Yahtzee Visits Valve, a Travelogue

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Fatmouse, you complain about heartland people being labeled as ignorant by ignorant people and then you do the exact same thing...

What other conclusion can be drawn than that you're both ignorant? : )

The red for Republicans and blue for Democrats is quite amusing. Traditionally the red is supposed to represent the left while the blue was the chosen opposite. It's as if the Republicans are so right-wing that they've come full circle, past the deepest blue and back into the red on the other side ^^

Nov 27, 2007
rebochan said:
Am I the only one that could just mentally imagine Yahtzee's voice speeding along while reading the text?
When it comes to psycholgy, well, I wouldnt even come close to call myself an expert. But, yes I think you probably are the only one (and since Im not an expert on the subject at hand, but still would like to make my opinion heard; you should probably go see a shrink and get some prescribed medication = P).

SaraPh

Sep 6, 2007
Actually I had Yhatzee's voice in my head too. It might just be how very aural oriented people read things.

Also, people from all places tend to be humans, more at eleven.

miawallace

Nov 22, 2007
Dectilon said:
The red for Republicans and blue for Democrats is quite amusing. Traditionally the red is supposed to represent the left while the blue was the chosen opposite. It's as if the Republicans are so right-wing that they've come full circle, past the deepest blue and back into the red on the other side ^^
I've always wondered what the deal was with the reverse colouring thing in American politics. Since the Democrats are roughly where most countries' right wing parties are on the left-right spectrum, this all makes perfect sense.

Ciarog

Nov 21, 2007
miawallace said:
Dectilon said:
I've always wondered what the deal was with the reverse colouring thing in American politics. Since the Democrats are roughly where most countries' right wing parties are on the left-right spectrum, this all makes perfect sense.
A rather humourous explanation, but entirely wrong.

America's case of colour dyslexia can be laid squarely at the feet of cable television (MSNBC in particular if I'm not mistaken) during the 2000 election. Between America's rather funny electoral proceduers and a dearth of missing white women we got to see the pretty colour coded maps over and over until they were firmly drilled into our skulls. Before then it was generally Democrats=Red/Republicans=Blue, and it remains so in the only place that matters; David Liep's US Election Atlas.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Well, it's probably better this way, so no one confuses the Democrats with a left-wing party.

Thanks for the information, that HAS been bugging me : )

Hypersapien

Nov 14, 2007
Damn it, Escapist! Stop changing the post times on us! First it was 11, then 12.

Better yet, give us the video as soon as Yahtzee sends it to you.

Nov 28, 2007
Excellent stab at Burger King's desire to discard popular nomenclature for describing the size of an object(s) in favor of some trendy horseshit. Know, however, that you are quite likely to wake up in your bed in the foggy midst of the night to find an unidentified individual, stiffly poised next to you wearing the giant plastic head of, "King Burger". His smile will say, "Hello friend," but - as the camera fades - you will be beaten to death with a pillow case containing a lethal combination of frozen patties and discarded Happy Meal toys.

Know that your bravery and wit will not soon be forgotten.

Skeetermeat

Nov 29, 2007
LOL! Yhatzee was less than a mile away from where I live at the University of Washington. That picture of him in front of the Seattle skyline was taken at Gasworks Park. I go jogging there sometimes. Small world huh?

Nov 30, 2007
wow to bad he didnt give halo3 a good review. Macrosoft would have probably giving him a golden house.

I love you British guy; who's review style just got ripped by some American kid!>

neojam

Sep 21, 2007
Valve gets +5 points in my book for inviting you over.
Its surely was a nice thing to do. (even if it has "marketing" written all over it, they're doing it the right way.)

vissith

Dec 4, 2007
Don't be fooled by your visit to western Washington.

It's the only sane place in the nation.

Never, ever go anywhere else. Not even eastern Washington. Especially not eastern Washington. I'm hiding here for the rest of my life.

Zorelei

Dec 12, 2007
It's fun when people talk about Valve and different places in Washington, since I live only 40 minutes away from Valve HQ.

redpixie

Jan 2, 2008
You only went to seattle? what a teensy cross-section. You should see miami (fuck orlando its full of narcissistic disney whores).

And yeah BK is retarded. We don't make the menu, we just order by it.

Love the hat and I don't think you really qualify as being callipygous (refernce other video review), although I think of that word as having connotations of being plentiful on top of well shaped. Not that we got a clear view either way. :)

Edit: due to incomplete thought train posting...

Amura11

Jan 27, 2008
I really want to go see the Valve headquarters now
I thought it was funny to finally see a picture of Yahtzee
he is no longer a voice with a hat to me anymore
Also i remember after i first shot a gun i too felt ready for a zombie apocalypse

die4769

Mar 17, 2008
JustDJR said:
The "medium is the new small" thing hit a couple years ago, im still not used to it myself.
Now you've had the American experience Yahtzee(Cries, play Wow, then eats a medium burger T_T)