You hate something and your the only one...

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I hate Meat Loaf. The guy has one song and I only like that when I'm drunk. Ehhhhhh...

Also, anything Josh Homme has done since Songs For The Deaf has been boring as fuck. And The Foo Fighters' last two albums have sucked, bar about 3 songs.

Battenbergcake

Oct 4, 2009
moretimethansense said:
beniki said:
The fact that very few people ever say sorry these days.

I think I'm the only one that's noticed, but sorry if you have too.
For me it's more that people say it and don't mean it.

I never apologize unless I actuallly mean it.
ZiggyE said:
Battenbergcake said:
Neogenesis Evangelion.
THANK YOU! I am so with you. Most anime fans treat this as 'DEEP stuff man' and when I say I don't like it it's because I 'didn't get the meaning of it'.

ffs.
Well it is deep(ish) but I'll admit it's also a confusing mess, at least you say that you don't like it or you don't see the appeal, rather than just say it's crap.

OT: that's what I hate, that people keep delivering their opinions, beliefs and tastes as though they were fact.
I came over with some rather harsh points about Evangelion being an impentirable mess in my ammended comment explaining my reasons but people are entitles to enjoy whatever suits them.
For me i can explain some of the reasons i dislike and some are gut feelings that repulse me from the show, however like you said it's good not to be ignorant of people who don't share your common opinion but to be open to the fact not everytihng thinks as you do.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Thibaut said:
I could go on forever here but I will post some examples: Twilight and Justin Bieber.
You seriously think you are the only one?
Misinformed you are.

OT: Batman.
I don't get why that many people like him.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Bobby Kotick
One of my stupid cousin
A lot of people in my class because they are pretentious, arrogant bastards
Modern Warfare 2. Which makes me a hypocrite, because I've got quite some playtime in that game, but that was only because my friends played it all the time, and the fact that I paid about 10 quid/20 dollars for it.

DoctorObviously

May 22, 2009
rokkolpo said:
Thibaut said:
I could go on forever here but I will post some examples: Twilight and Justin Bieber.
Misinformed you are.
Why do you think both of those subjects are hugely succesful and make more money than we can count?

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Thibaut said:
rokkolpo said:
Thibaut said:
Misinformed you are.
Why do you think both of those subjects are hugely succesful and make more money than we can count?
A lot of people still hate it. Especially on the internet in communities like the Escapist.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Jim Carrey. His over the top acting is irritating the first time. The second time he's just pushing it. And the third time he should be shot.
Only problem is that his over the top acting is present in everyone of his performances. That´s a shit load of times that he should have been shot.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Mass Effect!

Well, maybe not mass effect.
Just commander shepard. Him and his continued and varied existence continues to prove a terrible, aching thorn in my said and I wish him a painful undoing.

And this is my favourite X on the Y.

I am done now.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Battenbergcake said:
Neogenesis Evangelion.

-It is not deep.
-The biblical reference has no meaning i could replace everything with cullenary vocabularity and it wouldn't effect the plot but make it far funnier when they say "Oh shi- there's a sausage roll attacking tokyo pre pare EGG-01 for battle.
-It has got horrible characters.
-It lingers uncomfortably on some of the violence and the age of the characters make it unsettling for me.
-It's plot is nigh imperivious to understanding.

Nice animation mind and a decent score but that's all i can say i like about it.
ZiggyE said:
THANK YOU! I am so with you. Most anime fans treat this as 'DEEP stuff man' and when I say I don't like it it's because I 'didn't get the meaning of it'.
I hate too break this to both of you, but nobody likes NGE.

I always find it confusing when I hear people say they hate it "because it's overrated", yet I never hear anyone say they actually like this show. Whenever Neon Genesis is mentioned on a thread, 90% of the people here are bound to dispise it for being overrated.

Sarah Frazier

Dec 7, 2010
beniki said:
The fact that very few people ever say sorry these days.

I think I'm the only one that's noticed, but sorry if you have too.
People say sorry still, but either with sarcasm, irritation, or without really feeling sorry for whatever happened. Remember the time people actually meant what they said? Neither do I...

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Battenbergcake said:
Neogenesis Evangelion.

-It is not deep.
-The biblical reference has no meaning i could replace everything with cullenary vocabularity and it wouldn't effect the plot but make it far funnier when they say "Oh shi- there's a sausage roll attacking tokyo pre pare EGG-01 for battle.
-It has got horrible characters.
-It lingers uncomfortably on some of the violence and the age of the characters make it unsettling for me.
-It's plot is nigh imperivious to understanding.

Nice animation mind and a decent score but that's all i can say i like about it.
ZiggyE said:
I hate too break this to both of you, but nobody likes NGE.

I always find it confusing when I hear people say they hate it "because it's overrated", yet I never hear anyone say they actually like this show. Whenever Neon Genesis is mentioned on a thread, 90% of the people here are bound to dispise it for being overrated.
Ohrly? Nearly all anime communities and people I know in r.l. who are into anime love it. I have trouble finding a person who doesn't hate it among those communities. And people who do dislike it often don't like anime in general.

beniki

May 28, 2009
ZiggyE said:
Battenbergcake said:
Neogenesis Evangelion.

ffs.

And while we're on the topic of anime I hate while everyone else in the anime community seems to love it...

K-On. Sorry. Just don't get the appeal.
Ooh! Let me educate you as to why Evangelion is awesome! It has nothing to do with the pseudo religious crap they put in there. Well, a little bit, but not because of the actual content, but more of why it's there.

