Yahtzee vs. the JRPG

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Aside from Final Fantasy IX, I completely agree with Yahtzee's view of FF. I see we have the same tastes in RPGs too. Chrono Trigger! :D

I wonder if Yahtzee has ever played Terranigma... or Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, or Secret of Evermore... I adore them.

josephmatthew10

Jun 24, 2010
Abriael said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Take a look at all the opinions he puts forward in there, and tell me that they are not designed to influence the reader.
The difference is that he provides a lot of information before he giving his opinion. The information allows the reader to make his own opinion.
It's impossible not to provide ANY kind of opinion, but as long as opinion is lining for information, then it's not a blatant effort to shape a reader's opinion.

There's a world of difference with Yatzhees, that provides ONLY opinion (and biased opinion to boot), and really no factual information at all. This, of course, not to mention when he actually provides false of misleading information or blatant omissions in order to avoid spoiling "the lulz", and it happens quite often.
"Biased opinion" = "I am extremely butt =hurt over this man not liking a game I liked enough to sit through 15 more boring hours of it."