You import an ME2 save to ME3... where sheppard didn't survive

Zechnophobe

Feb 4, 2010
What happens? Game loads... then just plays a cut scene showing the universe getting owned by reapers?

Special 'shortest game ever' achievement received?

You play as JOKER in a suped up battle suit?

Nothin' but red hot Krogan pr0n?

(Edit: Officially this won't be allowed, but what SHOULD happen if you continued the story from that point?)

Crayzor

Aug 16, 2009
Bioware said before ME2 was released that a save where Shepard died can't be transfered to the next game.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Either your dick/Sheperd will be revived again. Or you wont be able to use that file for ME3. Or you get a joke achievment.

Any one of them is possible

TheGuiggleMonster

Feb 11, 2011
Bioware said upon the release of Mass Effect 2 that your save game couldn't be imported to Mass Effect 3 if Shepherd dies.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
Grayjack said:
You can't transfer. Bioware said that you'll just have to make a new file.
Oh god I was hoping you could at least play as someone else who is = in badassness (as far as anyone who isn't Shepard can be badass) where eventually the stories will merge into one but I was to positive >__>

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Zechnophobe said:
Grayjack said:
Wow.. really? Okay, then what SHOULD happen?
The reapers eat everyone, I guess.

I haven't played ME2 yet, so I don't know what happens, but based on ME1's ending and the general knowledge that the reapers return for ME2, that's kind of where I guess things end up without Shepard's heroism.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Arontala said:
Grayjack said:
That's..... incredibly stupid.
No its not. What's the point in choices if nothing sticks? Especially if that choice leads to the death of the main character no less. You have to be the world's laziest player to kill him off anyway.

They said before ME2 was released, so its not like people haven't had enough time to try it with him alive.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I kinda wanna see the special cutscene where the Reapers just shit all over everything if you import a dead Shepard. I guess we'll see later this year though.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
There will be no transfer if you let that happen. Just assume the universe was wiped out.

What? Do some people want BioWare to make another hero who has acquired the knowledge of the Reapers and made the same contacts as Shepard but in a different way? And do it in a way that doesn't diminish the value of Shepard and doesn't come off cheesy? Please...

You have to go out of your way to kill Shepard.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
this story is about Shepard so what is the point of importing a save where Shepard's dead

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
One thing comes to mind when you were perfectly able to import a save from the first to second game, but not from the second to third...

Incredibly. Piss. Poor. Writing.

The first ME was damn good in my view. I watched my brother play most of the second and it wasn't as good as the first was. The same old @#$%@%* formula happens with these game companies when this shit happens.

"Oh, one of our titles was a success!"

"Well, let's make more money by hastily making a sequel so that we can make MOAR MONEYZ!"

"I think this might be something we'd want to handle caref-"

"GET TO MAKING THE DAMNED SEQUEL NOW!!!!!"

"Yes sir..."

*scurries away*

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
As much as I know from the press releases it won't let you, it would be pretty funny to see a cutscene the other characters working in mines complaining about Sheppard not being there to save them followed by a big sign flashing up telling you to do it properly.

Seives-Sliver

Jun 25, 2008
I am tired of file transfering, why can't they do something simple where the gamer tells the game what happened, it worked well in KOTOR2, why not try it again instead of me having to work myself to death to make sure I have all my bases covered for the next game?