You know what really grinds my gears...?

gentleben

Mar 7, 2008

I'm forging this thread in the name of all the petty little hate trips that everyone has from time to time. In the name of good mental health, vent your frustrations with the escapist community and discuss them.Everyone does it, so lets get it all out there, and channel our rage in to one designated thread, so we don't all go postal.

You know what grinds my gears? Megan Fox. I just don't find her to be as attractive as she is given credit for, and yet the entire world just kisses her arse.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
All the Chuck Norris jokes people make. They've never been funny, and it's just getting annoying as time goes on.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
gentleben said:
You know what grinds my gears? Megan Fox. I just don't find her to be as attractive as she is given credit for, and yet the entire world just kisses her arse.
She's hot, but I much prefer Jewel Staite.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
Just a lil' word of advice to anyone posting here:
Look at the reason [user]TheNecroSwanson[/user] was banned.

Also, take a look at [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.120064"]this[/a].

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
Used up meme's, ie Chuck Norris jokes etc.
Cpt_Oblivious said:
gentleben said:
She's hot, but I much prefer Jewel Staite.
I'll give you that one, she is better looking than Megan Fox, but not by much >.>

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Pi_Fighter said:

Also, take a look at [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.120064"]this[/a].
That guy was banned? aww man, I liked that guy.

EDIT: Ok just posting the list was kinda pointless so I'm just gonna pick one and hate that.

2. Idiot kids on youtube who think they know what they are talking about, fuck you, you're not smart just because you have a webcam. I cannot fully express how much I hate you.

Ok you, idiot kids on youtube:

first: Fuck you.

Second: When was that last time any of them actually made a decent argument concerning whatever issue they decided to stick their noses into?

I watched part of a video in which this stupid chick, who didn't even bother to re-shoot the video after making so many speech errors, the concept of spell check is valid in all cases moron! uhhh okay, so she was talking about the war in Iraq, making many arguments that I could rebut in a coma but still she thought them valid. Either she thought these ideas were groundbreaking enough to give voice to them over the internet or she was narcissistic enough to think people cared about what she had to say.

third: No one, I repeat, no one cares about what you have to say.

gentleben

Mar 7, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:

To be fair, the thread you posted just seemed like it was full of racism. I've seen other places with this thread and it has never gone that far. This is purely about the little grievances you have in your everyday life that piss you off, so if you're going to come in to this thread saying "Jews grind my gears" or some shit, don't even bother, no one wants to hear it.

Edit: And rather than just posting lists of stuff that you don't like, it would be nice to see posts with what pisses you off, and why, rather than just saying "I hate chocolate" with no real justification behind it.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Pi_Fighter said:

I'm not venting, I'm posting pictures of attractive people.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
New gen game's prices.

Working from 9 to 1 and 3 to 7, that leaves no time for much. wich take me to...

Not having time to do stuff i want. like working out, play basketball or playing video games.

New "survival horror" games. I rather play the old ones (if i had time)

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Rickroll'd videos. A particular movie trailer I wanted to watch was barely out for a day before 2 high-profile decoys were created, by 2 different jerks. I have yet to see many things closer to a gigantic bird-flip at the entire online world. Wasn't funny, never was, so STOP DOING IT. I would estimate 20% of all Youtube videos are now this.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Pi_Fighter said:

I didn't even realise he got banned. I didn't know him but I knew about him and had seen his posts before.

Anyway, as for me:

1-Jehovas' Witnesses. Shut up I'm not interested in talking about Jesus. I'm neutral in that debate and that's how I want to stay, stop forcing me into your religion.

2-Spam. Feel free to decide whether I'm talking about the meat or the emails.

3-4Chan. Does that need a reason?

4-Sarah Silverman. She isn't funny.

5-Jade Goody. Dead but still annoying us like hell.

ace_of_something said:
really really loud people.
Don't you mean:

[HEADING=1]REALLY REALLY LOUD PEOPLE![/HEADING]

dontworryaboutit

May 18, 2009
Pi_Fighter said:
That's one hell of a classy gentleman.

I will also cast a vote for PETA. I also hate both Superman and Spiderman.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Pi_Fighter said:

I'm not venting, I'm posting pictures of attractive people.
gentleben said:
I am just offering a friendly warning to my fellow forum users about what not to do.

All of which is detailed in the posting guidelines, but sometimes people need firm examples to really get the message.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
People who think they're hilarious and witty because they can repeatedly use 4chan meme's.
Again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and...

If I ever snap, they'll be my calling card.