You Know You've Been On The Computer For Too Long When...

zachbob2

May 21, 2008
When you want to find the time you look in the corner of the paper you are looking at

Bling Cat

Jan 13, 2008
115. When you are found, days later, by the police, dead at your keyboard from having not moved in two weeks.

Xelioth

Oct 8, 2008
116. when you wake up, walk to the computer, press the power button and then continue to do your morning routine.

117. only to realize you didn't have time to log onto the computer today. =P

edit: 118. you have to edit a post after realizing that turning on the computer is not necessarily part of everyone else's morning routine...

Mr. Payne

Aug 30, 2008
119. When the hearse pulls up and knocks down your door, leaves, and says false alarm.
120. You remember Runescape.

Convenient_Label

Dec 18, 2008
123: Your internal voices begins to sound suspiciously like Dennis Haysbert pretending to be a soldier, Liam Neeson pretending to be a post-apocalyptic scientist or Patrick Stewart pretending to be a nobleman.

124: You're still sitting at the computer at five in the morning because your partner isn't at home at the moment so there's absolutely no incentive to go to bed and your default behaviour is to ***** on forums and wonder why your eyelids are twitching.

knottingam

Dec 10, 2008
125. Without thinking about it, you end sentences by saying "dot com." (I actually did this once: "I guess he just wanted to try something different dot com").

126. When you mess something up, you find yourself looking for Ctrl-Z.

127. You focus on the music you have going in the background and realize that you've already heard this song twice, and that your library is repeating itself.

knottingam

Dec 10, 2008
TheBluesader said:
36. You find yourself compulsively refreshing your Escapist profile page to see if anyone's responded to a post.

37. When you see no one has, you go back and edit your old posts to try and make them funnier so SOMEONE pays attention.

38. You contemplate grabbing an empty Gatorade bottle to dwiddle in because you haven't gone for 6 hours but you're still in the middle of the latest Zero Punctuation and you just can't bring yourself to pause the funny.

(I know these are all Escapist themed, but when I'm staying up way too late online, it's because of this place.)
Guilty on all counts.

knottingam

Dec 10, 2008
128. If you use IM acronyms in casual conversation.
--Especially if you've ever said "rofflecopter" or "lollerskates" out loud.

a7r0p05

Dec 10, 2008
knottingam said:
...guilty.
I have also used "rofl," "lol," "ttm," and others in casual conversation. But the worst part is, my friends don't even notice because they do it too...

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
knottingam said:
I have used 1337 and IM acronyms. Always sarcastically though and usually to make fun of my friend who says LOL.