You get to greenlight a sequel to any game that has ever existed. Which game do you choose?

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
KotoR 3, Star Wars: Battlefront 3, Jade Empire 2.

I'd like to see all of these games because while Jade Empire and KotoR were great RPGs that I loved the story in, Battlefront was a good game to just kill stuff and have fun with friends while making rediculous Star Wars jokes.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a L4D3 if that's not already on the table, for much the same reason as Battlefront. Also, Brink 2 would be cool, as would Fallout:NV minus the bugs and some more added stuff to beef the play time up a bit. Another Fallout game would be good in general if it was more FO3 and less FO:NV. I did like the weapon upgrades though.

Azurian

Oct 27, 2010
rancher of monsters said:
A sequel to Jet Set Radio Future?

It's nice to dream.

EDIT: Well if I must explain...

The game just had this awesome feel about it overall. The music was amazing, the character's were well designed, and the Graffiti tags (In my humble opinion) looked like real graffiti. It all worked together to create a gaming experience that I've never felt in any other game
Been ninja'd well since you have already said that one I'm going to say Breath of Fire it's one of Capcom's best RPG series which I have loved more than any JRPG. But seeing how Keiji Inafune did character design BoF I might be waiting an long time.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
I would do either a reboot or a sequel to Rise of the Robots simply to see if it will be as good as contemporary 2.5D fighters today, given that it was graphically ahead of it's time back then... just behind in everything else, namely gameplay.

Yes... I admit, this game IS my guilty pleasure game.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
greatman32 said:
Final Fantasy 9-2 the direct sequel to final fantasy 9 with a new intro of garnet dancing in a bikini to Japanese techno music.
You win for that. Idk what you win, but you do.

OT: Prooobably...hmm. It's actually hard to think of successful games that don't involve sequels already.
Someone earlier said Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. I'd go with that, a sequel to that game would be fun as heck, I loved that game.

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, because I hear it was awesome.
Bully, because it was awesome.
A proper tony hawk game, just because.

Eveonline100

Feb 20, 2011
RRAAKK said:
Metal Arms 2. plane an simple

i bet noone remembers the game but they were gonna make one but blizzard bought em first.
assholes
You are a robot.. yes i do by god that game was fun,funny and just well fucking good.

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
Audacious said:
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
If it hadn't come out the same time as half life it might have totally revolutionized the genre and it would work as a game now if it was simply mordernized and the bugs taken out.
A thousand times this.

Nobby

Nov 13, 2009
Star Wars Battlefront. Sure it was mostly just a battlefield clone but ever since I heard the rumors that there wasn't much chance another would be made I felt sad.

Feb 13, 2008
Audacious said:
If it hadn't come out the same time as half life it might have totally revolutionized the genre and it would work as a game now if it was simply mordernized and the bugs taken out.
Another one for Bloodlines.

NO, YOU STOP!!!

Poster1234

Apr 26, 2011
Mangod said:
Volan said:
Audacious said:
Absolutely agree. I couldn't be more happier than if a sequel to this fantastic game was ever made. Seriously, I don't know why they haven't done it yet.
What they said. Bloodlines was awesome.
This. Good god, this.
Do I really need to explain ?
That was some of the most kickass writing and voiceacting I've ever seen in a video game.

HazelrahFiver

Oct 12, 2009
Irriduccibilli said:
Mirrors Edge 2, this time with a better and longe story
Absolutely this. I'm honestly confused as to why this game isn't being made. It's one of, if not the most unique, games I've played. It worked nearly perfect (despite what some people will say) and the story was actually refreshing - you weren't saving the world or even the city, just your sister and a much larger, darker plot never even got touched. It was like the first Mirror's Edge was one piece of the story-puzzle, deliberately done so that a sequel should be made!

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I would greenlight Mirror's edge 2. The first game had beautiful visuals, a great ambient soundtrack that fitted perfectly in the game and fun, yet flawed, platforming.
Though the first one had, let's say, one or two flaws, it also has alot of potential. The first person platforming, like I said, was pretty fun and was actually done pretty well, not perfect by any means but it could definitily be improved upon easily. And if the story is fleshed out a bit a sequel has the potential to become a very good and successful franchise.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
VAGRANT STORY ...because it would show developers what a proper JRPG looks like.

Adult protagonist, mature story/ narrative. No douchebags for team-mates. No need to save the whole world/ universe. No need to engage in silly mini-games that add nothing. No need for silly animal mascottes or comical relief for that matter. No need for blatant fanservice. No need for random encounters with a vast array of weird-looking creatures. No need for NPCs that have nothing substantial to tell you. No need to journey all over the world getting caught up in all manner of shenanigans to the point of forgetting what it was that set everything into motion.

What JRPGs lack these days is clear focus and consistency. Logic is all too often absent as well. A sequel to Vagrant Story would slap developers out of magpie mode, showing them that they are required to deliver a quality product that makes sense as a whole...to the very last detail. A game that is highly immersive because its identity/ character is coherent and polished. Not only a work of art, but also of dedicated craftsmanship.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Legacy of Kain, Though i think a Reboot would be more in order, given the long break.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
HazelrahFiver said:
Irriduccibilli said:
Mirrors Edge 2, this time with a better and longe story
Absolutely this. I'm honestly confused as to why this game isn't being made. It's one of, if not the most unique, games I've played. It worked nearly perfect (despite what some people will say) and the story was actually refreshing - you weren't saving the world or even the city, just your sister and a much larger, darker plot never even got touched. It was like the first Mirror's Edge was one piece of the story-puzzle, deliberately done so that a sequel should be made!
I've been ninja'd so many times, so I'll just quote you. Everything that I wanted to say.

Also Bully 2 and Persona 5. Wait...AND FINISH KH3!!!

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Mirror's Edge PROVIDED EA HAS NO PART IN THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS.

Seriously guys, leave it up to Dice. The game does not need more guns or to completely rip off 1984 rather than simply working with a similar premise.

Rhianna Pratchett can write and the development team at Dice is well aware of the USEFUL criticisms of the first game (controls need tweaking, could have been longer etc)

Oh, also, don't turn it into Blink, where one button does EVERYTHING.

GoodOmens

Apr 23, 2011
Master of Magic. Classic old-school 4X, incredibly deep, lots of options. Update that with today's graphics, and remove some of the more ridiculously unbalanced aspects, and you'd have a great game for this generation. MOM has spiritual successors (Elemental: War of Magic and the Dominions series come to mind) but it's not the same.

SamBargeron

Jun 23, 2011
Megaman Legends 2...
my dream almost came true...
greenlit for the 3ds...
then cancelled...
course, I kinda expected that the project would either wither or die with the departure of Keiji Inafune...

tomlambro

Aug 15, 2011
viranimus said:
Either Vagrant Story - nuff said, Or Xenogears (and nothing to do with xenosaga from any standpoint) I want episodes 1-4 and 6.
Definitely Vagrant Story for me too ! The game had it all! Storytelling, characters, vast gameplay with a solid replayability (the forge, the iron maiden)...
And what's more, a WIDE OPEN ENDING !! What's to become of Ashley? What will be the church next move to seize control over the alliance? Arf, that sequel would be a hardware must-buy trigger for me!