You know you've been in the escapist for too long when

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
Country
Republic of Texas
When you wonder whether not Danyl ACTUALLY believed that crazyshat or was just trolling us all and check your pets just to make sure they are safe...
I love that guy. There are people who do choose a bizarre social issue to latch on to. His argument was basically, "People already treat animals poorly, so let them fuck them."

Dalisclock

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
United States
When you remember THE MEGATHREAD!

I pretty much stayed out of there, and occasionally popped in just long enough to watch the feces fly back and forth for a bit.

Mister Mumbler

Forum Lurker Extraordinaire
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
The Devil's Dutch Oven, Arizona
Country
United States
When you vaguely remember what everyone is talking about the old forums, but in a "standing-outside-with-face-pressed-against-window" type way.

Also, when you start regularly posting after having an account for 9+ years.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 3, 2020
Country
United States
When you have been arguing with @Ezekiel about Max Payne 3 for at least 5 years, probably more.
Well, I mean, when someone says some dumb crap like Max Payne 3 should have full subtitles, how can I not put in my two cents? Not you. I don't remember what part of the game I talked about with you.

Reactions: Kae

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
Country
Republic of Texas
when you see pseudo intellectuals everywhere

Reactions: Iron

Kae

Just burn the whole thing.
Legacy
May 8, 2020
Somewhere in México
Country
México
Well, I mean, when someone says some dumb crap like Max Payne 3 should have full subtitles, how can I not put in my two cents? Not you. I don't remember what part of the game I talked about with you.
Last time I think it was just the typical Max Payne 3 is Man on Fire stuff, we've argued over other things in the past I'm sure.
BTW don't take my posts super seriously by now I'm basically shitposting, it's impossible to hate a game for such a long period of time, at least for me, don't know about everyone else though.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
Country
Republic of Texas
when you see discussions that go into circles all day and people thinking that they can change someones viewpoint and opinion

Iron

BOI
Aug 13, 2020
Country
Occupied Palestine
when you notice some dude is reviving the forums with a bunch of nice threads

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
Country
Republic of Texas
when you notice old people with new names

Gethsemani

Hardcore Feminazi
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
Sweden
When you remember THE MEGATHREAD!

I pretty much stayed out of there, and occasionally popped in just long enough to watch the feces fly back and forth for a bit.
Dear God, just thinking about it kickstarts a headache for me. I was active for the first 10 pages or so (back when it was still a Zoe Quinn thread) but after that I mostly dipped in to see what kind of nonsense was being peddled as THE TRUTH and how many users had been banned in the last 2 pages.

My own contribution is when you remember the banning of Rolling Thunder and the outrage it caused.