You Favorite and Least favorite ending to a game?

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
I hated the endings for Devil May Cry 2 and 4. Also, I disliked the endings for Breakdown and Crackdown (unrelated games) because they left weird cliffhangers. Breakdown only left one because it was the first in a planned trilogy that never finished, but Crackdown's was unexpected and uncalled for.

I think my favorite endings would have to be Mass Effect and Star Wars: TFU.

ianuam

Aug 28, 2008
Favourite: MGS2: Substance
Least favourite: KOTOR 2, that really really annoyed me. Also, any game that ends extraordinarily early or without fully exploring the characters.

timmah638

Aug 10, 2008
Best is either Portal or Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. Worst is definetaly Halo 2. You kill an easy boss 5 hours into the game, and it ends. Seriously?

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
I'm severely disappointed by the ending to almost every video game I've ever played. It's like they're just tacked on for when the action is over; it sucks ass.

Among the very few video game endings that I actually liked were those to Knights of the Old Republic, every Half-Life game (except Episode 1, which underwhelmed me generally the first time I played it, though I did appreciate it more the second time through, and Blue Shift, which seemed truncated rather than ended), and FEAR.

Some of the "afterthought" endings that left me with a particularly foul taste in my mouth were to American McGee's Alice, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Armed and Dangerous, Brothers in Arms, Halo 2 (I love a good cliffhanger ending, but this was a really, really bad cliffhanger ending), and Indigo Prophecy.

Seriously, it seems like every game ending is designed either to start or continue a franchise, or is just tacked on without any real thought. Either way, they're very rarely satisfying at all.

thenewprince

Oct 30, 2008
Ok best ending HAS to go to "Onimisha 3" Its still once of the sickest openings i've ever seen for.... well anything

Best Ending for me had to be God of War II & Portal... just...awsomeness

Wost Ending had to be God Hand.... for those of you who actually made it that far.
Worst Opening... BUT NOT THE WORST GAME i still like it... but Killer 7 had me put the controller down walk away and wonder WTF i just bought.

thenewprince

Oct 30, 2008
For an "almost" classic feel for me... the Opening for the First Devil May cry had me shocked the first time i played it.

Blyyr

Oct 3, 2008
Yeah, I loved Call Of Duty 4's ending, it makes you feel bad, seeing almost everyone in the squat whiped out.

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
The new Alone in the Dark game had a terrible anti-climactic ending (both of them), I was expecting so much more considering where the plot was heading.

My favourite game ending would probably be to Final Fantasy VIII, I remember being teary eyed at the end of it.

splashndash

Oct 30, 2008
I have two all time favourites: Silent Hill 2 and the unforgettable ending to The Suffering: Ties That Bind. That was amazing.

The worst ending for me was:Halo 3 (what a cop out, I thought it was going to be spectacular, it was complete basic mainstream nonsense, but it was a good game.....very short but I guess when the instruction manual states that it is best played on the heroic difficulty setting I should have known. Ah well).
Nuff said!

stumpy107

Jan 12, 2008
i woud have to the fabetlc has a good ending so is cod4 but annoying because its so sudden but my favorite would have to be the painkiller ending killing lusifa then see him comming back then killin that army of demons is cool but some of the bad endings are halo 3 and the super mario cart64 ending is annoying woth the ceromony.

oh yes i also like the FEAR ending with the exposion after killing paxon and alma

CrazyBerk

Jul 1, 2008
Seriously.."I'M THE F*CKING UNIVERSE" HAS to be a new meme...no really! That actually made me laugh out loud. Bloody hell..
Also i was quite young when i played Halo 2, i wasn't enraged by the ending but i was confused. I can see why others would feel angry about it though.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
My favourite endings are Twilight Princess (although I would have liked to play after the credits but hey-ho) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, LoZ: Phantom Hourglass and Spore. Gotta love
Steve

My least favourite endings were Super Mario 64 (I save the Princess and I get a cake!?) and Sims 2. I hate it when
the nuke hits and everything you've built gets obliterated.
(that was sarcasm)

Lemony

May 2, 2008
Warcraft 3's Ending I believed was actually the movie clip (BTW awesome job Blizz) AND the credits. Who doesn't love Level 80 Elite Tauren Chieftians?

BlackZero

Jul 23, 2008
I like the endings to DMC3, Star Ocean: til the end of time, and Final fantasy tactics, and IX

Heas

Oct 31, 2008
Favorite ending: Legacy of Kain: Defiance, HE JUST SHOVED THE SWORD IN HIM AND THEY COMBINED.
Least Favorite ending: Bumpy

babyblues

Apr 22, 2008
Least Favorite: I can't say "Fable 2" loud enough. Out of all the games I've played, some with terrible, terrible endings, I can at least say one good thing about them.. They had final boss battles!

Fable 2 is fantastic but seriously lacking in that area. It sort of pissed me off.

Favorite: Probably Mass Effect. It was suitably epic and the boss battle was fun. Also, the promise of a sequel made me squeal with delight.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Favorite: Chrono Trigger or Shadow of the Colossus, although MGS3 deserves some credit.

Least Favorite: I dunno, the endings from any of the Soul Caliber games are pretty horrible, especially from 2 on, when they just had way too many unresolved, weird story tangents everywhere. And things just never get resolved. I mean, it's a series about people fighting with weapons, so how come nobody ever DIES? SC2 really started that whole "let's bring people back from the dead" thing.

I know we all like him, but MAXI DIED IN THE ORIGINAL SOUL CALIBER! STOP BRINGING HIM BACK!