appear to actually be in a halluco-coma, as shown by the comment about the prisoner and the pain in his arm? Don't us the "He was happier in that world" argument, because if he really was in a coma, surely Bulstrode's argument would have been way better and more realistic in regards to Rose.

Also, why is every one of Yahtzee's novel protagonists called Jim?