You Are Probably Using Google Chrome to Read This

Reginald

May 9, 2012
I use Opera. Fast and reliable, as far as I can tell. I actually don't know. It's never given me any trouble at all, though, unlike the other browsers I've used. Plus, I don't trust Google.

BushMonstar

Jan 25, 2012
I'm among the people who Chrome works perfectly fine for, never had an issue with it.
Also, Spongebob predicted the future. Everything IS Chrome now.

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
Nah, I use Firefox, as I find it faster, and it handles tabs way better imo. It also appears to still be ahead of chrome in terms of customization and addons, but with the popularity of Chrome and the millions of Google dollars, we may see Chrome eclipse Firefox soon enough.

Can anyone tell me if they fixed adblock plus so you can now block video ads with Chrome? Because that was the main reason that kept me from trying it out previously, I don't understand how anyone can deal with those pesky Youtube ads.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Seamonkey for me. I have Chrome installed, I tried it, didn't like it. Don't like the UI and I HATE the silent updating. The only thing I use it for now is Google Maps, because that's the only browser I can make Streetview work in without lag. (Gee, Google Maps likes Chrome best. Shock!)

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
These numbers show how good marketing affects the usage, as Opera is still the fastest browser, as far as I know, but the overall usage dropped to roughly 2% percent.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
00slash00 said:
ill switch to chrome once it get stumble upon, email notifications, and weather forecasts. until then, ill stick with firefox
Then I welcome you to the Chrome club. Chrome supports all of these via extensions (plugins).

The StumbleUpon one has been available for over 2 years now.

EDIT: Pretty much all of the popular Firefox plugins have been ported to Chrome. Anyone who uses the excuse that Chrome doesn't have the plugins they use probably hasn't checked in the last 3 years.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
SpAc3man said:
00slash00 said:
ill switch to chrome once it get stumble upon, email notifications, and weather forecasts. until then, ill stick with firefox
Then I welcome you to the Chrome club. Chrome supports all of these via extensions (plugins).

The StumbleUpon one has been available for over 2 years now.

EDIT: Pretty much all of the popular Firefox plugins have been ported to Chrome. Anyone who uses the excuse that Chrome doesn't have the plugins they use probably hasn't checked in the last 3 years.
oh wow, im really behind. thank you for opening my eyes

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
Honestly, the only reason why I still have Internet Explorer on my computer is because Microsoft forces you to use it for certain things. Other than those moments, though, the stupid thing collects dust while I happily open up a Google Chrome window to get the rest of my business done.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Still using FIrefox. It works perfectly fine, and I like it. Don't see why I would switch.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I use FF for the most part and on occasion use IE and have never even considered using Chrome since the others work perfectly fine for me.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
I've tried Chrome, but I don't get the hype.

It crashes frequently to the point of absurdity.
It has dumb glitches like not being able to ever turn off Google Instant.
It has next to zero customization for things that matter like toolbar placement (oh wait, you don't get any toolbar options!), tabs, and whatnot.
It has bare-bones options, as in options-options
It lacks an about:config for increased customization and optimization like firefox.
It reloads pages so that if you have several tabs open and go back to one it will have to load again, even though it already did it the first time.
It cannot handle having many tabs like firefox can, and typically crashes when you do.
It just doesn't feel secure as far as browsers go, especially since Google searches have become hit and miss (especially google images, where a random and completely innocent image can be a virus).
It always seems to crash when I try to use a session manager with more than a couple tabs because the damn thing tries to load every tab at once instead of one - finish - then the next - finish - ect., something firefox does.
And it doesn't even have a tab scroll if you have a lot of tabs; it just shrinks the individual tabs until you can't tell what they are.

Don't get me wrong, I use it alongside firefox and opera and I certainly prefer it over IE, but it just has so many damn flaws that I wish they'd work on. The lack of user control really makes Chrome irksome for me and has become the unusually common reason why I wind up cursing at my computer.

obstructor

Mar 15, 2011
The real question is why do the links in the article link to an almost identical article with links in it to another article that is almost identical. All written by Greg Tito.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
AstylahAthrys said:
Why yes I am. For a long time I jumped from browser to browser to see what I liked best and finally I settled on Chrome. I tried to switch back to Firefox for awhile, but I ended up coming back. Now I make my mom and my sister use it, too, because you don't let loved ones use Internet Explorer if you really do love them.
I tried to get my parents to convert. Closest i could get them is Firefox.

I have failed them!

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
[sub]Although I'm pretty sure a thread like this has appeared before but...[/sub]

Ha! No i'm not. It's Internet Explorer 9. I don't use chrome as I dislike its layout and the fact that Adobe Flash Player tries to shove it down my computers throat whenever I have to manually download and reinstall the plugin. Though I do use firefox on my laptop but thats due to it being the only browser it can handle without spazzing out too much.

MiriaJiyuu

Forum Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
Firefox has all my preferences, add-ons, passwords and stuff, plus I have multiple computers I use regularly so I have sync as well. Switching would be a pain for me.
...If I'm in a hurry to do something I use Chrome since it tends to be faster though.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
Still using Firefox 3.6 - I dislike the changes made in version 4, can't stand the new layout. And since my browser and all its extensions still work perfectly, I don't see a reason to change it.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
I need to switch from Explorer to something else, it keeps getting this stupid bug where it "disconnects" me from the internet but i'm able to access the internet in any other way other then through the browser, like playing an online game, accessing steam etc.

its really a pain in the arse.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I thought chrome was on top for longer than this. Oh well, it's good to see that genuine innovation wins against microsofts entire 'USE THIS. OR ELSE. REALLY, IT'S GOOD. WE PROMISE' philosophy.

God I hate Microsoft. I'd get linux back in a heartbeat if it could suddenly support most new game titles.

Panayjon

Aug 12, 2008
I actually want to use Chrome as my default browser but it gives me incomplete downloads for some reason. Not all the time, but often enough that it makes me wary until they fix the issue or I find out what the problem is on my end.