You are the last human on Earth. What now?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I'd die as the wildlife would probably decide my legs, arms and face make a wonderful snack/chew toy/claw sharpening post.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
steal all the games I want steal all of the food i want then play games and eat till i eventually die of obesity.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
Run to the nearest pastry shop and try delicious cakes. This isn't a joke, it's literally the first thing I'd want to do. If nobody is going to be around to cook delicious things anymore I'd want to eat them before they went bad :3

Also probably go traveling around my city. With weed. I'd go house to house until I stumbled upon multiple weed stashes and get so blazed that I start hallucinating.

Sentient6

Nov 26, 2009
Looting! Then a 24 hour masturbation session in the living room. Then video games. Then slowly go insane until I just off the roof of my apartment building.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Aerosteam 1908 said:
Imagine the rest of the entire human race would just vanish. You are the last human on this planet. All the animals and plants are still alive but no remains of any other human are to be found. What do you do? Steal/loot places? Continue playing video games? Both?

For me, I'd ride my bike to (and in) the shopping district and malls. I'd steal all the video games and food I can carry and cycle to the biggest house I can find.

I will eventually turn mad, with the lack of people to talk to and well... multiplayer. The video games will only keep me going for a little while. As well as the food, everything will expire eventually.

Being the last human, the last thing I would do is... well... I don't know... I REALLY can't think of anything else to do apart from playing video games... -sigh-.

How about you? What would you do if you were suddenly the last human in this exact moment in time?
I'd drive all over the country, and look at it all, since fuel would be abundant and free now, I'd 'loot' several jerry cans, and fill up my tank often, so I could drive around. I'd also go hunting for more cars, and eventually get a collection at a race track. That'd keep me busy for several years I'd imagine.

TonyVonTonyus

Dec 4, 2010
Do stuff I wouldn't be to able to with people around, get bored, get depressed then commit some sort of ritual suicide.

Irradiated Tiger

Feb 8, 2010
I guess I'd just go on living. Grab some food, video games, movies etc. and just do a bunch of crap I couldn't do in a civilized world. After I get a strong hold on new life (start a farm, travel the world. play all video games in sight.) I'd probably work on some way to make my exsistence less lonely through science. Lotta science books out there, might as well put them to use.

ChaosEternal

Feb 4, 2011
Loot places. Have last minute fun. Do everything I ever wanted to do and still could. Then... I don't know. Euthanize myself? :p

Optiluiz

Dec 30, 2010
I'd start domesticating animals, and teaching them to act like humans and maintain a 'Planet of the apes'- like fantasy...

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008

Watch it. Listen to it. All of it.

I'd probably go mad, I've been alone and know how you really do slowly go crazy without another conscious self-aware and communicative mind to have meaningful interaction with.

Probably the only way to keep my sanity would be to dedicate myself to bringing back sentient life to the Solar System (if not the universe) even if it means working with chimps, I will genetically modify the wazoo out of their brains! or maybe send them into space:

Helscreama

Nov 29, 2009
First off, head to the nearest car yard, pick one, take it and begin to collect supplies.

Second, move to an area that gets a good amount of rain, has decent farming potential and isn't overly urban and set up shop.

Thid, live out my life off the land, growing my own food, reading books (since I have no intention of maintaining a power supply besides solar) and just enjoying the quiet.

Ofcourse to do ANY of this I'd have to grow some serious balls because I dislike killing things LOL

kidd25

Jun 13, 2011
well, i would first travel across the united states listening to my music and download more before the internet crashes by whatever reason. bring food and FAL,pistol with at least 100 round for each. most of the time talk to people in my head, and go so far insane i reach sanity again. Look for people, try to find answer, and play portable games. seeing how radio stations are going to be down no need to listen to it, so a lot of CD's or something to connect to the radios. if the internet is still up, mass download sci-fi shows, comedy, anime, etc. Also make sure to know how to survive on my own and work-out everyday to get strong for whatever happens. As my time passes, i will keep on searching and looking through out... also medicine, need to carry medicine with me, and a healthy diet.

Oh yeah, scream "why God, WHY!"

kidd25

Jun 13, 2011
WAIT! if anyone read this far into it! we have sperm and egg bank! time to revive this forgotten race! also yeah double post, but its for the good of mankind.

