You are the last human on Earth. What now?

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
NoOne852 said:
It seems a lot of people don't understand that they can't simply say "Play video games the rest of my life." You would need to figure out how to supply constant power to your house, not to mention figure out how to counter the weather should it damage the connection.
Power up a diesel generator, like in a hospital. You'd get alot of exercise during your life carrying jerrycans to hospitals, but it's plausible.

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
veloper said:
Most of this is good, but I'd pick up rifles and ammo, instead of trying to learn archery.
For some reason that never occurred to me, I guess because guns aren't very common here.

Or maybe I've just been playing too much Shadow of The Colossus.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
After collecting a warehouse of supplies and setting up. I would probably go I Am Legend. As I slow plan for more and more things to stop working. Internet, water etc. Keeping my self busy so I don't go crazy. I would probably travel. I would need to learn like crazy.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
Lament how I never got to end the human race. But I think that's going to happen anyway.

Curttehmurt

Feb 11, 2010
I once saw this show about what would happen is all of humanity vanished and the one thing that stuck out to me was that all pets would die from being stuck in houses, so I'd go bust down doors and let all the animals go free and maybe try to care for them for a while, and ten go do other things until I manage to get my self killed

rosemystica

Jan 24, 2010
Mourn awhile. Work on my garden. Learn things to amuse myself. Write things down, so that whoever or whatever comes next may puzzle over it (as I doubt whatever comes next will understand English). Take pictures of architectural and artistic achievements, to document for the future. Read books. Travel and hike to places I've never been.

Kill time, basically.

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
veloper said:
NoOne852 said:
It seems a lot of people don't understand that they can't simply say "Play video games the rest of my life." You would need to figure out how to supply constant power to your house, not to mention figure out how to counter the weather should it damage the connection.
Power up a diesel generator, like in a hospital. You'd get alot of exercise during your life carrying jerrycans to hospitals, but it's plausible.
Well thats a good short term solution, but gasoline will go bad if you haven't run out by then. Overall you would want to either find someplace running with solar power/wind power/hydroelectric power. Thats the only way for long term solution with power and thats if you know how to maintain it.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
NoOne852 said:
veloper said:
NoOne852 said:
Well thats a good short term solution, but gasoline will go bad if you haven't run out by then. Overall you would want to either find someplace running with solar power/wind power/hydroelectric power. Thats the only way for long term solution with power and thats if you know how to maintain it.
Quantity cannot be an issue when you're the only consumer left, but the other part of your argument interests me.
How long does diesel stay good in a tank?

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
veloper said:
NoOne852 said:
veloper said:
NoOne852 said:
Quantity cannot be an issue when you're the only consumer left, but the other part of your argument interests me.
How long does diesel stay good in a tank?
Diesel will last about a year before going bad (that will change depending on the grade of the fuel). After that you will need fuel stabilizers. Some people suggest straining the fuel as well though at that point, any stabilizers won't do you much good IMO. Gasoline on the other hand will last about half as long though I've heard stories about some lasting a year and still being good to use, but those were a mixture of oil and gasoline, and that only applies to trackters and such (as far as I know). I stand by my earlier statement and stay when you the last person alive, self sufficent power like solar, wind, and hydroelectric, will be your best options.

strykr

Oct 5, 2011
themutantlizard said:
ID JUST PARTY!!!!!!!! and loot and drink and smoke weed and steal cars and street race. it would be even more fun if it was just me my family and friends and no one else on earth. what wouldent i do?

lol way to stick to the question!!

but yeah, sounds like some lonely fun to me...

remember though, it's not stealing if you're the last one left ;)

akibawall95

Mar 30, 2010
I would move to the biggest house I could find and make it a base camp of sorts. Then I would study computers, medicine, plants, and practice using guns. Then would gather medicine and some weapons. After I would begin to gather the best of everything; the best computers, guns, cars, games and such. See if I could train a dog to help me hunt. Then I would set out doing wherever I could not do befor, like go to military bases and of limit areas. Travel to places I have always wanted. And lastly I would write a book about my adventures.