You Favorite and Least favorite ending to a game?

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
I wasn't at all satisfied with the end to the original Half-Life. Fortunately, they played that weakness into a strength. Also, Syndicate could've used a proper win.
My favorite? Hmm, tough... Probably Duke Nuk'em 3D. Apart from the promise for "more action" at the end.

Mray3460

Jul 27, 2008
Favorite: Fable II, for actually giving a morally grey choice at the end of the game.

Least Favorate: Bioshock, "Bad" Ending, it was short, jarring, and did not reek of awesome as it should have.
Edit: Or the clown princess from Castle Crashers.

GingerFace

Feb 15, 2008
favourite: FF9 - that almost made me cry
worst: pokemon red up untill whatever the newest one is - no real ending at all

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
my favourites are: Bad Company (hillariously awesome) Munch's Odyssey and Halo 2
Halo 2 and 3 both left room for a sequel and did an amazing job for opening a gap
honourable mentions: (those that didnt make the top 3)
Franks Adventure (all of them) ;)
N3 (only the Girl with the watermelon landslide and near enough no armor and the hench blokes one)
CoD4 (left us thinking, and was a great way to end the game, nothing like a little bit of realism, not everybody survives war and that war is unlogical, anything can happen; you just have to think to see this)
Crackdown (I actually saw this one coming as i climbed up to the ENIGMATC WANG!)
Lego Star Wars (there was no ending XD)
Fable:TLC (yet to finish 2, heard bad things about the end though)
Ratchet and Clank TOD (great suspense, cant get quest for booty however :( )
R&C 2 or 3 (the one where you get dropped onto the robot world in the war against Tyrranoid's and Britney Spears is cameod by a robot)
C&C 3 [NOD] (The GDI ending was a little pussyish until Lando Calrissian came on screen - GO LANDO!)
and now my least favourites: NONE! love em all really

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Worst- Baldurs Gate 2, for 2 reasons:After completing the story there was nothing you could do except watch the credits and go back to the main menu, and there was meant to be a third, but there never was.

Best- GTA San Andreas: Just because after the story there was still so much to do.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
My favorites are Halo's ending (the driving sequences always gives me a good rush if I have the volume cranked up), the ending to Zelda: Wind Waker (always brings a warm feeling to my heart), and the ending of Half Life 2 (do I really need to say "Super Gravity Gun"?).

Least favorites would be Zelda: Twilight Princess (I never liked Midna in the first place) Super Mario Galaxy (GREAT game, horrible ending), and Metroid Prime 3 (that really could have been much more epic of a final boss).

I'm also torn on the ending to Assassin's Creed. I LOVED the story, but the cliff hanger has got me wanting more and I don't know if they're ever going to make the sequel!

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Favorites:

Gears of War
BF:Bad Company
Warcraft 3: TFT
Too Human

Least:

Portal (Yay, I'm out of the building only to fall alseep?)
C&C3: Kane's Wrath (What just happened?)

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
I loved the endings of the Legacy of Kain games, the Prince of Persia Trilogy and Devil May Cry 4
But my vote for best ending goes to a game with great atmosphere, great gameplay, magnificent story and such a great moral and valuable lesson in life in the closing monologue of the dead main character Tommy Angelo from: Mafia
I am suprised no one has mentioned it - oh well guess I am the first - I am awaiting Mafia 2 very much but I am afraid of the fact of having multiple endings :S - gives it replay value but can they make them all epic? We'll see - I trust the developers ;)

Skarvey

Sep 3, 2008
Oh sorry, let me clarify, I did like the ending, but I like games where you get to bask in the glory of your acheivement afterward. I don't like that whole "Hero rides off into the sunset and we get dumped out into the title screen." No, I want to go around, maybe fight a few more monsters, ride into town and have everyone tell me how awesome I am, and then maybe finally make it with Ilia because Lord knows, after saving the kingdom wearing tights and riding on chapped leather, Link needs some action.

Skarvey

Sep 3, 2008
Oh damn, that was supposed to reply to someone quoting me, well it was in reference to the Zelda: Twighlight Princess for those of you confused.

samsprinkle

Jun 29, 2008
My favorite ending to a game was Portal for sure. The credits song was SO amazing. That is my favorite game of all time!

My least favorite game ending of all time is definately Portal cause I was SO sad that it was over!