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
Go to a Grocery store, stock up on non-perishables and get a shopping cart, go to an REI and get survival supplies and possibly books on survival, then find a gun store. Hole up in a library and pass the time reading.

Maybe I commit suicide without any friends, honestly don't know.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Try to survive the crushing feelings of loneliness by picking up stray dogs and teaching myself various skills to pass however long I have left until I die. No sense in brooding about all of the bad stuff, all the loneliness for too long. Would be very obvious there would be nothing to do about it when it came to human interaction. Get used to not speaking very much. Maybe live in a library for some time and just read and read and read. Eventually, then the human race ends its short yet bright history on the planet Earth. Things move on without us.

Might sound depressing, but that's a thought that always brings me some clarity and some warm feelings. There really is no 'end of the world' Everything moves on. We take matter from the universe, churned and synthesized in the gigantic masses of stars in distant galaxies unknown, and thus, we return our matter to the infinite of Universe. Not conscious for any of it, wont experience any of it as far as I know, but what was known as Myself will become apart of the Universe and every thing, person and other bit of matter that has ever existed.

TheDarklite

Nov 26, 2010
Well the first thing on the agenda would be to get food and water.
But here is my lonesome survival plan, which will surely doom me:

I would acquire dehydrated and canned food, heaps of it. I would then find heaps of seeds and go to a local nursery and take some fruit trees and find some vegetable punnets. I would need to consider my sustainability after all.
After that I would gather as many Iodine tablets as humanly possible so that I can purify water a lot easier, but I would need to devise a way to ensure that I would always have fresh water too. Maybe a rainwater tank, maybe something else - That is the part that stumps me.
Next would be getting my hands on fuel. And a lot of vehicles. I know very little about car maintenance so I am going to need to have a fair few cars around. No sedans, but mostly Utility vehicles and 4x4's (actual offroad cars, not crappy luxury things).
The Fuel would also be used to power generators that I would need to track down and move (thus the Ute's lol).
Next I would need to get some firearms so that I can hunt and even protect myself from animals. As said earlier by someone, animals would eventually start to reclaim the cities.
The most difficult part for me is that being in Australia guns are a bit harder to come by, but I have relatives with rifles, so I would make my way to their houses and see if I can get into their gunsafes.
The rest we would just have to see...

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I'd wonder what the hell happened to everyone else for starters. Then I'd probably panic until I finally calm down. I would probably drive around really fast everywhere just for the fun of it. I'd also just go exploring around and breaking into places. It wouldn't be illegal if there isn't anyone else around to own stuff.

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
It seems a lot of people don't understand that they can't simply say "Play video games the rest of my life." You would need to figure out how to supply constant power to your house, not to mention figure out how to counter the weather should it damage the connection.

OT: Well I own several guns, but they won't do me any good when the ammo goes bad (yes, it can and will go bad after a long period of time) so I will have to learn to use the crossbow more. For food, between hunting, looting stores in which I may live now and again (though at night it will be creepy as hell...), and making a large sustaining garden. However, I will move down south where weather is a bit clamer first so I wont have to worry about those types of issues. I will also study up on first aid a bit more though, I will be a lot more careful so I wont injure myself. Allergies will be a ***** no matter what.

As for what I will do in my spare time? Work out, figure out how to make clothing and various armors. I also will frequently go out and try to find some way to bring humans back into existance. If I knew where a cloning facility of sorts was, I'd head there, but being that most people don't have cloning technology due to many different reasons, chances are thats not an option for me. I'd also scout around, looking and learning, possibly make buildings, just because. I've never believed in suicide, so I'd be fighting till the end. Mabey I will teach a monkey (if I come across one) how to speak and read English. Then when I die, my dogs (cause I would be breeding some for...security) will probably eat me and move on.

And it's obvious I would mourn. I would make shrines for all those close to me, and then another for humanity in general. If aliens do find whats left of us, they wont be able to read so for that purpose is pointless. The monkey I find would be the last hope to carry on the legacy of humankind (yes, I realize that sounds stupid, but hey, if he can speak and read [so therefore write] he will be able to teach other monkeys who would will figure out what we left).

Somewhat thorough explination over.