You have one wish!

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
We're assuming this is a wish granted in accordance with my intent, correct?

All right, guaranteed great success in any endeavor I am passionate about.

WOOHOO successful career and lifelong loving companion, here I come!

Bhaalspawn said:
Ix Rebound said:
Bhaalspawn said:
Every living thing in the universe, including me, dead.
ummm.. ...why?
We're all going that way anyway, so any other kind of wish I would make would be pointless. Just speed up the process and drift away into peaceful nothingness.
How incredibly stupid. End results are inconsequential. In higher dimensions, all time exists at once to observers. Therefor, anything and everything that occurs has cosmic significance. Ending in death does not nullify that which came before it. Even my wish for success stems from a desire to enjoy life, not to reach some higher end result. I would never take immortality if offered it. The point of existence is to improve and beatify it ad infinum within the limited time allotted, until it ends and the next one begins. A point you seem to be missing.

Simultaneously, your wish is grossly selfish and, quite frankly, despicable.

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
I wish for exceptional healing powers. The ability to reverse aging, heal wounds, cleanse diseases and get rid of pain. This way, I can be of use to the world and keep my friends and family alive and healthy. Works for me. I'd have to keep my powers mostly secret though. Don't want them abused by the wrong people.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
The knowledge of all languages (as in, being able to speak, read, write and understand them). Dead, current and those to be. I love languages. ^.^

a7xman

Oct 14, 2011
Imthatguy said:
a7xman said:
For once in my life, to have a girl I really like to like me in return, or at least give me a chance.
Would you say you wish for a goddess to stay by your side forever?
Nah, I don't want perfection. Perfection would be boring. No grwoing together, no fighting, no make-ups, at that point it's just endless bliss, and without the bad moments, how are we to know the best moments? I just want a chance with a girl I like. Just a chance.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
MonkeyPunch said:
Rowan93 said:
MonkeyPunch said:
Ah always that "no wishing for more wishes" caveat.

How about wishing for your rule about 'no wishing for more wishes' to be void?
That's not wishing for more wishes and would technically work :)

Also ninja'ed just above with wishing for my own wishes to come true. (though you could argue that indirectly that's wishing for more wishes)
Since you only get one wish, and you used it up wishing that it was possible to wish for more wishes, you basically just lost a wish and didn't get anything.
If you'd read properly you'd see that I didn't wish for more wishes but my wish was that the caveat would disappear. Big difference :)
Protip: When you complain about people not reading your posts properly, try actually reading their posts properly.

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
a7xman said:
Imthatguy said:
a7xman said:
For once in my life, to have a girl I really like to like me in return, or at least give me a chance.
Would you say you wish for a goddess to stay by your side forever?
Nah, I don't want perfection. Perfection would be boring. No grwoing together, no fighting, no make-ups, at that point it's just endless bliss, and without the bad moments, how are we to know the best moments? I just want a chance with a girl I like. Just a chance.
I feel you bro but the joke was about a certain anime/manga [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_My_Goddess!] that I lifted my avatar from.

RADIALTHRONE1

Feb 6, 2011
That people would do what i told them to, even if physically impossible (kinda like Sebastian from Black Butler).

Or, being able to defy the law of conservation of energy/mass/etc with my mind. Essentially, being able to create something out of nothing.

rayman56

Mar 14, 2012
My one wish would be to be able to make anyone in the world be sexually attracted to me. That way, if I'm having a bad day, I'd just make a ***** want to have sex with me and then we'd get it on.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Ix Rebound said:
Bhaalspawn said:
Ix Rebound said:
Bhaalspawn said:
Every living thing in the universe, including me, dead.
ummm.. ...why?
We're all going that way anyway, so any other kind of wish I would make would be pointless. Just speed up the process and drift away into peaceful nothingness.
That's kind of a cynical view on things. You never know what might happen in the future!
well, apparently even time itself will cease to exist one day, as will our entire universe.

Unless we can find a way to go to other universes/create our own pocket universe. I would totally volunteer for a Sliders type of deal (and get killed on the first stop by some sort of mutant animal)

zarix2311

Dec 15, 2010
I would wish for the power to never die. To be more specific, I wouldn't die from old age or injury, but my body can still sustain damage. So I would just reform if I threw myself into an industrial fan.

zfactor

Jan 16, 2010
I see nobody has picked mine yet...

The ability to predetermine the outcome of events if I choose to do so, either generically or specifically, with no, from my point of view, 'negative' side effects occuring as a result and nobody realizing I was the one who influenced the event.

Yes I have given this way too much thought.

(for example, if I am playing a dice game and I want to win, I can either decree, in my mind, that I will roll a 6 and my opponent will roll a 2 or I decree will win the roll. This would also work on people, so I can either pre-think entire conversations and they will happen just like I thought, or think "this conversation will go well" and it does.)

THE_JOKE_KING33

Jul 17, 2012
THIS:

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Reality_Warping

Who cares if I can't get more wishes!? With this I can make anything(well 99% of anything) possible! :D

Alexias_Sandar

Nov 8, 2010
I wish I had sexually transmitted and blood born perfect regenerative healing ability. That...should do it. Should restore the various damage I've got to my body already, deal with aging and the like, and spread nicely to spouse, kids and the like. Of course... healing everything doesn't mean you don't hurt or don't GET hurt...and if you piss too many people off might end up buried under a mountain of rubble or something unable to die... not to mention some other possible side effects. Ah, well. Let's try not to overthink awesome wish powers until they always end up being more curse than benefit.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
The Lazy Blacksmith said:
Invincibility. I would jump off of mountains for giggles.
Technically, you'd only be unable to feel pain with the possibility of being undamaged by conventional means. Invincibility alone doesn't prevent you from dying, and if the magical internet fairy is as big a dick as genies usually are, you'd probably just get stuck with CIPA (the picture might be a bit disturbing if you're really squeamish).

:D

I would wish for the ability to, at my disposal, alter reality to my whim with no limitations.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
I know its probably a waste of a wish.... but right now I just want my Demonoid back... stupid Ukraine Government

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Rowan93 said:
MonkeyPunch said:
Rowan93 said:
MonkeyPunch said:
Ah always that "no wishing for more wishes" caveat.

How about wishing for your rule about 'no wishing for more wishes' to be void?
That's not wishing for more wishes and would technically work :)

Also ninja'ed just above with wishing for my own wishes to come true. (though you could argue that indirectly that's wishing for more wishes)
Since you only get one wish, and you used it up wishing that it was possible to wish for more wishes, you basically just lost a wish and didn't get anything.
If you'd read properly you'd see that I didn't wish for more wishes but my wish was that the caveat would disappear. Big difference :)
Protip: When you complain about people not reading your posts properly, try actually reading their posts properly.
At the risk of double-posting -

He never said anything about wanting more wishes. I assume he assumed that we're working in a plane of existence that has more than one singular wish-granting magical being, and so wishing to remove the "No more wishes" caveat would grant other people the ability to wish for more wishes.