"You Know What? You Guys Are Dicks."

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Happened to me on Call of Duty 4. I joined 4 games and the lobbies closed as soon as I joined. But then again it was probably because I had kicked the guy who was running the lobbies ass in the previous game. But still, you can't be more mature about it.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
"NOT A SPY? LOL! THATS A GAY NAME NOOB *permaban*"
I also got banned by 10 year olds for not likeing Halo that much.
I don't remember alot of them right now.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I got kicked from a L4D game for using the hunting rifle.

I got kicked from a L4D game for trying to kick an afk person, who then returned and voted to kick me.

I got kicked from a L4D game for killing two special infected through a wall with the hunting rifle.

My conclusion is that the L4D community sucks.

GeoPB

Jun 10, 2009
People that quit when they are losing.
People that sing on Live.
Kids that yammer on about shit.
SNIPERS!

Apr 28, 2008
ColdStorage said:
Portal Maniac said:
Irridium said:
Try starting yourown lobbys, that way you have the power
Me and power don't mix well. I go mad with it.
power corupts, absolute power is pretty cool though.
Yeah, I go mad with it as well, but it just feels soooo good.

"Call me a jackass will you!, lets see how you like the boot!"

lullabykid

Jun 18, 2009
Yes, here let me educate you.
I spent 4 of my high school years as a lifeguard and in those years I had to save a number of people. You see when saving a drowning victim the first thing they will do is grab you and literally pull you under the water to survive.

What point am I trying to make? Through all our fake selfless exterior where we help old ladies across the street and such is one objective and that objective is to get what we want. It doesn't matter who you hurt directly or indirectly to get it. People are shit and that does not exclude me or you. Accept and move on.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
I got kicked from a L4D game for using the hunting rifle.
I got kicked from a L4D game for trying to kick an afk person, who then returned and voted to kick me.
I got kicked from a L4D game for killing two special infected through a wall with the hunting rifle.
My conclusion is that the L4D community sucks.
I have been kicked for L4D for using the headset at all.
I have been kicked for not having my headset on.

Destroyer5609

Jun 26, 2009
Yeah i run into a whole bunch of dick faces online that so happen to hate me for absolutley no reason and should burn in a fire but none the less tons of people in the real world are like this too. sadly...sigh..

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Well, in WoW I don't think I have ever been in a group were at least one person isn't a complete dick. My fondest memory was when this hunter was bitching about a Epic bow he bought of AH for loads of gold and how it made him do loads of DPS. So someone put up a DPS meter, he was 3rd (in a group of 5), he got really edgy after that and started accusing the rest of the group (who to my knowledge were all Pugged) of hacking the game. One good thing did come, in that I made a very good friend of someone who shared my opinion of him form the start.

May 7, 2008
i was thinking team America....but instead this o.o

i got it worse on halo 3 and tf2 because i have titties and i'm pretty good =/

''AGHH ITS A GURRLL''

-___-

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
Portal Maniac said:
Have you ever played with people who are absolute dicks and should go die in a fire?
Yes. I know what you mean about Left 4 Dead too - When the free trial was available on Steam I played that and found that community to be ugly and booting and overall, mostly bad people who played L4D waaaay too much and despised anyone who was in any way unlike them.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I find I rarely encounter people online that are actually fun to play with. There are SO many people out there just dicking around and generally being disruptive to the whole game experience. And don't get me started on any game that requires teamwork. I could start listing examples but I don't think people are interested in seeing a wall of text.

You know back in the old days (late 90's, early '00s) I mostly played in clans and so my online gaming experience consisted mostly of playing in a clan against other clans. It might just be an impression of mine, but I think a lot of the online etiquette I feel used to exist, has faded away, making room for kids screaming profanity into their mics and bad sportsmanship.

But every once in a while I encounter good people and I have an absolute blast playing. It is only by a small margin, but those moments make wading through all the sludge worth it.

MikeTheElf

Aug 22, 2008
It's not so much that they are necessarily dicks, it's more the fact that they merely wanted a friends-only game. It's happened to me before--the reverse; I've been playing a game that was specified as "friends-only" in the lobby, but because it was hosted on a non-official server, it made no difference, and others joined anyway. That's the downside of playing on a non-official L4D server (at least on PC; I've never played online 360 L4D).

So if any of you have jumped into my games, and immediately received a vote-kick, it's not because I hate you, it's because the 3rd-party server overrode my "friends-only" option.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Portal Maniac said:
I just took out my Left 4 Dead and popped it in. I thought I would enjoy a nice game of killing some Louis as a smoker. Evidently, I was wrong.

I did a quick join into 3 different games, and within 5 seconds I was booted from both of them. Had I done anything wrong? Had I spawned? Had I even said anything yet? All of them no.

So I ask you, Escapists. Have you ever played with people who are absolute dicks and should go die in a fire?
People in WoW BG's can go SCREW. Dicks to the highest degree.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Great title.
Wonder how many ppl came in rdy to flame?

Anyway..... ya Counterstrike, L4D and EVE online. I think whenever you add the human element your going to get those (shitty) people that kill, kick, voteoff or just find a way to ruin your game time.

I think the escapist had a great vidieo on Griefing not to long ago. If you havent seen it check it out. (It helped me put it into perspective.)

Oct 9, 2008
wicced466 said:
*brings back memories of the kicking in warcraft 3"
*shudders*
Especially the "Leave = Ban" combination! This got applied to me when I got kicked for attempting to start a relaxed discussion about some upcomming fixes due to Dota (with the opposite team of course) and the host apparently counted that as leaving, so I got banned from quite a few of his friend hosts

But then again; online games, mainly FPS's communties are vile for pre-views on players, love getting banned for being intelligent enough to type fast in full sentences, then having the "ban" streamed online for hacking.

Music to my ears =)

Kaijj

May 5, 2009
Yeah it happins all the time. I play sniper in Battlefield 2142 and I get kicked for lucky headshots.

JayDub147

Jun 13, 2009
I always used to feel bad because I happen to be good friends with people who happen to be complete douchebags online. However, the problem has mostly been eliminated because of party chat, but still, I'd like to offer an apology to whomever it may concern on their behalf.

Not that they would know who they are, I suppose.