NGE is satire of Big Mecha Anime. You know the type, fired up young teens in tight, tight spandex with huge spiky hair all yelling about fighting spirit and stuff. NGE takes the standard formula (secret base, alien enemy, parental issues, mini skirt wearing eye candy, cute mascot penguin) and puts it all on it's head by putting a real 14 year old boy in the cockpit.

It makes fun of all the standardised characters. The doctor character is a hot blonde instead of an old man. The guardian isn't a straight laced soldier type, but a heavy drinking nympho. The magic/alien quiet girl is in fact a clone of his mother, making the inevitable romance creepy in a way which mocks the forced feelings of the standard one. The religious overtones are used to mock the often ill explained alien technology which apparently makes all this possible.

It's great stuff, and paved the way for other more serious Big Mecha hits, like Big O and Bokurano. And of course, Gainax changed the way we look at Big Mecha anime again with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan. Whereas NGE was a parody of Big Mecha anime, Gurren Lagaan is a celebration of everything awesome about it... fighting spirit, over the top action and the quintessential icon of the whole genre, the drill.

*ahem*

Sorry, I like anime. You're right about K-On though. It's a little over rated for what it is, and a sad reflection of the current slump in high minded anime.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
ZiggyE said:
Jonny49 said:
The Harry Potter movies. 1 through 6 are awful films.

I haven't seen the newest one though, who knows. It might actually be good!
It's really good.

Great compared to the other films.

OT: Lord of the Rings. The films and the books. Most over-rated pieces of junk ever with cliche storylines. And it invented sterotypes for Elves and Orcs that seems to be used in almost every fantasy book/game/movie henceforth. Get some original ideas people.

I honestly think the only reason some people liked it is because of the beautiful scenary. Well I live in New Zealand, and it looks nothing like it did in that movie :S
How can something be Cliche if it was the first to do something?

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Scarface, the Godfather...

I couldn't wait for those movies to end... I must have gone out for 8 or 9 cigarettes when some friends were watching the Godfather recently, just to avoid as much of it as possible.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
I don't like Mass Effect...
*Hides*
Which is weird, considering Dragon Age is my second favourite game.

I also hate anything to do with Harry Potter, and there are fangirls and boys at my school who wont shut up about it.
Mages are cool, teenage wizards with wands are not.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Amphoteric said:
ZiggyE said:
Jonny49 said:
The Harry Potter movies. 1 through 6 are awful films.

I haven't seen the newest one though, who knows. It might actually be good!
It's really good.

Great compared to the other films.

OT: Lord of the Rings. The films and the books. Most over-rated pieces of junk ever with cliche storylines. And it invented sterotypes for Elves and Orcs that seems to be used in almost every fantasy book/game/movie henceforth. Get some original ideas people.

I honestly think the only reason some people liked it is because of the beautiful scenary. Well I live in New Zealand, and it looks nothing like it did in that movie :S
How can something be Cliche if it was the first to do something?
The plot was predictable. It may have used some new, fancy fantasy spices, but barebones, it was very predictable. It's a typical 'adventure' story, just like the ones that had been told for centuries.

beniki said:
ZiggyE said:
Battenbergcake said:
Neogenesis Evangelion.

ffs.

And while we're on the topic of anime I hate while everyone else in the anime community seems to love it...

K-On. Sorry. Just don't get the appeal.
Ooh! Let me educate you as to why Evangelion is awesome! It has nothing to do with the pseudo religious crap they put in there. Well, a little bit, but not because of the actual content, but more of why it's there.

NGE is satire of Big Mecha Anime. You know the type, fired up young teens in tight, tight spandex with huge spiky hair all yelling about fighting spirit and stuff. NGE takes the standard formula (secret base, alien enemy, parental issues, mini skirt wearing eye candy, cute mascot penguin) and puts it all on it's head by putting a real 14 year old boy in the cockpit.

It makes fun of all the standardised characters. The doctor character is a hot blonde instead of an old man. The guardian isn't a straight laced soldier type, but a heavy drinking nympho. The magic/alien quiet girl is in fact a clone of his mother, making the inevitable romance creepy in a way which mocks the forced feelings of the standard one. The religious overtones are used to mock the often ill explained alien technology which apparently makes all this possible.

It's great stuff, and paved the way for other more serious Big Mecha hits, like Big O and Bokurano. And of course, Gainax changed the way we look at Big Mecha anime again with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan. Whereas NGE was a parody of Big Mecha anime, Gurren Lagaan is a celebration of everything awesome about it... fighting spirit, over the top action and the quintessential icon of the whole genre, the drill.

*ahem*

Sorry, I like anime. You're right about K-On though. It's a little over rated for what it is, and a sad reflection of the current slump in high minded anime.
Sorry, it won't change my mind. I don't like Gundam or TTGL either, so I guess the whole Big Mecha thing is an instant put off for me.

Tohru_Readman

Sep 14, 2009
I have to agree with everyone who said Neon Genesis Evangelion, it's so boring and overrated.

Other anime that I dislike, that most of my fellow anime fans love:

Akira
Blood the Last Vampire.
Memories (enjoyed the first short film, hated the other two)

beniki

May 28, 2009
ZiggyE said:
Sorry, it won't change my mind. I don't like Gundam or TTGL either, so I guess the whole Big Mecha thing is an instant put off for me.
Oh, I don't mean to change your mind. Just explain why it's important to anime... despite the ridiculous amount of cash whoring that surrounds it.

It is surprising you don't like TTGL though. It's pure emotion on cel.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Thibaut said:
rokkolpo said:
Thibaut said:
Misinformed you are.
Because of little girls that get the hots for Bieber and slightly older girls that get the hots for Edward and that ever-shirtless guy.