You know you live in [Blank] when [Blank]!

Jackeno

Feb 6, 2013
you know you're in England when; if anything happens the first thing to do is make tea.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
You know you're in Oregon when someone from Hong Kong is surprised by the lack of Umbrella use.

Satocreed

Oct 26, 2009
You know your in Utah when you move to a new neighborhood and EVERY SINGLE neighbor come over to "welcome you too the ward". And then treat you like the spawn of a vampire and a leper when you say your not a member of the church. Makes things interesting :D.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
You know you live in Sweden when everybody you know have the same living room table from IKEA.
Hell, everybody has the same furniture in general.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
jdogtwodolla said:
You know you're in Oregon when someone from Hong Kong is surprised by the lack of Umbrella use.
Thats because umbrellas are for the weak.

You know you live in the Portland area when you hear a hipster sneer about how much other hipsters have sold out.

You know you live in Washington when you tell people that it rains a ton to keep others away. When they come, the realize that you really do think it doesn't rain much, its just that living in Washington and the lack of sun has warped your mind.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
You know you're in Australia when people think we've got the worst EvAH of everything, except when it matters.

"Our politicians are so terrible, they have boring voices and don't have exciting scandals like those lucky nations overseas...oh, massive areas of the country are underwater or on fire or both, meh"

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
You know you're in Canada when not looking where you're going causes you to bump into a random stranger and they apologize.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
- You know you're in Brooklyn when a hipster will complain to you that organic foods are the only way to go because they're free of toxins, then proceed to smoke at least half a carton of cigarettes.

- You know when you're in New York when a woman bottle feeding a baby strapped to her chest is walking down the street, towards traffic, and no one is reacting the slightest.

- You know when you're in New York when any odd thing is going on, and the only people reacting to it are the people who don't live there.

C4tt4nn4

Oct 26, 2012
you know you live in france when the TV ratings system is off the hook (ie rated R = +12)

to put this into perspective, full metal jacket is rated R in the US. Its rated as "all audiences" in france.

MagunBFP

Sep 7, 2012
TehCookie said:
You know you're from Michigan when you have all four seasons in one day and can drive through snow.

Though I like the cities mottos more:
Flint: Our crack whores can beat your crack whores
and Detroit: Where the weak and killed and eaten.
You know you're in Australia when Detroit survivors are considered bait.

Also you know you're in Australia when the "it was this big (moves hands apart)" conversation isn't about fish... its about the spider sitting about the bathroom door.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
You know you live in Sweden when politicians suggest that due to the lack of homes available, immigrants should share homes with people that live here.

I wish I was kidding about this one (to be fair it was a suggestion made by one politician). We're the country that accepts most immigrants in the world and instead of lowering the number of accepted immigrants you suggest that people should rent out rooms.

You know you live in Sweden when your entertainers says mind-numbingly stupid things.

This one needs a bit of explanation. Joey Tempest, the leadsinger of Europe, said a few days after the death of Freddie Mercury that "Freddie Mercury was never known as a great singer."

... yeah, he actually said that.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
JemothSkarii said:
You know you're Australian when you see this above your bed:

Immediately name him Steve or Jensen and talk to it like it's your bro.
I do that.
doggie015 said:
You know you live in Perth (Australia) when...

People ask what time the bus will be and you say it'll be 5-10 minutes late anyway
Melbourne is like that too.

Xelien

Oct 22, 2008
You know you live in Texas when you think 2 hour long drive is a short trip.

Rasor

Jul 21, 2009
You know you're in Tasmania, Australia when your mother is your sister too.
But more seriously my house was so wet and cold the other day that leeches were in my mailbox, all over my bills yo. I don't even live anywhere remotely rural, it's all urban here!

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
You know you live in Canada when you're shoveling the snow that you already shoveled back onto the snowbanks because there's so much that the snowplough knocked it back into your driveway, which is made especially difficult, since the snow already turned to ice from the freezing rain. Seriously, fuck snow.

Also, you know you live in Canada when you have free healthcare, but no doctor.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
You know you live in the Netherlands when there's more cyclists than cars no the road.

Gets crazy around universities especially. 50+ cyclists crammed before a single red light.

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
You know you live in Israel when "Excuse me, can you move your rifle?" is part of the "bus" section of a phrase book.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
You know you're in Australia when you see flood waters extinguishing bush fires.
You know you're in Australia when both your ping and game prices are three digits long.
You know you're in Melbourne when it has stopped raining before you can even open your umbrella.
You know you're in Melbourne when your bus driver encourages people not to bother touching on with their stupid Myki cards.