You first "**** This" Moment in Gaming

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
Hrmm..can't remember which was my first, mostly because I picked up both games roughly at the same time....

God of War - When you go into the estate in Athens to get the girl with the key and had to face the Legionnaire. Was still new to the game and sucked facing both Legionaries and Gorgons. So couldn't do the combo to remove the shield all that well, and after trying so hard to beat it, I decided to flee and head upstairs, somehow managing to reach down the hallway and fell off a ramp which landed me in a small spot where two Gorgons were already using medusa's gaze on me.

Yeah, I flinched and started to foam at the mouth. I figured out the Plume of Prometheus pretty quick after that.

Final Fantasy 7 - Yeah, couldn't find the game at all at anytime, anywhere. Suddenly I found it roughly a day or so after God of War, and ended up buying it, because, hey, I loved Final Fantasy 9....

Well, okay, it's fun and such, though never quite got the hype of the game itself. Managed to get both Yuffie and Vincent in the first go (though didn't get far enough to get Cid), and started to make trails up the mountain past Nibelheim to find the little pod where Jenova was first found. I had Vincent, Cloud and Aerith in play at the time, and we eventually found a huge, crab like monster that, halfway through the fight, started to heal itself. well, no biggie, seems to be dying pretty good. Oh, Vincent has a Limit Break..turns him into the Chaos...which tosses fire at the crab...which heals it...and it heals itself...and my slashes aren't powerful enough to keep up...

....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....Okay, nah, not gonna continue.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Capra Demon, Dark Souls. I want to keep playing, but it takes me 15 each time to reach a boss that kills me in two hits.

lobo_ace777

Nov 18, 2009
Having my memory card mess up and take out ALL of my GCN save data. Including most of my melee save data. I haven't played my GCN since.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
I don't no about my first time. I do remember one of my more recent times, Mass Effect 2. I can'tm tell you how many times I shouted "F*** YOU, game! F*** YOU!"

Grimfolse

Feb 28, 2011
I've had it happen to me twice, though I forget which of them happened first.

One was in Final Fantasy VII. I was playing it my copy with a friend's borrowed memory card. By the time I returned it, I was all the way to the Huge Materia battle at Fort Condor (so quite a ways through the game). A month or so later, my friend sold me her memory card, but accidentally (I think) erased all the data on it. Ragequit from FF7 for at least a year after that.

The other was in Final Fantasy IX. I had gotten all the way to Disk 3, I think, at the card tournament. Right after barely winning, I was forced into a section controlling Beatrix and Steiner and got carelessly killed before I could find a savepoint. Haven't touched the game since.

DisasterArea42

Aug 29, 2011
Let's see... There was

1. Pokemon Blue and me messing up with MissingNo
2. Super Mario Land and World 8 level 2 or 3 or something. me at 7 didn't get the timing for jump from one boulder to another right when they touch
3. FF7 when i had decided to just rush through a dungeon, leaving me under leveled for the boss fight.
4. ALMOST LOTR:Two Towers for the GBA when i accidently deleted my level like 27 Aragon file with 2 or 3 unique weapons (Including Orcrist T.T). thank god I had a legolas that could like 2 hit the troll bosses
5. FF9 when i found that i would have to actually play the stupid card minigame. saved and never touched that file again
6. Spiderman for the PS1. on the first chase Venom level, at one point Spidey just goes "ohhhhh wall. better climb it". screws me over 9 times out of 10.
7. Pokemon entirely after I somehow lost my level 100 Feraligatr. I loved that thing. didn't play Pokemon until Platinum was out.
8. Rainbow 6 3. "hey, sneak in this penthouse with only a pistol. alone. without letting people know you are there" No thanks
9. Phantasy Star whatever that I borrowed from a friend. Hour and a half before a save point? and only 1 battle? nope
10. Metroid Prime 2. f*#^%ng spider ball guardian. Die in a fire.
11 and most recent. FF12. I've tried to play it twice. the first time I set it down and forgot what I was supposed to do entirely when I picked it back up like 2 months later. and then I try to give it another chance and just got bored.

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
Crash Bandicoot 2, after spending literally half and hour trying to break all the boxes in a level, I missed one all the way back at the starting... It was the first time I actually yelled F@%K!!!!! Instead of just think it, and I rarely ever swear.

gameo53

Apr 4, 2010
There was a game called "Star Wars" for the original gameboy that I used to play when I was 4. You would play for 30-45 minutes then arrive at the Millennium Falcon. You then had to dodge or shoot asteroids. However for years I could never figure out how to shoot the gun and just would run into them :(

That my earliest **** this moment

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
vrbtny said:
The battlefield 3 campaign.... just..... no.
God, I know! The first fps, first GAME, period, that I've dropped because it's actually boring. And you should know, I'm easily pleased.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Just tonight, Skryim. "Rescue from Fort Neugrad" is apparently a bit broken for me... It's not letting me free the prisoners at all, they sit around saying "The key is on the guard", and it's not. So...

