You know you live in [Blank] when [Blank]!

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
you know you live in Berlin when you ask a bus driver something and he proceeds to rant at you for five minutes.
bus drivers are dicks

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
You know you are in England when you are lining up in the rain for something you don't want.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
You know you're in Norway when the cheapest 0,5 l of beer in a bar sets you back $13 USD.

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
you know you live in Australia when the bus goes right past the stop as the bus driver laughs and waves at you

three times in a row

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
lechat said:
you know you live in australia where something devastating happens and the response from those around you is "she'll be right"
Basically this, sums up the attitude of us Aussies, we just don't give a fuck, unless you touch the beer...NEVER TOUCH MY BEER

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Oh I got one ( I live in Utah)...

You know you live in Utah when your neighbors wives, outnumber your towns Starbucks!
BU-DUM-TSS!

(Yeah I know the Mormon church officially denounced polygamy a long time ago, I don't care, I've been waiting forever to use that joke! Plus my town has NO Starbucks so it's actually true.)

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
You know you live in the south when four days of torrential drizzle is considered "Sporting weather"
You know you live in England when your first reaction to the 7/7 bombings was "Fancy a cuppa"?
Alternatively, you know you live in Kenya when the security guards of the Mayor's house all hold either automatic weaponry or Maori slings.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
You know you might as well be living in eastern Europe when you live in my part of England.

Not racist; cultural satire.

But in all seriousness the UK does have a rampant immigration problem.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
You know you live in [The Deep South] when [Being Gay Is A Choice, But Being Obese Is Genetic].

You know you live in [Texas] when [Praying For Rain Is Logical, But Dancing For Rain Is Evil Pagan Crap].

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
You know you live in Hungary when people can't shut up about how big our country was before WW1, and how we should have it again, even though we can't take care of the little shithole we currently have.

Garrsus

Jun 21, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
You know you live in Dundee when every third teenage girl you see is pregnant, or already has a baby.
really? that sounds more like more of a "you know you live on earth..." thing :p

OT: you know you live in England when rain clouds are 'long cycling trip' weather.

Garrsus

Jun 21, 2010
Hagi said:
You know you live in the Netherlands when there's more cyclists than cars no the road.

Gets crazy around universities especially. 50+ cyclists crammed before a single red light.
suddenly i like Norway...
seriously most English hate cycling -.- i'm all alone.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
You know you live in Norway when you see Sweden as one big discount shopping mall.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Satocreed said:
You know your in Utah when you move to a new neighborhood and EVERY SINGLE neighbor come over to "welcome you too the ward". And then treat you like the spawn of a vampire and a leper when you say your not a member of the church. Makes things interesting :D.
One of my to-do items in life is to move to Utah, just to see how fast I can get people to run me out of whatever town I move to.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
teebeeohh said:
you know you live in Berlin when you ask a bus driver something and he proceeds to rant at you for five minutes.
bus drivers are dicks
I wouldn't say that this is something unique to Berlin.
Bus drivers all over the world are dicks, so try something else...

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
You know you're in New South Wales when the government decides to slash the education budget, then admits they made an enormous accounting error and don't need to cut anything, but goes ahead with the it anyway because who gives a shit about education amirite?

Vault101 said:
you know you live in Australia when you have to go tell dad to kill the snake in the back yard (which is probably poisonous and leathal)
What, you mean this harmless thing?

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Calibanbutcher said:
teebeeohh said:
bus drivers are dicks
because having a lot of snow(like so many people here picked) is something truly unique.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
gogeggegg said:
Hagi said:
You know you live in the Netherlands when there's more cyclists than cars no the road.

Gets crazy around universities especially. 50+ cyclists crammed before a single red light.
suddenly i like Norway...
seriously most English hate cycling -.- i'm all alone.
Norway?

Netherlands is that little country across the Canal where you guys go on vacation to smoke weed.

Maybe you know it as Amsterdam (the equivalent of London) or Holland (the equivalent of England, meaning only a part of the country)?

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
teebeeohh said:
Calibanbutcher said:
teebeeohh said:
bus drivers are dicks
because having a lot of snow(like so many people here picked) is something truly unique.
My post might have seemed to "dick-ish", I admit, but I was rather hoping for something humorous to stem from that.
E.g.
"You know you're in Berlin when you can walk down a street and watch Kebap prices drop as you walk past"