You Are Probably Using Google Chrome to Read This

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
behold

google rises

i like chrome, started using it on day one. I have found some quirky problems with it, but nothing serious. What I love is how snappy it pops on the screen and is ready for input. Firefox was kind of like that in what, 2003 or something? Now its so bloated and overweight I'd rather use IE than a clean install of firefox.

Also, did anyone see that IE commercial?

Fast. Artistic. Fluid. What??? I confess that new versions of IE are not nearly as bad as the older versions- but come ON!

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I'm pretty sure these stats are still wrong. When it was last reported that Chrome had beaten out Firefox, that was wrong too and as far as I'm aware Firefox is still slightly ahead. Ars Technia run a monthly article that explained this

What happens is that Chrome preloads the pages of the links on a page that you are in, in such a way that stat counters count it as 'loaded' so when you have statistics based purely on usage figures rather than ownership, Chromes score is inflated quite a bit.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Why yes, I am using chrome. I like the "Chrome to phone" android extension. Also, that many people use Opera and Safari?

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I tried using Chrome, but it really did love to crash, so I stopped.

I'm using Firefox, I like that I can even make the upper part of my browser use a Black Lagoon skin. It also has a lot of addons you can choose.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
I lament the fact that so very few people use Opera.

Opera is absolutely great and has a really good community, why aren't more people using it?

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
Used to have Firefox as my default browser,but once they updated to 4.0 and so forth it just went to shit,it was resource heavy to begin with and they made it worse,then comes the layout revamp,which means i had to get used to it again.
So I switched to Opera,does the job well enough as my browser.Chrome just doesn't appeal to me for some reason,probably because when I tried it,it wasn't faster than Firefox to load a page.
I'm content with Opera,so I'm not switching anytime soon.Also it is shocking to me that there isn't a flame war about browsers yet lol

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
The country breakdowns for Statcounter were interesting. In the UK, IE increased its percentage as Chrome loss percentage, and in the US, IE lost as Chrome gained (in both countries, IE was still top dog).

Apr 29, 2010
Z of the Na said:
I use Firefox. Not once have I had a problem with it. I tried Chrome for a bit, but as others have also claimed, it crashes a fair amount. Especially on this very website, particularly when I try to change my avatar.

Firefox works just fine for me, heh.
Huh, Firefox is the one that crashes for me. In other news, I feel somewhat embarrassed that my parents still use IE.

snakeb0t

Mar 7, 2012
Hahahaha. Not only is this old news, but it has been debunked. Watch TWiT once in a while, guys.

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Aurora (Firefox) all the way!

It's merely marketing, I'd say. Chrome "sells" due to the Google badge and the massive marketing for it as the fastest bestest whatnotest browser evaaaaah! ... Which is fairly easy to achieve with IE being a pile of shit, Opera not being used by too many people and Firefox being the dev-clutter-browser.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I use chrome ever since I got this laptop... I'm not really sure why I switched then, but I definitely prefer it. It's just cleaner and easier to use, I'm not really knowledgeable about the actual tech-side of things though.

stormshot

Standing behind you
Aug 29, 2010
superbatranger said:
Huh, Firefox is the one that crashes for me. In other news, I feel somewhat embarrassed that my parents still use IE.
I used to know that feeling but then I went in and deleted IE and replaced it with firefox they never knew

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Huh. I don't know anyone who uses Chrome. Maybe some day I will check it out. For now, it's Firefox.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Still using Firefox. I'd rather not use anything other than youtube from the google empire. Even that has its problems.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Firefox has always been reliable for me so I don't see any point in changing. Chrome is just way too simplistic looking.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Oh Man, Google is really taking over. I'm not helping by using Chrome and owning an Android powered phone mind you.