You know you live in [Blank] when [Blank]!

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
You know you live in America when a massive school shooting of children has very little impact on gun regulation.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
Oh! This sounds like great fun! I'm in

You know you live in Minnesota when...

Your friend who moved to California is complaining about how cold it is (40 degrees) . I was just walking around in a t-shirt and jeans when we had our really nice warm streak of 40 degrees last week...
Another Minnesota boy! Gotta love the bitter cold and miserable summers!

Anyways, You know you're in Minnesota when your goodbyes can last hours because neither of you want to stop talking to eachother. You end up standing outside the front door when you might as well go back in and sit down.

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
You know you live in Canada when you're about to jaywalk after a car passes by and they stop to let you go. You then wave them past, but they continue to signal for you to walk across. Rinse and repeat for a couple of minutes. Everyone's too damn considerate here...

laraghboy

Jul 14, 2010
You know you're from Ireland when it can rain for 40 days in a row and still be considered a good summer. (Also whenever you meet someone from another country they can be genuinely surprised that you're not drunk!)

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
You know you live in Liverpool when you get to 8 years old before you realise cars are supposed to have wheels.

You know you live in the UK when people spend the one week where the weather is actually nice complaining that it is too hot.

Xelien

Oct 22, 2008
shrekfan246 said:
Xelien said:
You know you live in Texas when you think 2 hour long drive is a short trip.
I think that depends on your frame of reference.

You can drive practically anywhere in Vermont in two hours. :D
That's my point, I go almost every other weekend from Austin to San Antonio because it's about a two hour drive. So short.

Now if I want to go to my hometown in South Texas...6 hour drive, that's a long drive. In Texas you can hardly go anywhere in two hours.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
You know you live in Yorkshire when you can totally forget to use the word 'the' and no one will find it odd

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
AnarchistFish said:
You know you're a Frenchman living in England when everyone is an annoying smart alec little shit to you.
You know that you're an Englishman when you start feeling rather stabby as soon as you recognise that there is a Frenchman around.

Also, them's fighting words. You better be ready to fight on the field of honour.

Eldrig

Apr 25, 2011
You know you live in Canada when you either live in Toronto, or think that everyone who lives in Toronto are ponces.
You know you live in Canada when your country continually elects the Conservatives into power, while simultaneously being bewildered at the popularity of the Republican party.
You know you live in Canada (and not Toronto) when it has to snow about a metre in one night for school to be cancelled.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
You know you're in England when you are getting quite good at pronouncing Polish names.

You know you're in England when you are working just to cover the childcare costs.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
You know you live in Wyoming when seeing another car on most roads is cause for celebration
You know you live in Utah when everyone around you complains about Utah drivers constantly then turns around and brags about how much better Utah drivers are than Californians.

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
You know you live in Chesterfield when all you have to boast is a church with a crooked spire and a really big, open-air market.

Oh and a bar called "Chandler's"...which is fookin' awesome!

Garrsus

Jun 21, 2010
Calibanbutcher said:
teebeeohh said:
Calibanbutcher said:
teebeeohh said:
you know you live in Berlin when you ask a bus driver something and he proceeds to rant at you for five minutes.
bus drivers are dicks
I wouldn't say that this is something unique to Berlin.
Bus drivers all over the world are dicks, so try something else...
because having a lot of snow(like so many people here picked) is something truly unique.
My post might have seemed to "dick-ish", I admit, but I was rather hoping for something humorous to stem from that.
E.g.
"You know you're in Berlin when you can walk down a street and watch Kebap prices drop as you walk past"
Thedutchjelle said:
Hagi said:
You know you live in the Netherlands when there's more cyclists than cars no the road.

Gets crazy around universities especially. 50+ cyclists crammed before a single red light.
suddenly i like Norway...
seriously most English hate cycling -.- i'm all alone.
Norway =/= Netherlands, like one person already said.

You know you live in The Netherlands when you cannot comprehend someone being unable to swim.
I just can't. How can you NOT be able to swim? How?[/quote]

right, right sorry, i guess i wasnt paying as much attention as i should have been :p misread.

and for another, you know you live in the UK when you can have a spectacular crash (on a bike 'cause yea) and not have people so much as bat an eyelid at you, but for another to stumble and have half the town asking if they are ok.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
AstylahAthrys said:
You know you live in Northern Michigan when you look outside your window and you still see 5 feet of snow on the ground and don't even bat an eye.

Really. No sane person should be okay with living here, but yet we are.

I miss grass, and I don't think I'll see it till May :(
TehCookie said:
You know you're from Michigan when you have all four seasons in one day and can drive through snow.

Though I like the cities mottos more:
Flint: Our crack whores can beat your crack whores
and Detroit: Where the weak and killed and eaten.
Edible Avatar said:
Michigan.

One three words.

Lake-Effect Snow
TheVampwizimp said:
You know you live in Michigan when it's spring in the morning, summer in the afternoon, a chilly fall that evening, and snows overnight.
A: Woooooo other Michiganders!!!!

B: You guys all forgot the other season around here, Construction Season

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Lionsfan said:
AstylahAthrys said:
You know you live in Northern Michigan when you look outside your window and you still see 5 feet of snow on the ground and don't even bat an eye.

Really. No sane person should be okay with living here, but yet we are.

I miss grass, and I don't think I'll see it till May :(
TehCookie said:
You know you're from Michigan when you have all four seasons in one day and can drive through snow.

Though I like the cities mottos more:
Flint: Our crack whores can beat your crack whores
and Detroit: Where the weak and killed and eaten.
Edible Avatar said:
Michigan.

One three words.

Lake-Effect Snow
TheVampwizimp said:
You know you live in Michigan when it's spring in the morning, summer in the afternoon, a chilly fall that evening, and snows overnight.
A: Woooooo other Michiganders!!!!

B: You guys all forgot the other season around here, Construction Season
Agh. Construction season is almost as horrible as our lake effect snow! I commute down I-75 about once a month during the summer to see family and it gets terrible. I really say we have two seasons, snow season and construction season.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
You know you live in Australia when you look at the sky in the morning and cannot say with any certainty whether or not it will rain at some point. I swear it works off Murphy's Law.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
You know you're in New England when you have to sit at the on ramp to a highway for several minutes because nobody will move out of the entry lane.
You know you're in New England when you barely make a light before it turns red, and then see the next 5 people behind you speed straight through the red light.
You know you're in New England when nobody ever uses a turn signal.
You know you're in New England when people tailgate you on a highway with completely open lanes to either side of you.
Seriously, New England drivers are terrible.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
You know you live in a mid-western small town when the only "gang" in town are the group of 3 hispanics that roam around town acting tough.

Not even joking, it is seriously what my town was like.