You get to greenlight a sequel to any game that has ever existed. Which game do you choose?

Valdsator

May 7, 2009
Wolfenstein.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was an amazing game that had satisfying guns, unique enemies, terrific music, and some rather funny moments. The game was epic. The new Wolfenstein was also really good, in my opinion, but I'm not sure if it sold well, so I don't know if id or Raven will continue making more anytime soon.

Vargras

Aug 23, 2010
I'd have to say Battlefield 2142. I absolute adored that game (ESPECIALLY Titan Mode. Most fun I've ever had online), and would love to see a sequel for it. Unfortunately, it seems like we'll be stuck with Bad Company clones for the rest of forever.

Aside from that, maybe just a sequel to Ikaruga.

Swmystery

Mar 21, 2010
Initial thought (some spoilers)- Final Fantasy IX. My absolute favorite game in the series and one I've been desperate to return to for a long time. Some explanation of Necron by setting him up as the primary villian of IX-2 (as it would probably be called) would be good, as well as exploring further the changed world following the Mist (an incredible power source) disappearing at the end of the game.

If I can't have this (and if I can't have any control of the project, given what Square have done with the FF series lately, I might not want this), I'd like another Shadow Hearts game, which would have to be in the hands of a new company as that which made the originals no longer exist. Ideally it would focus around the "bad" ending of Shadow Hearts 2 (i.e. the one where Yuri isn't killed via impalement), and Yuri's search to regain his personality and memories from the curse of the Holy Mistletoe. This would naturally involve him meeting up with the remnants of his old teams from SH1 (Alice of course being dead, Margerete and Zhuzhen probably as well) and SH2, with cameos by the SH3 team depending on how the plot turned out. I'd do this one because I'm thoroughly unsatisfied with the way that SH2 ended Yuri's story (and no real indication as to the canon outcome) and the break that SH3 was with the series' past.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
a sequel to 999 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors.
another Star Wars Battlefronts.
another Crackdown.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
See, I'd be extremely reluctant to hand off a sequel to anyone other than the original team. That being said, I'd love sequels to:

Psychonauts
VtM: Bloodlines
Okami
Jade Empire

Yes, you said only one, but I decided to be rebellious.

Edit: As for why? Psychonauts and Okami had cliffhangers and both had some exceptional gameplay and themes that I'd love to see again. Bloodlines was a great introduction to the World of Darkness and I think that series needs many more games, plus it had some fantastic writing. And Jade Empire because martial arts RPG. That's all the reason you need, really.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
A Nightmare on Elm Street for the NES. I really liked that style of gameplay and I think a lot of neat things could be done with a Freddy game made in the present day. Or they could just do a retro update type sequel for the game, and that would be just fine with me, too.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Well, I want a sequal to KotOR 2, so KotOR 3, and not The Old Republic; I want a single player game, not an MMO.

Barring that, Alpha Protocol (but I would have to make it clear that if its given the same treatment as the first, I will personally skin any and everyone who caused problems... excluding me.

Keczapifrytki

Sep 27, 2010
I would love another Crusader [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusader_%28game_series%29] game. I just loved it as a kid.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
Rogue Galaxy. A pretty enjoyable action RPG. Definitely needs a sequel.

Oh, and Psycho-fuckin'-nauts

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
SomeLameStuff said:
FREESPACE! FREESPACE! FREESPACE! FREESPACE! FREESPACE!

I want a goddamn sequel already! GIMMIE!
GIMME GIMME GIMME YOUR LOVE AFTER MIDNIIIIIGHT!

Haha sorry, habit of mine.

OT: I can't believe they never made KOTOR 3.

It's freaking Knights of the Old Republic dammit!

That cliffhanger HAS to be answered.

Rapamaha

Dec 6, 2010
Knights of the old republic, it would be a perfect trilogy, eventho swtor is coming out and im really waiting for it, its not just the same thing...

Warcraft (RTS series), WC3 is one of my all time favorute games and an excelent RTS game, another great series that was ruined by MMO's...

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
CobraX said:
force Bioware to make more Mass effect games past #3
I don't know whether that'd be wise or not. It might work if it is a new character or something, but who would be the enemies unless it was a prequel? Geth maybe, unless they get destroyed/ surrender in 3.