I reloaded, played again, encountered the same thing, and then promptly said "fuck it".

(Please note that if you know what's wrong with it, I'd love to hear how to fix it! I can then rescind my "fuck it" attitude.)

woots7

Nov 30, 2010
Final fantasy 10.

"hello sin, oh your over drive is charged, i'll get out one of my meat shields aeons"

"Giga Graviton'

F*** This

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
oh boy. Many years ago playing Army Men. one one level about 2/3rds through the game, a trigger would glitch and make the level impassable. tried replaying it a couple times, then gave up.

ReZerO

Mar 2, 2009
mrF00bar said:
GTA: Vice City, the mission on the second island when you have to drop bombs from an RC plane, took me 3 months to pass that mission.
this was horrible... luckily it was an optional side mission, after 2 months i quit trying.

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
Y'know, I honestly can't remember my first one, but I can list some recent ones:

1) Phantom Hourglass: When I realized I'd have to go through the upper levels of that temple a million times to gain any progress in it.

2) Twilight Princess: Racing the female yeti downhill. I eventually came back to the game and beat her, but I did have a /ragequit moment where I threw my controller at my bed and didn't play for a while.

3) Super Mario Galaxy 2: Several of those levels with the stupid blue monkey made me feel this way. Also breaking boxes with fire power for the trash robot. All in all, when I realized the kind of strange hell it was putting me through for star completion, I had a F- This revelation and stopped playing.

Roy Smith

Sep 23, 2011
1. Mega Man 9. I actually got all the bosses weapons, fought my way to Wily with max everything and got to him and nearly beat him. I was thinking I'd get him on my next restart - it would only take an hour to get there and...really...fuck that. It's simply too hard to be fun... it was more stressful than my job and became less enjoyable. And the Achievement I would have got? Whomp Wily! - Clear the game once. - 5 points. Fuck Capcom twice. I bought the first MegaMan game for the NES and all the ones after it.

I'll never touch another Mega Man game again.

2. Tim Shaeffer of Psychonauts is called a game genius - bull. The Meat Circus level ruins the entire game. Attacks you can't see, cheap hits, platforming ending for a game that doesn't do it well, a VERY repetitive dialogue/sound combo, and it's timed. It is VASTLY, VASTLY, INSANELY harder than the rest of the game. The two final bosses aren't crap by comparison.

I'll never touch another Tim Shaeffer game again.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
Coldster said:
Star Wars Rogue Squadron for the Gamecube. It was just this one mission in the co-op mode. Escaping the Death Star II as the Millennium Falcon and a X-Wing. No matter who I played with, no matter which vehicle we chose, we would always fail. I realize that if just one person gets out then you win, but whoever plays as the Millennium Falcon gets screwed over by its slow speed and awful maneuverability. You can't even take things slow because there is a wall of fire speeding up behind you. Its just plain impossible. F**k that.

beat that mission easy. its not nearly as hard as you make it out to be. you just have to keep calm not push down the brake all the way and also boost on the straight aways but never push the button down all the way. its all about how fast you go the millenium falcon can take some pretty steep turns at high speeds you just need to be observant about the next turn and stay on the side farthest from the outside of the turn in order to make it.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Lego Loco. Built a massive town of interconnecting rails and roads, had it set up to link to other computers in my house, sent mail along them, had a large population of citizens, about 4 hours of work, and then it crashed and I had forgotten to save. At 6, that was crushing. I stopped playing that game for the next 3 years because of that.

That and Lego Land, when I got to one park where it kept telling me I needed 1 more piece of different scenery to advance, yet I had placed down EVERY type of scenery available. I had tried spamming all scenery, trying to see if I could somehow combine scenery, everything I could think of, and I just though 'fuck this' after 2 weeks of trying and gave up. I haven't touched the game since.

ReZerO

Mar 2, 2009
one of the first ones for me.. i forget the name of the game but we rented it. at one part you had to soak the manual in water to make the password to access the submarine appear.. and being a rental it had no manual. this was before the internet (well before anybody really had it in their homes).. so it's not like we could just go online and look it up.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
FoolKiller said:
Avaholic03 said:
The speeder section of Battletoads on the SNES. Co-op mode. Nothing will end friendships faster.
Heh... the current version of this is 'Splosion Man.

I still don't know if anyone ever beat Battletoads co-operatively.

people have. there is a video on youtube or somewhere..... skip to the end of this video after it loads to see who did it http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-screwattack/706037

Edit: and here is part one of six of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP_8gmQjSsI