You first "**** This" Moment in Gaming

NerdElf

Jun 28, 2009
Growing up with insanely hard mario ports and Supaplex, I had 20 moments that you describe before I reached the age of 6. Ooh, the joys of a 286.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess the first time playing though Snow Peak Ruins took me two weeks because i couldnt figure out what to do (the mid-boss didnt help matters because after he killed he the first time i respawnedwith only three hearts and i couldn't get passed him when he was swinging his ball and chain to get to his weakpoint)

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
My first one.. I honestly can't remember. My most recent however was Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and that damn temple. After like the 4th or 5th time in there I just stopped playing.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Trauma Center

Fun, unique and awesome game, except for one type of alien Virus which made me nearly snap my DS cleanly in HALF...

SERIOUSLY, F#*K THAT D:

killer12480

Jun 4, 2011
Though I love the game.....Morrowind. Yes, Morrowind. I've had trouble with other games as a child, but never got mad and quit. In Morrowind, when you swing your giant battleaxe at their head, you miss if your skill is not high enough....WTF??? I clearly hit him! His head should be bouncing down the temple steps then stopping and rotting in the sun for all to see!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
My first game was Klonoa Empire of dreams, a game with pretty annoying bosses and other stuff you'd find in a platformer. I got to the second level of the last world, where I got stuck. I tried every possible thing to beat it but I never could, so I ragequit and got pokemon sapphire.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-
The last level (escape from the core) in Star Wars Rogue Squadron. I reacted "F*** THAT!" when it is require you to rotate your X-Wing to bypass the pipes. I had never once use that at all during the game and they will not force me to do it!

Fighting the boss Olga Flow second form in Phanstasy Star Online Episode 2 in offline mode. Sure this would be been easier in mutliplayer but my friends don't own a Gamecube. Seriously I had three scape dolls with me (the maximum you can have) yet he lay waste against me. Just die already so I can claim my loots!

The last level in UN Squadron against the final boss. Even when I exploit the pause and which weapons it was still too hard to defeat it.

And my recent game Rhythm Heaven. That game itself just demand pefection from you and a simple slip of a mistake denined you of your reward (no wonder the reviewers keep saying it's too hard for I competely agree with them).

4nthr4x

Jun 5, 2010
Driver 2,
I've never had a PS1 and this was the 1st game I bought for my new PS2, upon release.

Second to last mission, where you have to chase and crash the hitmans car.
I never managed to complete that mission, not in years.

I just went to play it a friend's house, on his savegame, just to see what the final mission was

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
TJC said:
Trauma Center

Fun, unique and awesome game, except for one type of alien Virus which made me nearly snap my DS cleanly in HALF...

SERIOUSLY, F#*K THAT D:
Are you talking about this one:

is it Triti you're talking about?

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Street Fighter IV.

After less than a month of playing, I didn't achieve much in the game overall. Online was annoying with its players PMing me no matter how the match ends, I'm impatient with those trials, and Seth is such a cheap mofo. Call me what you want saying I need more practice, but I'm not a serious player when it comes to fighting games. And this is coming from a guy who plays Dragon Ball Z Budokai/.Budokai Tenkaichi/Raging Blast, Naruto Clash of Ninja/Ultimate Ninja Storm, Tekken, and Soul Calibur.

PS: I actually have more fun playing TvC than I did playing a demo of MvC 3 at my local electronic stores.

freakydan

Jan 28, 2010
Probably Super Mario Bros. 3. I never beat it, but I remember getting pissed off quite a few times. I think it was more of an "Oh, f*** this" moment for my mom. I threw my controller at the TV or yell at the tv or slam down the controller and my mom would get that "Oh, f*** this" look and tell me to go to my room.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
super mario on the gameboy colour where I reached the last level and lost all my lives, FUCK THAT!

4 years passed before I played it again...

Adellebella

Sep 9, 2011
Master Locks in Skyrim...It's not LEFT, it's not RIGHT, I've broken EIGHTEEN LOCKPICKS flkjfsfsfkj...

Oh, you mean my VERY first? I was playing Azure Dreams for the Playstation 1. It was one of those moments where I made it up to a high level in the tower, then lost everything. I cried and didn't play for three days. THREE!

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
The speeder section of Battletoads on the SNES. Co-op mode. Nothing will end friendships faster.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
My very first? That'd be Dangerous Dave 2:

Gah, that game... Every monster insta-killed you, always accompanied with a gory littel .gif animation, and dying resulted in the level starting over again. After ages of trying as a little kid I finally managed to clear the second level, with light-speed jumping slimes that melted your face in an instant.

But then level 3 came along, with goddamn werewolves that jumped in with warp 9 from friggin' off-screen, giving you almost zero chance to defend yourself. After that single death in the third level I was like:
vrbtny said:
The battlefield 3 campaign.... just..... no.
That was your very first? You've got some strange level of tolerance then.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Alphakirby said:
TJC said:
Trauma Center

SERIOUSLY, F#*K THAT D:
Are you talking about this one:

is it Triti you're talking about?
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff gah
Yes, it's exactly THAT one I'm talking about. Fucking regrowing bastards.

Crap, I think I got an aneurysm just remembering them

Funky Flump

Jun 24, 2010
Richard Humphries said:
Mine would have to be skate. It's completely fun until some prick decides he needs you to go across the city in about 30 seconds, then it's just a controller smashing, wall busting frenzy.
Skate was extremely annoying at some parts! Iv been gaming from a very young age so I have most likely had many rage moments, but one I remember clearly was a challenge to do a very specific and tough to do grind (Like a BS Crooked or something) on a bench then freekin' 360 Hardflip or something stupid out of it, the problem was landing the grind right! It didnt seem to register this grind! Always an FS instead of a BS or something I unno, but I did rage out and quit that mission for a while. Eventually did it!

ZforZissou

Oct 19, 2008
Super Meat Boy: the I Wanna be the Guy stage.

Seriously. If you've played it, you know.

I got past the first part barely. I thought it was over. Then there was a second part, harder than the first. Once I finished that, I thought it was over. Then there was a third part, harder than the first and second. "**** this!" Power button.