You know Video Games have ruined you when...

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
One day last year I was driving to school after not long passing my test. A driver behind my was flashing his lights at me, so I pulled in, and being tired, scraped my front left wheel trim on the curb, I hadn't realised I'd done it at this point though.

So I get out of the car and the other guy had pulled up behind me to tell me that my back left wheel trim looked loose. So I nudged it with my foot and it snapped. So i pick up the pieces of my now shattered wheel trim and put them in the boot (trunk? for the americans). After that a guy walking his dog points out that I had shattered my front left wheel trim on the curb.

So both wheel trims on the left side lost in roughly 60 seconds.

Anyway, to bring this back on topic, I had been playing loads of Fallout:NV and I couldn't comprehend at all that day why I couldn't just quickload to an earlier point and correct my error.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
When you hold your hands like you're handling a controller even though you aren't while sitting down. Happened to me a few times.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
...when walking alone in a rough neighborhood, you don't check for robbers, you check for spies.

Too much playing engie for me...

DaMullet

Nov 28, 2009
You hear music all the time.

This happened to me because of FF6; I would have the overworld tune going in my head as I walked to school. It freakin freaked me out.

Lord Aronsworth

Jul 20, 2010
Country
USA
All real life experiences.

I attribute stat increases to every accessory and item I wear/carry. Shoes=speed/defense, pocketknife=attack, etc.

I've had dreams entirely in 16-bit sprites.

I've had dreams as third-person shooters.

When wandering downtown, I make note of every ledge I could grab and use to reach the roof.

Every time I have something that contradicts what someone just said, I begin my response with "OBJECTION!!"

Sammisaurus

Jun 10, 2011
When you remember that sitting on a bench with two other people does not actually make you instantly invisible to everyone else.

Pyrofirestrike

Jul 21, 2011
When my friends and I do something epic in our tabletop or LARP games, someone sings the Zelda item theme.

When, depending on your actions and how they fared during the day, you think that you either rolled a perfect 20 or nat 1'd and you're either praising or cursing the Random Number Gods.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
EHKOS said:
When you look outside at the tall grass you're supposed to mow and think you need to go out and punch it for seeds.
I always get my sword and look for rupees.

Noctius

Jul 21, 2011
1-you start dreaming about sheep
2-you see a karma meter every time you make a decision
3-you think you can use a sword as big as you because you have blue eyes

cant remenber any others now =3

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
When you are sat in a physics exam and you are reading all the questions in GLaDOS's voice.
That actually sounds pretty awesome...

OT: When you start looking at things and think "How could I use that as a weapon?" and then try to pick it up by holding the square/x button

OblivionSoul

Oct 19, 2009
When you walk around wondering what surfaces would allow you to put portals up and which wouldn't.

stebsy

Jul 24, 2011
When you sprint through long grass hoping you don't get attacked by a wild pokemon.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
You know games have ruined you when you stop playing games. Seriously.

I understand and appreciate the intent of this thread, I just don't like the idea that games "ruin" people.

Now that I'v finished complaining:

... when you get angry at the camera controls IRL because you can't see enough.