Yahtzee is going to murder Saints Row: The Third.

Hypertion

May 10, 2011
so much of the good stuff is compeltly gone. yes its more wacky and over the top but too much that made SR2 a great game is gone, making SR3 just a "good" game.

many aspects of SR3 will appeal to him like no other game has but i feel that SR2 will seem the better overall in his eyes.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
So liking something but thinking something else is a bit better = murdering something?

Three somethings in 1 sentence!

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Hypertion said:
so much of the good stuff is compeltly gone. yes its more wacky and over the top but too much that made SR2 a great game is gone, making SR3 just a "good" game.

many aspects of SR3 will appeal to him like no other game has but i feel that SR2 will seem the better overall in his eyes.
Who cares about his opinion anyway :p
I believe he said somewhere that you should not look to other people for a 'yay' or 'nay' on buying games. Can't remember for the life of me what episode. He will take the piss out of it no matter what. He's a cynic :p

It's what he does.

Edit: As awkward as the post is formulated I mean it as in: "He doesn't want you to ask for a yay or nay. He is a cynic and even if he loves a game (arkham asylum, Saints Row 2) he will still punch holes into it. It's what he does. And damn does he do it right."
This has been edited because some people think I hate Yathzee for not following the cult of yay and nay of Yathzee. Sorry...

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
Theres something about someone saying something is like murdering something by doing something.
Something something something.

Now its lost all meaning in your head.

Yahtzee was ALWAYS going to tear SR3 a new one, its what he does.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
I watch Yatzee's reviews because they are funny and a evil pleasure not because he did competent reviews of games.

Its sort of like watching a monkey flinging poo. It might make you laugh, but you wouldn't do it yourself and you don't make decisions based on where the poo lands.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I hardly expcet glowing armiration...but Im having a blast so far

"so much of the good stuff is compeltly gone" could you care to explain that?

and anyway..in the end its just yahtzees opinion..some people take it too seriously

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Elcarsh said:
GreatTeacherCAW said:
If anyone actually listened to Yahtzee's opinions, no one would play anything except for Silent Hill 2 over and over again.
...or
...or Psychonauts.

...or Painkiller.

...or... actually I'll stop before we ruin his reputation for hating everything.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Elcarsh said:
GreatTeacherCAW said:
If anyone actually listened to Yahtzee's opinions, no one would play anything except for Silent Hill 2 over and over again.
...or the four Prince of Persia games.

...or Portal 1&2.

...or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

...or Silent Hill 3&4.

...or Batman: Arkham Asylum.

...or Super Mario Galaxy.

...or Resistance 3.

...or Driver: San Francisco.

Do you actually watch his reviews, or do you just complain anyway?
Ummm... I think you might want to reassess what you just said there. He only likes the original 3 Prince or Persia games. And he has said the best Silent hill is 2, and that the others are kinda shit.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
though I will say..I am slightly annoyed that I cant re-watch cutscenes..that was my favorite part..dressing up in different outfits and watch my favorites over and over..kind of like avatar narcissim (though I dont think the PC is technically an avatar)

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Hypertion said:
too much that made SR2 a great game is gone, making SR3 just a "good" game.
Specifically, what's gone that lessens the enjoyment?
I played and enjoyed the second game, and despite not yet playing the third, from what I've seen in videos, it looks like just as much, if not more fun.

And yeah, of course Yahtzee will nit pick the shit out of SR3, and as usual, I will gain a mild amount of amusement out of him doing so.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
Sixcess said:
Elcarsh said:
GreatTeacherCAW said:
...or
...or Psychonauts.

...or Painkiller.

...or... actually I'll stop before we ruin his reputation for hating everything.
Hating most things and grugingly admiting that he likes a few games from his youth.

No to be fair every now and then a game will blow him away and he'll say, well it isn't a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but here is were the f'ed up.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
jthwilliams said:
I watch Yatzee's reviews because they are funny and a evil pleasure not because he did competent reviews of games.

Its sort of like watching a monkey flinging poo. It might make you laugh, but you wouldn't do it yourself and you don't make decisions based on where the poo lands.
I'm pretty sure there are pseudo-religious groups and cults out there who base their destiny off the distance and splatter radius of poo thrown by a monkey. Just like there are gamers basing their opinions on games from single, satirical critiques...

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
GreatTeacherCAW said:
I dunno, if you actually listened to what he said rather than the jokes he also liked Crysis 2, Minecraft, Batman, Resistance 3, Deus Ex: HR, Bastion, Infamous 2, Driver SAn Fransisco bla blal blah etc.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Ruwrak said:
Hypertion said:

Who cares about his opinion anyway :p
I believe he said somewhere that you should not look to other people for a 'yay' or 'nay' on buying games. Can't remember for the life of me what episode. He will take the piss out of it no matter what. He's a cynic :p

It's what he does.
That would be the Super Smash Bros Brawl Mailbag showdown...

and the fact that I actually know that without looking it up before hand, shows me that I waste WAY too much time on the escapist o_O

OT: Really, why should he? I don't feel like he "murdered" Arkham City and his opinion was obvious: The game is too sandbox-y and sqly. and if you think that he'll criticise the game for its flawsin design choices,
WELL OF COURSE HE WILL. He's a freaking critic. That's his damn job.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
Keava said:
jthwilliams said:

I'm pretty sure there are pseudo-religious groups and cults out there who base their destiny off the distance and splatter radius of poo thrown by a monkey. Just like there are gamers basing their opinions on games from single, satirical critiques...
That is worthly of at least 4/5 internets. seriously you actually got an out loud laugh from me and that is pretty hard as I've become quite synical in my early middle age.

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
Elcarsh said:
GreatTeacherCAW said:
...or the four Prince of Persia games.

...or Portal 1&2.

...or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

...or Silent Hill 3&4.

...or Batman: Arkham Asylum.

...or Super Mario Galaxy.

...or Resistance 3.

...or Driver: San Francisco.

Do you actually watch his reviews, or do you just complain anyway?
You forgot a few
Shadow of the Colossus
Killer 7
Half Life
Infamous
Serious Sam
Painkiller
Red Dead Redemption
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Minecraft
Amnesia