You have the power to bring back one cancelled TV show...

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
I'd make, I guess, Nexflix pick up Better Off Ted like they did with Arrested Development.

quantumsoul

Jun 10, 2010
Twin Peaks for sure. It got cancelled before the story ended. The cliff hanger it left off on physically hurt me. It sucks the actors would be so much older now, so I don't really see it ever happening.

Exosquad would be another one. Such a great American Mecha Cartoon.

Feb 24, 2011
Vausch said:
Titus.

Or Swat Kats.

Or Invader Zim.

Or Greg the Bunny.

Put any of those 4 in a hat and I'll be happy with the drawn winner. Though if pressured, Swat Kats. Seriously, go to hell Ted Turner.
INVADER ZIM!!!!!! god i loved that show

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
Samurai. Fucking. Jack.

This needs to happen right fucking now.
Fuck. Yes.

Alternatively, I would bring back Pushing Daisies. Then it would never end, because I love that show so damn much.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Captain Pancake said:
Outcasts. It ran for one season on the BBC but it didn't get enough viewers to be brought back for a second. Which really sucked because it ended on a cliffhanger and now I'll never know what happened on Carpathia.
THANK YOU! I mentioned that earlier in the thread... I love it when people agree with me.

Still need to get the DVD box set for that show.

Xanian

Oct 19, 2009
Pushing Daisies....please? Also, and I might be the only one to say this, but I really wanted to see where Kings was going...

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Firefly - This show was a work of art. I'm sure I don't need to tell any of you that.

Reaper - This show was great fun, and it ended EXACTLY where it shouldn't have ended.

Stargate Universe - This show started off dead slow and boring in the 1st season and then rapidly became one of the absolute best sci-fi shows ever made in the 2nd season.

Veronica Mars - This show was a work of pure soul. A fiery spirit engulfed in tragedy.

Journeyman - This show started off slow and got canceled at the exact point where you are absolutely addicted and want more. Cancelled right at the point where you like physically NEED to see more.

Better Off Ted - This show was brilliant. Easily one of the funniest things ever put on TV. How this show didn't become a colossal success...I dunno. It's not even like you had to watch a whole episode or understand the characters to appreciate how funny it was.

Spider-Man:TAS - Epic cartoon. I'm about to finish rewatching the whole series. It starts off as easily digestible intros to all the concepts and characters involved and then after a couple of seasons evolved into a sprawling epic. They were never afraid that their audience wouldn't be able to handle the subject matter or follow the plots. They were never afraid to step into the wider Marvel universe when it suited them. They crossed over with X-Men:TAS, he met Iron Man and the Fantastic Four, he worked alongside Daredevil, explored the history and ramifications of Captain America's existence.... Perhaps better than any other cartoon they managed to translate the interwoven complexity of the Marvel universe into a single show.

Spectacular Spider-Man - Much lighter in tone than TAS but nonetheless was quickly becoming a very VERY worthy successor it. Very good show. 2 Seasons simply was NOT enough.

Batman Beyond - THE worthy successor to Batman:TAS. Do I need to say more than that?

Gargoyles - Again, a cartoon not afraid to get grim and serious. Not quite as complex as Spider-Man and a bit more goofy in a couple places, but overall it was an incredibly good show.

The Tick (live action and animated) - It's awesome in EXACTLY the same way The Venture Bros. is awesome, which should be no surprise since Jackson Publick is/was heavily involved in both. You can NEVER have enough of The Venture Bros.(scientific fact).

As someone who loves X-Men:TAS, Batman:TAS, Spider-Man:TAS, X-Men:Evolution, Batman Beyond, Spectacular Spider-Man, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Young Justice, etc etc etc (you know, the REALLY great superhero cartoons), I can't for the life of me understand why so many people in this thread seem to like Wolverine And The X-Men enough to name it as a show that they want back.... That show bores the hell out of me in comparison. I have the entire series and simply CAN'T make myself watch the whole thing.

Major Chip

Dec 5, 2011
My Name is Earl needed finishing, just let him complete his list damn it.
Heroes I just loved, even when it wasn't quite as good (ignoring previously important characters completely is always going to lose friends).

There are plenty of cartoons we all know and love from days of old where, technically, they never received a conclusion. We watched the bad guys lose and escape for years but then never got to see their just deserts arrive.

Argumental was a funny show, say what you like about Rufus Hound but the concept of it and the decent guests made it worth watching.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Clearly Firefly. But also, STARGATE UNIVERSE!

And if your allowed to bring back a canceled game - S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2

SecondSince

Apr 22, 2011
I am very happy and relieved to see the first post after the OP is Firefly. It's my choice if i could revive any show, and one of the few that would deserve to be revived as well.

Saying that, i'd still be terrified if they actually did it sometime. It would be so hard to recapture the sheer atmosphere that show had. Ah well, a man can dream! ^^

pilf

Apr 23, 2008
Hyperdrive

It was a BBC comedy about the crew of a spaceship, kinda like Red Dwarf but with 'professional' astronauts exploring the galaxy for Britain.

Plus it starred Kevin Eldon as a sociopathic scientist/military tactician, that's something I want to see more of because he does it so well.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
My first choice would probably have been Battlestar Galactica (the recent one), but that series had a mildly satisfying finale, so I suppose it's off the list.

It's a toss up now between Firefly and Stargate Atlantis. God, how I miss Mckay...