you longest hours campaign playthrough in your life

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
When I was a wee un I'm fairly sure I kept a save file of Frontier going for about six months.

Maybe longer.

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Do games that have multiplayer but still have single player count?

Cause I've lost way to much of my life to monster hunters.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Probably Persona 3 at about 110 hours (not counting The Answer).

This is if we're only counting single playthroughs, because there are other games I've played multiple times that exceed that number.

Clearwaters

Jul 14, 2014
My first play through of Persona 3 took me around 150 hours. I beat it in 60 for my second play through however.

AmberSword

Jun 16, 2014
Final Fantasy X, gotta max dem sphere grid, and multiple walkthroughs with self set challenges. Longest run was just under 2,000 hours if I recall correctly.Quite possibly my favourite game of all time

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
In a single playthrough? Persona 4 Golden, Platinum completion (If NG+ counts). Took me about 200 hours.

If not, it took me about 140 for one playthrough on the original just because I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Xenoblade Chronicles took me about 150 hours (I think official was actually 155-156 hours). Then again, I did as much as I could to continue spending time in the world, but I doubt I added a considerable amount of time with my stalling tactics (maybe 5-10 hours at most).

Not sure which game would take second place. Oblivion was easily on track at one point to make it to about 150 hours, but I stopped playing it about midway through the game. As a result, I think that second place for actually finishing a game would go to either Donkey Kong 64 or Tales of Vesperia. ToV took me about 60-70 hours to beat. I don't remember DK64, but I know I spent plenty of time goofing off and getting lost. I think my time on that game was about 70-80 hours. So yeah, basically, nothing even comes close to what I put into Xenoblade.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Probably Fallout New Vegas, with over 43 characters each having over 100 hours each...yeah I really love that game.
In terms of JRPGs (not Pokemon, that's its own category) it would be Final Fantasy XII, with over 300 hours in the vanilla game, and 200 hours in the International version.

In terms of Pokemon games, Pearl locked in at the most time, and that was about 300 hours, and that was only because I was training every single Pokemon in that game. Pokemon Black 2 clocks in close however with 250 hours, and Y was about 100.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Prophecy of Pendor (mod for Mount and Blade Warband) -over 250 hours and counting. I'm finally in the end game though so things will accelerate now that my custom knighthood order troops have been upgraded into some of the strongest warriors in the land. There's maybe 3-4 different troops in the entire game that are stronger -all of which are fielded in small amounts (I've never seen more than 25-30 Demonic Magnus in an army). I field an army of 300 with over 600 in reserve. I don't know if there's a battle I could lose at this point. Anyway, if I go for one quick sweep across the map, I can probably win the game in less than 5 hours.

Proziac

Nov 1, 2014
When I first got my hands on TES: Skyrim, I played some of the storyline and then lost interest. I started exploring other aspects of the game, the factions, side quests etc. I eventually decided to continue with the main questline and finished it with a total of 627 hours of playtime. I'm not sure if that counts though.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
For games in general: I ran a weekly game of Dungeons and Dragons for two years. With an average of 4 hours/session and a handful of marathon 10+hour sessions, I'd say the total comes out to around 420 hours.

For videogames specifically: Evochron Mercenary on Steam with 317 hours on one file. Some games have a slightly higher hour count, but a good portion of that is spent being idle so I'm reluctant to count it.

Toblo1

Jun 1, 2014
If we are talking in terms of just beating the singleplayer/story, then SMT IV is the most recent one to come to mind (Damn you, Neutral route.......). My play time, including exp/money grinding and doing the required challenge quests for the neutral route is somewhere in the sixties to seventies.......

In terms of pure play time? Team Fortress 2. 638 hours on record, according to Steam......

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Either FFX or Front Mission 4. Full completion except for Onion Knight in FFX was about 150 hours IRC, though I had other files before that. My FM 4 file has 160, but keep in mind it carries the timer over for each New Game+. 160 was after like 5 replays.

I'd probably get more from WoW or SWTOR if either of them kept track across all your characters.

TheGreatKlaid

Jun 18, 2009
I beat games pretty quickly, when I actually finish them. But, FFXII I think was my longest completion at like 80. I then stretched that out to like 120 doing the hunts and everything. My WoW playtime on my main would make that look bad, as well as my FFXIVARR time by this point. That's if we get to count those.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Excluding games like Oblivion, WoW, Fallout (well, I never bothered with FO much but still) where the chances of faffing about are significantly higher than doing the main story: Probably XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

I actually failed my first time round, so I essentially spent over 40 hours to defeat the final mission, and it was so kick arse that I bought the expansion and put it another 15 odd hours, before replaying it twice more on the original version. Still, 40 hours seems about right. If I included WoW I guess it would be over 100 hours 'cause level 70 in TBC, but like I said, nope.