You first "**** This" Moment in Gaming

Monkey_Warfare

Sep 10, 2008
Super meat boy, going for no death achievements and reached level 20 of dark rapture without dying and fumbled after over an hour of trying. Have not gone back to to super meat boy since.

Voodoo_Person

Dec 11, 2009
The only one that comes to mind is GTA San Andreas, the mission where you have to learn how to fly...god damn I just could not get the hang of it

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Phantasy Star Online. I aim down my sniper rifle, hit the enemy square in the chest, and a big mocking "MISS" floats up. Silly human! You need to grind some more before you're allowed to shoot straight! Yeah, you know what, game? F*** you.

Also, some action-rhythmn game on the DS my brother thrust into my hands and demanded I play and enjoy. It was complex enough for me to follow until my brother informed me I had been pressing the wrong buttons all along because apparently Nintendo sees fit to arrange the A and B buttons (you'll note that these are the first two letters of the alphabet) IN NON-ALPHABETICAL ORDER. F*** YOU Nintendo.

I very nearly had a "f*** this sh*t" moment when watching the Skies of Arcadia intro movie and some anthropomorphic silver blob wiggled onscreen and gave the camera a cheerful wink. The disc very nearly got ejected then and there. The genuine "f*** this" moment came when I realised that those deceptively blue skies were actually chock-full of enemies that would teleport onto your deck and demand to be beaten in slow and tedious turn-based combat every time you flew two bloody inches. I hear they later fixed the random encounter problem - for the Gamecube version of the game - which as a Dreamcast owner was GREAT consolation.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
My first may of been the Lion king game on the snes. First game to bring a 6 year to cry, I hope you're happy who ever made that game. Screw the jungle level, and honestly I'd love to play it again, that and Jungle Book.

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
The earlier I can remember is Morrowind. I love the game, but I hate that you lose fatigue whenever you run. What makes it worse is that I got stuck in some canyon at some point. Losing fatigue + Going around in circles = I quit.

I want to go back and play it eventually, but damn I hate that fatigue system.

Actually, I remember getting really angry and quitting Soul Blade on the PS1 after I couldn't beat a special mission against Voldo. F-ing Voldo!

Strixvaliano

Feb 8, 2011
The original Legend of Zelda for NES.

I managed to get all the way to Ganon but I absolutely did not know about and missed finding the silver arrows. Talk about rage inducing moment.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
GartarkMusik said:
chadachada123 said:
Very first? ET on the Atari. Goddamn do I hate that game. Grrrr.
You actually played that? Whoa..........
Yup. My uncle gave me it to my family before I reached maybe 6 years old, at least before we got an N64 (I'm 20 now). I remember falling into a weird vase-shaped hole and also remember being incredibly pissed at getting such a stupid game, that's about the extent of my memories of that horrible, horrible game.

Truthfully, I hated most games at the time, because all were beyond my mental comprehension (I was but a toddler or small child). Pitfall, Missile Command, this weird breakout-type clone...all of them just irritated me, heh.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
Wareshinobu said:
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. I really did try and like it as I'm a TR fan but I just couldn't bring myself to carry on (grip meter, glitches etc etc)

FFVIII & FFXII - before these two I had no problems playing all the way through a FF game, guess I've just lost my love for them..or they killed it =P
I wasn't going to post here because I've bemoaned it in other threads, but the Lara Croft Anniversary edtion on the 360 caused me to throw my controller into the couch cushion multiple times. I sold the game. When I heard about the HD remake, I was excited and went out and picked it up. I figured they had to have tweaked the controls on the game--the ps3 version controlled as poorly as the 360. I really wanted to play the game but the random controls were just too much.

I also had to walk away from the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am game. I couldn't figure out how to survive long enough to hit the ball.

Omari McCrary

Jan 9, 2011
vrbtny said:
The battlefield 3 campaign.... just..... no.
Did you also try it on the hardest difficulty expecting a for once "good" single player out of Battlefield only to get smashed in the face by the harsh "Realism" that getting shot twice by any gun is an insta-kill while most other enemies can take a 50. to the neck and keep going??? :))))

F*%K THAT!

Wyld Fyre

Jul 9, 2011
Xenogears for the PS1. At one point you must fight what appears to be one of those JRPG 'you can't really win this fight' fights.... but it is not. You actually have to win.... it is right at the start of disk 2 there is nowhere to go Level up... if you ain't ready it is just death. I had to start over... 30+ hours down the drain.

Landis963

May 23, 2011
The Darcy boss fight in Alpha Protocol. Annoying even on easy and with the best of computer speed, downright maddening when you aim a pistol, activate the special, then have your reticule waver and lag several miles away from his smug face and cause all of your shots to hit, say, a faraway tree, or the security gate, instead of inside his sniper tower. And it always, ALWAYS wavers when you activate the special.

One other thing: Sniper battles should not have goons cluttering the battlefield!

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Akalabeth said:
Uh, my first? I don't know.
But I do know my most recent, in fact it happened yesterday while playing MW3 SP campaign. Minor spoilers but something in the second mission about "boarding an enemy submarine while it's underwater and using its own missiles to destroy the russian fleet" made me think "what?! This is stupid" and I didn't start the mission and just went straight to MP.
I have to say, it gets worse...

OT: Umm...I never really rage quit. Well, I'm lying, because FUCK YOU SUPER MEAT BOY!!! YOU ARE NOT A GAME! YOU ARE TORTURE!!!!

*deep breaths* Ok, better now. Still, fuck that game. At least I didn't buy it, I won it in a contest.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
My first huh... hmm.. I'm going to go with Hot wheels turbo racing. It wasn't the first but it's the furthest back moment in gaming when I just wanted to throw my controller at the tv XD Stupid hidden cars *grumble grumble grumble*

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
VERY first: Battle Toads
I mean, seriously... Just glad it was a rental.

Most recent: Mirror's Edge
Boat Level, trying for pacifist completion. Killed a couple dozen times just in the parking level, by the first 5 guards. I finally just pulled the disk, sent it back to Blockbuster, and watched the remaining levels through a Let's Play.